+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

Re: America's Got Talent

I watched last night both the repeat from Tues. and then last night's show. Tues. seemed to be a fiasco. Last night's was a little better. If you're looking at the "talent" part, some are receiving praises more for the "back story" than for actual talent. I personally like the singers best, but sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. I loved the married couple that juggled the chain saws, loved the acrodunkers, and loved the last singer.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What annoyed me about the acrodunkers is that it was all stuff that we've seen before. Ho-hum. I also hate when the huge groups take to the stage and, inadvertently, all get put through.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3554436;
    [snipped]... If you're looking at the "talent" part, some are receiving praises more for the "back story" than for actual talent....
    Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

I thought that little girl last night was so annoying. They all said she didn't sing very well and they put her through anyway. It must be incredibly hard to disappoint kids though...

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3554793;
    Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

I thought that little girl last night was so annoying. They all said she didn't sing very well and they put her through anyway. It must be incredibly hard to disappoint kids though...
    I think that's why Sharon voted "no." It's too hard when these kids get voted off after spending weeks doing hours of rehearsals and being treated like a star. I think there should be a minimum age limit for shows like AGT. As the little girl was up there, I looked at my husband and said, "Well, she certainly thinks she's cute, doesn't she?" I'd probably agree if I were her grandmother, but I'm not.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I got a kick out of the grandma stand-up comic, although I'm not sure this is the show for her! Maybe Last Comic Standing?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3556000;
    I got a kick out of the grandma stand-up comic, although I'm not sure this is the show for her! Maybe Last Comic Standing?
    . . . or at our table the next time we go to a wine bar for happy hour!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3556000;
    Wasn't she great? "Who's your GRAMMA!?" hee hee.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3568818;
    Wasn't she great? "Who's your GRAMMA!?" hee hee.
    She was hilarious. I had the feel I HAD seen her on Last Comic Standing. She looked familiar.

And the kid who played guitar was amazing...can't remember if that was the same show. I watched 4 in a row last night.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

The grandma was on Last Comic Standing.

I thought the guitar kid was great-the father seemed a little awkward-Give Your Son a Big Hug already!

The singers from the post office were outstanding!

I enjoyed last night"s show. Yes, they still did the back story, but now it's involving the nontalented as well.

+ Reply to Thread