+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

FORT Fogey

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3687290;
    Heh.

That kid obviously doesn't understand what a non-disclosure agreement is. We all know he signed one stating that he wouldn't talk about producer interference!

I wonder what the penalty is. A kid like him doesn't have any money to take away.
    You ARE funny! Props to him for speaking what is more than likely the truth.

Wouldn't be surprised that Paradiso is also steaming in silence. I think that the producers "helped" them select an up-tempo tune that didn't work at all with their act.

Who is John Galt?

I watch a few episodes, but finally just got turned off. The acts were, for the most part, of low caliber. Just boring this year. And, the only judge that says it like it is is Piers. Sharon loves everyone, and David H. always seems like he is half in the bag, unless he is judging a pretty girl (then he perks right up). - what a hound!

I think this year the Hoff is more "with it" than ever before.

I agree that little "Tommy Tune" will get a bunch of "whoop a$$" for suggesting that producers had any part in choosing what he'd do. As if we weren't intelligent enough to know that every act that went the way that the judges wanted them to go, the producers were the ones prodding them to make the change. Kudos for getting that info out there.

Piers doesn't necessarily "say it like it is". He too is following instructions.

Sometimes they want him to go opposite the other two "nice judges" for drama. Sometimes they want him to put his seal of approval on something so it seems more credible because its "unanimous".

And its worth it for Piers to go along with this, because like Simon before him on Idol, it makes him "the only important judge". The others could go up in a poof of smoke and nobody would really notice.

Simon Cowell learned to do this at the knee of the Idol producers, and now he's carrying on the tradition with his stand-in on this show.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Ar-kiddie was booted almost immediately (in the first round of picks, right after Drew Thomas--the Tenors were the only ones from the first set to get through).

I guess they wanted to get him safely off the stage as quickly as possible tonight.

--------

Later: Hoffburger singing. Look, he's all black and whitey! And of course its cheesy as all heck. And he's more "talking" than singing. Truly. It's talk-singing.

Are we allowed to put twenty barf emoticons in a row?

Honestly, it looks like he's auditioning for "Guys & Dolls". I know a lot of people will want to post "hey, he wasn't that bad". Yeah. But he wasn't that GOOD either. It was an unchallenging song, which he talk-sang through, and it was Velveeta city.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-02-2009 at 09:41 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Glad that Kevin Skinner and Gramma Lee got through.....and Voices of Glory.
    I think AcroDunk got robbed. Given a little help with diversity in the coreography, they could have carried an hour show on the strip!
    Hopefully they were noticed by the Cirque folks......Paradisio dance as well.

Arcadian....though he may have broken the cardinal rule metnioning producer influence - has natural dance talent. With some formal training I hope to see him on SYTYCD in a few years.

Drew Thomas needs to send his resume to the hotels with shows in the bahamas....he wasn't a bad illusionist.

FORT Regular

Wow. What a joke last night's show was. We are supposed to believe that they will be doing a final 8, and not a final 10 like they've always done? Of course they were gonna send 5 through last night. Acro and Paradizo should have made it over Grandma Lee (who is not really funny) and especially Voices of Glory (no way a singing trio that has only one talented vocalist should have made it this far). America is voting on the story and not the talent. Too bad. If Barbara Pedilla doesn't win this competition, it would be a travesty.

The problem with Grandma Lee is that I have heard all of her jokes (with the exception of the Piers-sleeping jokes)! Voices of Glory has gone too far. Acrodunk was robbed. I loved Paradiso, and I'm sad to see them go.

What is it with the great magicians in the auditions going into the semifinals and flaking out with lousy routines? Bah.

Chicken man is mediocre as a singer, but I do see the appeal. I think I'd have a lot more respect for him if he were writing his own stuff.

Arcadian, I hope, will go on--such a shame that he told the truth, because I was thinking before that that Nickelodeon or Disney might snap him up and build a show around him. Ah, well.

To me, the Fab Five are incredibly good. I've seen cloggers all my life (I live in Georgia)... and I have *never* seen cloggers that spot-on.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Props to Arcadian for telling it like it is. Nick's follow up was obviously a cover up. The Fab Five are good, but I don't think they'd work for Vegas. I was shocked that Acrodunk didn't make it - I'd pay to see them in Vegas. Ditto the magician and Gramma Lee (I think she's hysterical)

Gotta admit that right now my faves (other than Gramma Lee) are Skinner and Drew Stevyns - because I tear up every time they sing.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread