+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

Is it awful that I just fastforward through all the backstories and just watch the acts? Took me like 20 mnutes to watch a whole show that way.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That's what I do, too!!!

Harp-girl was really good!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think this season we are going to see a lot of talent. Alot of the dancing groups were good. I liked the friends where one played the guitar and sang and the other one tapped. it was almost like watching/listening to gregory hines!

That tapper totally shocked me! I never, never thought he'd be able to put on a performance like he did! That was fantastic!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Last night was pretty so-so. There were a few (2 guys from Poland who balanced on each other to name one and a nice young man who played and sang) that were good that I remember, but not a lot.

FORT Fogey

I can just see the two guys from Poland perform in a Circique d'Soleil show in LV.They have the look and the skill to be there

the Bollywood kids were a college cheerleading dance troupe dressed in costume. I will bet money that they all are members of a cheerleading group....and the judges didn't see the similarity/ They were good...but so are lots of those groups

I guess I've been a little disappointed w/the choices. They chose the gal who whips over the boy who was so good on his guitar with the blues. I don't agree w/their choices. Let's go w/the odd rather than the best.

I was not particularly impressed with the Bollywood group; I thought they were rather tired. I've seen more fantastic Bollywood on SYTYCD. I also thought that it was weak and trite, showing a lack of imagination, to put the blonde in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3624707;
    I guess I've been a little disappointed w/the choices. They chose the gal who whips over the boy who was so good on his guitar with the blues. I don't agree w/their choices. Let's go w/the odd rather than the best.
    That's been the problem with the show since season 2 when they changed the format. They let these awful acts through (like Baby Shakira) while not even letting a bunch of very good acts even get a chance to perform.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I stopped watching the show last year with the Shakira debacle. I decided to give it one more chance ... mostly because my kids wanted to watch! ... and I still think they make horrible choices. The only thing I can think of is the producers' choices.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread