+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "The Superstars" (ABC)

Re: "The Superstars" (ABC)

My husband told me that it was all over the sports blogs and various sports online sites that the reason TO quit was because the Bills pitched a fit about him doing this show. They said he had to be there for the mini-camp and pretty much forced him to quit. He shouldn't have double committed himself like that.

I just fell in love with Maks a bit more in this episode. Watching him teaching Brandi a few dance moves made me wonder if that was some sort of foreshadowing? I think it might be fun to see him dancing with one of the females from this show, not Joanna though!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3599252;
    The thing that kept cracking me up about Joanna was how they kept calling her a supermodel. Granted she is very pretty, however, she's never done anything other than men's magazines and a couple of catwalks that were the swimsuit lines for some very questionable designers. There are some gorgeous photos out there of her, if you are into that sort of low fashion look.

Anyways onto the remaining contestants all of whom I really like!

Kristi/Maks and Julio/Brande were my favorites. I just loved Julio. First time I saw him on this show I thought he was Enrique because all I caught was the last name and I was shocked! I wondered if Enrique had gotten a face transplant or something because he looked that much better. Then I realized that this was the cuter son with the much better personality.

I don't think I want David/Lisa to win, not because I don't like them. I do! But just because they haven't been dominating and I would prefer a team that has been killing it from week 1 to win.

Just wanted to say that I am also very sad this show is ending, I've really enjoyed it. It's refreshing to see a show that is truly all about skill and not some manufactured drama with your standard reality tv show personalities cast.
    Most people who fall into the supermodel category nowadays I have no knowledge of. I'm more familiar with the old school models who used to be the one and only cover girls for cosmetic and hair products and graced the covers of all the fashion magazines. Joanna's pretty on the outside, but her attitude inside makes her ugly. She definitely fits the stereotype of being a Naomi Campbell diva type, but at least Naomi has the status to back her up.

If it were just David, I'd probably be okay with him winning. I think he's proven himself in the challenges and been held back by his partners. It makes me wonder how he would have fared if Jennifer was able to continue, or if Lisa's original partner hadn't also been injured. I doubt we would have said good bye to Brandi/Julio. Brandi hasn't been the strongest competitor, however I thought she's done very well compared to Lisa and Paige, and was surprised she struggled so in the obstacle course. I really hope Kristi/Maks win, as I think they're the most deserving. Second would be Bode/Paige, who I think are going to pull it off (thanks to Bode) but I'm not as impressed with them as I was early on. I did find it funny when their strategy last week about throwing the relay race totally blew up in their face when the next challenge they had saved their energy for was bowling I've never thought Enrique was that good looking, and aside from "Baliamos" I've never been a big fan of any of his other songs. Hopefully we see more of Julio after this.

I agree with you about the show. I wasn't too sure what to think, and if anything figured it'd be boring. Seeing who was cast, I figured it'd be a T.O. ego fest or that they'd focus on trash talking and dirty tricks and behind the scenes footage and drama. I'm glad they've solely focused on the challenges and nothing else, and I've found those to be entertaining and challenging. I know it's not like the original superstars, but I've enjoyed it. I hope it returns for another season, and hope they keep it just like this.

Totally agree with you here. I can't see David and Lisa placing anywhere but third place. I do wonder if David injured his wrist so badly that Brandy and Julio will be called back to replace the Orange Team.
    I wondered that as well. David seems like the type that could be in a full body cast and probably wouldn't say die, but obviously it's not totally his call. He and Lisa have had some rough breaks, so I'll be sad if he has to go out due to an injury after making the finals, but certainly won't object to Brandi/Julio coming back.

I just fell in love with Maks a bit more in this episode. Watching him teaching Brandi a few dance moves made me wonder if that was some sort of foreshadowing? I think it might be fun to see him dancing with one of the females from this show, not Joanna though!
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing Joanna, so as long as she got paired up with Derek or Mark. They have yet to have a partner really challenge them, though Joanna would get an easy ride with those two. I want someone to make her suffer I think this cast would be great on DWTS. I don't know who they'd find to pair Lisa Leslie with, but I would love to see Kristi come on into Mak's element and partner with him. Ali Landry used to be married to Mario Lopez until he cheated on her, so she and Karina would have that in common. Bode Miller I think would be fun to watch. David Charvet has been on my wish list, even if he turned it down before. I won't object to seeing more of Julio. That was a cute moment last night. I think since the pressure is off Maks and while it's a competition, he's the one trying to please his partner, we're seeing another side to him. I'd wager this is more what Maks is like out of the ballroom.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3601056;
    My husband told me that it was all over the sports blogs and various sports online sites that the reason TO quit was because the Bills pitched a fit about him doing this show. They said he had to be there for the mini-camp and pretty much forced him to quit. He shouldn't have double committed himself like that.

I've always enjoyed watching Maks dance--great eye candy IMO.
    But now I am super impressed by how he handles attempting new things. I am facing some new challenges (of the good kind) and I am learning a lot about how to approach them just from listening to --and watching--how Maks goes about doing that.

I am getting way more from a summer replacement show than I ever thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3602608;
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing Joanna, so as long as she got paired up with Derek or Mark. They have yet to have a partner really challenge them, though Joanna would get an easy ride with those two. I want someone to make her suffer I think this cast would be great on DWTS. I don't know who they'd find to pair Lisa Leslie with, but I would love to see Kristi come on into Mak's element and partner with him. Ali Landry used to be married to Mario Lopez until he cheated on her, so she and Karina would have that in common. Bode Miller I think would be fun to watch. David Charvet has been on my wish list, even if he turned it down before. I won't object to seeing more of Julio. That was a cute moment last night. I think since the pressure is off Maks and while it's a competition, he's the one trying to please his partner, we're seeing another side to him. I'd wager this is more what Maks is like out of the ballroom.
    Now you got me all excited thinking about who could get paired with who. What about that really tall guy that was in the next seasons dancers competition? Real slender, real tall, I can't remember his name. He was competing to be one of the pros on this coming season. He might be tall enough for Lisa. But won't she be in her season though? So she wouldn't be able to participate because she's not retired yet.

Ali Landry on the same who with Karina would be awesome! I would want to hear and see all the comments made about Mario.

Little Julio could be paired with itty bitty Julianne Hough....they even have similar names (she could go by Julia all season). Although he'd probably be called a ringer and help her get yet another mirrored ball.

I'd love to see more of Maks personality next season. I had an awwww moment when he said climbing that wall was for his mom and then he gave that really cute face at the end of it. Then the bit as the credits rolled where he finished with "But I can dance!" had me laughing yet again. He was very entertaining.

I think Maks or Alec would be perfect for Joanna because they could make her cry and be just as mean back but I don't want to stick them with yet another "star" that will get them booted the first week or close to that.

Next week's finale will be at least 90 minutes long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3602852;
    Now you got me all excited thinking about who could get paired with who. What about that really tall guy that was in the next seasons dancers competition? Real slender, real tall, I can't remember his name. He was competing to be one of the pros on this coming season. He might be tall enough for Lisa. But won't she be in her season though? So she wouldn't be able to participate because she's not retired yet.

Ali Landry on the same who with Karina would be awesome! I would want to hear and see all the comments made about Mario.

Little Julio could be paired with itty bitty Julianne Hough....they even have similar names (she could go by Julia all season). Although he'd probably be called a ringer and help her get yet another mirrored ball.

I'd love to see more of Maks personality next season. I had an awwww moment when he said climbing that wall was for his mom and then he gave that really cute face at the end of it. Then the bit as the credits rolled where he finished with "But I can dance!" had me laughing yet again. He was very entertaining.

I think Maks or Alec would be perfect for Joanna because they could make her cry and be just as mean back but I don't want to stick them with yet another "star" that will get them booted the first week or close to that.
    I was thinking a couple of weeks ago how fun this cast would be to watch on DWTS. Best thing is, minus Miss Cranky Sour Puss, I love everyone else. And T.O. wouldn't be able to do it, and she wouldn't last long, so it'd be win/win both ways. I don't really follow pro basketball (mens or womens) so I didn't know if Lisa or Robert had retired. That other pro that almost won the contest, his name was Mayo (I had to go look it up). I think they could find one of their current female pros to pair up with Robert easy enough. Edyta was paired with Jason who was 6'6" and the new girl, Anna, is over 6 foot. I know EXTRA, like the other entertainment shows, covers DWTS, so imagine Mario having to discuss his two former flames that he wronged. Ali at least has more to her credit than just being a former beauty queen/reality star. She seems like a good Tony or Alec type. Bode could be paired with Lacey, since both seem a little edgy. Kristi/Maks are already a perfect pair.

What about Julio and Chelsie? I think that'd be a fun pair. But the whole "Julia" is cute (previously she was Apolanne and Helioanne-spelling is wrong but you get the idea ) Julio and Chelsie could be Julie. I had read Maks was terrified of heights. In one of the interviews after they got engaged, Karina said the suite he proposed in at the hotel was like, on the 60th floor, and she said he had to be on something to even think of getting on that floor. He looked terrified but he's competitive and I didn't think he'd let Kristi down. I loved how she kept swinging and slapping him on his behind. I wonder if that gives him flashbacks to Mel B. Maks has the nickname "the bad boy of the ballroom" and I don't think he minds that label, though he seemed pretty sensitive when people came down on him for being hard on Misty or Denise crying (sorry, I can't stand her, and I thought it was pretty funny ) I felt sorry that Maks had to be partnerned with her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bode

And I'm disappointed that Lisa doesn't have the overall athletic skills that I would have thought she would have had.

I like everybody else.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

When is the Finale?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3621378;
    When is the Finale?
    It was supposed to be tonight, and even advertised as airing at 8-9:30, but they re-aired The Bachelorette finale again I don't know if it plans on airing next week as usual or if they plan on airing it tomorrow. I was so looking forward to tonight

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3622142;
    It was supposed to be tonight, and even advertised as airing at 8-9:30, but they re-aired The Bachelorette finale again I don't know if it plans on airing next week as usual or if they plan on airing it tomorrow. I was so looking forward to tonight
    So was I. The last thing I needed was a re-airing of The Bachelorette. I just went to ABC's website; it's now showing that The Superstars finale will air on August 4.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread