+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3657559;
    With all due respect for Terry Fader, I still can't believe a ventriloquist act won a couple of years ago. Yeah, he's a good ventriloquist, but if I went to Vegas, the last kind of show I'd pay to see is a ventriloquism act. And he's being paid a fortune! Sorry, I don't get it. I guess it's just me.
    I think Terry Fader is more than a ventriloquist act. It's a combination ventriloqust/comedy/impersonation/singing act.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3657207;
    she's cute? Maybe you arent watching her on HD, lol
    I feel so mean for saying this. I have two granddaughters and I love kids. But this little girl just doesn't do anything for me. I just get the feeling that she's heard too many times how cute / talented / funny she is. She may be all that for her family, but I think she's over the top. Wonder if she was on "Toddlers and Tiaras" when she was younger. She has that "plastic personality" that can be seen on T&T.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3656232;
    . . . feels like people who wouldn't have a chance on AI or SYTYCD as well as people who don't fit into any of the other talent-based shows. . .
    . . . or don't have enough talent, common sense, nor know-how to get an agent and go through normal channels.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3657632;
    I think Terry Fader is more than a ventriloquist act. It's a combination ventriloqust/comedy/impersonation/singing act.
    Terry Fader is talented and funny, but I'd actually pay to see Jeff Dunham.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3657790;
    Terry Fader is talented and funny, but I'd actually pay to see Jeff Dunham.
    I second that, because Jeff Dunham is the best, bar none.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fanatic

I was thrilled when my girls surprised me for my birthday with tickets to Terry Fator's first show in Vegas. I'm pleased to say that I wasn't let down. He put on a great show that folks who didn't follow AGT could thoroughly enjoy. My daughters went just because they wanted to please me but came home talking about how much they enjoyed the show and how funny it was. Just my 2 cents worth since I've actually seen the show. My only complaint is that the time passed so quickly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3657632;
    All in the format of a ventriloquist act. Is there any point during his act when he is NOT being a ventriloquist? Ventriloquists going way back have all included singing, comedy, impersonations, etc.

FORT Fogey

I've only tuned in for the last round so I don't have names down and may have missed things, but I have to say that I do like that little girl who got the boot tonight. She was the most gracious - and true - loser I've ever seen. She is being raised right. Plus, I love how she is both confident and objective in her skills and place in the competition.

I liked everyone went forward tonight. I like them all equally...well, maybe the 3 siblings at the end have and edge. i thought they were powerful. I could easily see them performing Christian music.....seems like there is a nitch to fill in that market as well.

The only one I didn't undeerstand was the last choice-between the dog act and the young singer. I enjoyed the singer much more than I enjoyed the dog act. That was a stunner for me. Also, did anyone notice how the 3 violin/stripper/pseudosingers left the stage without speaking a whole lot?

I knew it! SQ Entertainment IS formed from members who were in Status Quo (ABDC)!
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread