+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

FORT Fogey

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3670085;
    Anyone catch that HORRIBLE Ashley Tisdale thing?

It was kind of an insult to our intelligence.
    I am tuning in late! First off, I am GLAD I missed that!

Would anymore mind telling me who made it through so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3670098;
    I am tuning in late! First off, I am GLAD I missed that!
    And they should KNOW that girl pop singers named Ashley and Lipsynching don't go over well together...

As I said though, it WAS one of the more elaborate covers I've seen for this kind of thing. Having the band there was already one step, but adding the fake backup singer? Wow.

Look. Daughtry's on now. And unlike Miss Disney, you can hear him BREATHING. You can hear tone changes in his voice, minor (real) imperfections, and the backup singers harmonize with his vocals instead of having that double tracked "its my own voice both times" thing.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-19-2009 at 10:42 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3670111;
    And they should KNOW that girl pop singers named Ashley and Lipsynching don't got over well together...

As I said though, it WAS one of the more elaborate covers I've seen for this kind of thing. Having the band there was already one step, but adding the fake backup singer? Wow.

Look. Daughtry's on now. And unlike Miss Disney, you can hear him BREATHING. You can hear tone changes in his voice and minor (real) imperfections.
    Funny!

I like Daughtry and am glad he's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3670115;
    Funny!

I like Daughtry and am glad he's doing well.
    Me too -- I appreciate the fact that he's singing for real (as evidenced by the minor flaws Krom mentioned) rather than lip-synching like Little Miss Disney.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I thought this week would prove to be difficult-the talent was throughout the entire 12 acts. It's a shame that they can't go back and let some of the acts that got axed be reborn in the contest-did you see Sharon and Peers be goggle-eyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3670085;
    Anyone catch that HORRIBLE Ashley Tisdale thing?

It was kind of an insult to our intelligence. Because the put her up there with a real backing band and faux backup singers to desperately try and cover her lipsyncing.

You could clearly hear that the backup singing was, in fact, the same voice as the main singing. Meaning that "backup singer" was fake.

Even moreso, you could clearly hear that the singing (of both the main, and backup, singing) was 'perfect', with no breathing sounds and studio mixed tones. DESPITE the fact that the band was playing live music.

It was one of the more elaborate attempts I've seen to cover lipsyncing. But COME ON. We have brains as well as ears.
    I was pretty obvious when Nick asked Ashley a question right after performing and her mic wasn't even on. He had to put his mic to her mouth.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;3670039;
    There's no way that Jeffrey Oh is one of the top pianists in the nation. It's ridiculous that he went through instead of Bree. Same thing goes for most of the dancers and ALL of the kid acts--there are just a lot of people out there who are significantly better.

From last night, I'd say the fire act, Marcus, Laurence, and the contortionist/dancer should go through. I would have picked Bree for the fifth.
    I respectfully disagree, I thought Bree was one of the weaker singers. She was flat a good number of times and she actually hit a high note where my dog looked at the TV and started to "sing" along with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3671361;
    I respectfully disagree, I thought Bree was one of the weaker singers. She was flat a good number of times and she actually hit a high note where my dog looked at the TV and started to "sing" along with her.
    Bree did have a LOT of flat tones, each time she would sing "face" in poker face, it was flat....very. She shouldnt have been trying so hard to over-sing, just sing respectably, let your tone shine, but the moment you over-shoot and try to be a Mariah, you are going to lose. And how sad to lose to a guy who had an inaudible act.

I was annoyed because the judges kept praising Bri for making the song her own. Lady Gaga sang that same version on American Idol last year, so although it wasn't the radio version, it was not unique either.

Last night's show was ok, but last weeks was packed w/more talent. Some of the talent was good, but most was so-so for me.

+ Reply to Thread