+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: America's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3679234;
    Last night's show was ok, but last weeks was packed w/more talent. Some of the talent was good, but most was so-so for me.
    I agree. I haven't been watching the previous shows regularly and was somewhat looking forward to seeing some good acts last night. I put most of them on mute after about 30 seconds. IMO, this final 10 group was not as high calibre as the previous years' final 10 acts.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I thought last night was the best week so far. Last week had a lot of good talent and acts, however I thought the results left a little to be desired. The one girl singer compared to Amy Winehouse never should have been eliminated, but hopefully this show has opened doors for her. I did enjoy the piano player who had the technical problems. I'm glad he was able to make it through, and despite what the judges said I thought he was very entertaining. I liked his style of going from classical to Elton.

As for this week, I thought the only one who shouldn't have made it through tonight was Drew Stevens, the singer, and that the Bollywood dancers should have gone through. But not entirely surprised, and think for a change all the right ones made it through. I'm glad the judges chose to keep the kid dancers over the singer. There are far better singers in the competition, but for their age those kids are quite talented. I think this season is better than last. But dang, does it take forever Next week will be hard, because there's only 3 acts I don't like out of the 10. I don't know how I'll choose. Looking forward to Kevin Skinner, Acro-Dunk, the Fab Five, the acrobatic husband/wife duo, and the Texas Tenors especially!

I kind of wish those Lollipop Girls, who I think were overrated by the judges (why am I surprised), were up for their vote against a more talented act in the end, to see if they went with talent over the sex appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3680102;
    I thought last night was the best week so far. Last week had a lot of good talent and acts, however I thought the results left a little to be desired. The one girl singer compared to Amy Winehouse never should have been eliminated, but hopefully this show has opened doors for her. I did enjoy the piano player who had the technical problems. I'm glad he was able to make it through, and despite what the judges said I thought he was very entertaining. I liked his style of going from classical to Elton.

As for this week, I thought the only one who shouldn't have made it through tonight was Drew Stevens, the singer, and that the Bollywood dancers should have gone through. But not entirely surprised, and think for a change all the right ones made it through. I'm glad the judges chose to keep the kid dancers over the singer. There are far better singers in the competition, but for their age those kids are quite talented. I think this season is better than last. But dang, does it take forever Next week will be hard, because there's only 3 acts I don't like out of the 10. I don't know how I'll choose. Looking forward to Kevin Skinner, Acro-Dunk, the Fab Five, the acrobatic husband/wife duo, and the Texas Tenors especially!

I kind of wish those Lollipop Girls, who I think were overrated by the judges (why am I surprised), were up for their vote against a more talented act in the end, to see if they went with talent over the sex appeal.
    So You Think Can Dance did better Bollywood routines than the one they showed on here. I think the blond girl look out of place....

The Lollipop Girls are wanna be pussycat dolls...no real talent there just show some t&a and they will get through.

I am not that much into the kids act -- but I have to admit, the dancing kids were good...imagine them 10 years from now...I was impressed.

I like Skinner, recycled percussion (I think that's their name), the husband/wife fire act...now they are so freakin' awesome....I would like to see recycled percussion and the husband/wife fire act as the bottom two acts...now that's what vegas is about.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;3680114;
    So You Think Can Dance did better Bollywood routines than the one they showed on here. I think the blond girl look out of place....
    Agree 100% with this statement.

The Lollipop Girls are wanna be pussycat dolls...no real talent there just show some t&a and they will get through.

I am not that much into the kids act -- but I have to admit, the dancing kids were good...imagine them 10 years from now...I was impressed.

I like Skinner, recycled percussion (I think that's their name), the husband/wife fire act...now they are so freakin' awesome....I would like to see recycled percussion and the husband/wife fire act as the bottom two acts...now that's what vegas is about.
    I too am tired of the "kid" acts..although must agree that the two dancers are adorable, but holding a show in Vegas? they don't take up enough space on the stage to do a Vegas act...as for the the pics last night that made it through..I think the 3 sisters who sang..STUNK royally and am still surprised they made it through...they can sing..but need to give up bopping around the stage...no way would I pay to see them in Vegas...

FORT Fanatic

I was just watching him on Youtube and I'm STILL steamed that Marcus Terrell was eliminated!

I always have a problem with dancers and classical musicians on this show, because there are any number of real pros out there are just so much better. It's like the kid ballroom dancers: yes, they are very, very good for their age, but compare them to the adults on DWTS. There's just no way they could sustain a Las Vegas act. The Lollipop Girls are just less hot Pussycat Dolls. Jeffery Oh--he seems like a nice kid, but who would pay to listen to him? What is he going to do to sustain a half hour, much less an hour? The opera singer: beautiful lady, lovely voice. If she can act, she should be looking at Les Mis, Phantom of the Opera, stuff like that. I very much doubt that she has the chops for the Met.

I'm looking forward to hearing Kevin Skinner again. (BTW, I agree that Bree isn't the best, but I thought she was better than some of the acts who got through that night.)

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

I agree, boxhill. I think a lot of the "talent" on AGT is nothing exceptional but captures the audience's favor because the contestants are either very young or very old or just "don't look like" entertainment stars. I've seen quite a few contestants advance to the final 6 or so when I don't think they'd make the first callback at a Broadway or Met audition or be given serious consideration by a record label.

I also find AGT very hard to watch because the camera keeps shifting away from the acts all the time. WAY too many cutaways to the judges or the clowns (e.g., Jerry Springer) standing behind the curtains. You don't really get to see much of the act itself, and I don't find those cutaway shots very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3686952;
    I also find AGT very hard to watch because the camera keeps shifting away from the acts all the time. WAY too many cutaways to the judges or the clowns (e.g., Jerry Springer) standing behind the curtains. You don't really get to see much of the act itself, and I don't find those cutaway shots very entertaining.
    To be fair, they've stopped doing that this year. The "new guy", Nick Cannon, steps off stage, the camera stays on the act, and we don't hear from him again until the act is over.

That said, there's still plenty wrong with this show.

For example, this week's semifinal seems very unbalanced from next week's. The list of talent in THIS episode is far weaker. Like... two or three excellent acts out of ten this week, whereas next week is about six or seven out of ten.

Also, David Hasselhoff is quite possibly one of the lamest and most annoying people on the planet. In addition to how lame he is, if we made a separate thread for all of the malapropisms out of his mouth on this show, for example, it'd be several dozen pages by now.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-01-2009 at 10:13 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3687005;
    Also, David Hasselhoff is quite possibly one of the lamest and most annoying people on the planet. In addition to how lame he is, if we made a separate thread for all of the malapropisms out of his mouth on this show, for example, it'd be several dozen pages by now.
    Dude, don't Hassel the Hoff.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3687005;
    I love smart people. Seriously!

The Hoff is inane, but he's had a very long, varied, and successful career. I think he is a good judge of what will work and what won't.

And, on that note, Merriam-Webster, here I come!

Heh.

That kid obviously doesn't understand what a non-disclosure agreement is. We all know he signed one stating that he wouldn't talk about producer interference!

I wonder what the penalty is. A kid like him doesn't have any money to take away.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread