+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

FORT Regular

Re: America's Got Talent

Missed last night..Who got to stay???

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I sometimes think of the comments judges make when they criticize an act, saying it's for a million dollars and a chance to headline in Vegas. Why do some of these people even get to this point? Little Eleshia Miller would never make it that far, cuteness or not. I know it's a TV show and of course they need to keep that in mind, but those comments are kind of a moot point.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3657790;
    Terry Fader is talented and funny, but I'd actually pay to see Jeff Dunham.
    I think they're BOTH great ventriloquists -- and have very different kinds of acts. Kip's right, in saying that "Terry Fader is more than a ventriloquist act. It's a combination ventriloquist/comedy/impersonation/singing act." And Jeff Dunham, who is also fabulous, has more of an "interview/question/answer style" with his puppets -- and he gets a bit risque and snarky at times, which is kinda fun. As I said, BOTH great!

This season's America's Got Talent has been sort of ho-hum for me. There doesn't seem to be anyone who knocks my socks off. I love the Three Texas Tenors though. Hope they make it a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Locarber;3661336;
    Missed last night..Who got to stay???
    The Fab Five (clogging sisters-perhaps the best act so far), Rory the frisbee dog act, the Texas Tenors, the Voices of Glory (sibling music act). I know the other 2 dance acts, Eleshia Miller, the violin playing triplers, the dancing grandma Carolee, the Obama comedian, and singer Charles DeWayne were eliminated.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I thought Charles DwWayne should have stayed rather than Rory the dog. I liked his talent more! It still gets me (how many seasons does this one make?) that NOW the judges are saying "it's a million dollar talent" and yet they let in such schmuck as the dominatrix singer (who wanted to show us she was more than just a dominatrix and they "x'd her Lucille Ball impersonation). As far as I'm concerned, her talent was not good enough. I think you have to get a mix between great talent and oddness, with the most emphasis on talent!

I thought the dog was much better -- to many singers -- besides the guy that was going againist the dog was putting me to sleep on the piano.

I thought tonight was much better than the last couple of weeks. I guess they saved the best for last. I thought it was unfortuante that the piano player's mic went out and he couldn't hear his version of Elton John's "Saturday Night's All Right". Sometimes I don't get the judges comments. I thought he did a great job going from a classical piece to turning into Elton. Very entertaining. I also liked the first dance group (though did that one guy get dropped at the end? I couldn't tell if that was planned or not), the act at the very end, and the all girl group. Those 3 have a lot of talent already.

FORT Fanatic

There's no way that Jeffrey Oh is one of the top pianists in the nation. It's ridiculous that he went through instead of Bree. Same thing goes for most of the dancers and ALL of the kid acts--there are just a lot of people out there who are significantly better.

From last night, I'd say the fire act, Marcus, Laurence, and the contortionist/dancer should go through. I would have picked Bree for the fifth.

Anyone catch that HORRIBLE Ashley Tisdale thing?

It was kind of an insult to our intelligence. Because the put her up there with a real backing band and faux backup singers to desperately try and cover her lipsyncing.

You could clearly hear that the backup singing was, in fact, the same voice as the main singing. Meaning that "backup singer" was fake.

Even moreso, you could clearly hear that the singing (of both the main, and backup, singing) was 'perfect', with no breathing sounds and studio mixed tones. DESPITE the fact that the band was playing live music.

It was one of the more elaborate attempts I've seen to cover lipsyncing. But COME ON. We have brains as well as ears.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

I really, really cannot believe that Marcus is not going to the next round. And Jeffrey Oh is? Are people insane? or merely deaf?

Next they'll probably put through that kid dance act. Argh.
    Last edited by boxhill; 08-19-2009 at 09:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread