+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "The Superstars" (ABC)

FORT Fanatic

Re: "The Superstars" (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3572602;
    T.O. withdrew from the competition to go back to the Bills and his VH-1 reality show. Joanna is pissed, and this time I can't blame her Jeff/Ali are back But I doubt it'll be for long, though I'm glad T.O. and Joanna are gone. I think T.O. was a bad casting choice to begin with if he had other commitments, and Joanna feels she got the T.O. treatment.

Relay race on the golf course first. Each team starts at the same time, running in opposite directions. They pass a baton when they meet up, then continue on. Lisa's long legs are coming in handy for this contest.
    My guess is that the show knew all along that TO would be leaving (training camp starts in 3 weeks), but they wanted to withhold that information for drama. How lame. I didn't like TO before and now I really don't like him. I'm not a Patriots fan, but I hope they kick the Bills butts when they meet up twice a year this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3573144;
    My guess is that the show knew all along that TO would be leaving (training camp starts in 3 weeks), but they wanted to withhold that information for drama. How lame. I didn't like TO before and now I really don't like him. I'm not a Patriots fan, but I hope they kick the Bills butts when they meet up twice a year this coming season.
    I'm a Jets fan and I hope THEY do it twice.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm a Giants fan but living close to Buffalo I can't help but feel sorry for the Bills fans. I've yet to meet one who's happy about T.O. joining the team. I'm not Patriots fan, either (I'd like to run them over with a bus ) so in that case I'll probably just hope both teams knock each other out and it's called a draw.

At any rate, I'm just glad T.O. and his partner are gone. I feel a wee bit sorry that she was forced to withdraw, especially since two others went out due to injuries. And it would have been much better seeing them lose in the obstacle course again

I can't help but wonder if the fact that he wasn't doing as well as he assumed he would do on this show had anything to do with it? I would image that his over sized ego was taking quiet the beating and he jumped at the first excuse to withdraw.

On the other side, if the producers and TO knew ahead of time that he'd be leaving and then may be informed his partner once the season started, that would explain her really poor attitude. I'd be mad too if they waited till the taping started to tell me that I had no chance in heck of winning because my partner would be withdrawing shortly and I couldn't say anything about it.

Either way, glad they are both gone. They were ruining the show for me.

That entire TO leaving was lame. He triple booked his time. Doesn't fulfill his comitments. Lets his teammate down. Speaks volume of his character.:nono
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I just love this show. Am SO GLAD T.O. and his evil partner are out of the game. I'm not a fan of T.O. per se but I had to agree with him when he said that he felt bad for her boyfriend--can you imagine that harpie coming after you for not putting the dishes away-LOL! But then I had to agree with Joanna when T.O. backed out. The only way I could think it was acceptable for him to do so was if he'd made plans to return to the Bills when he'd first gotten eliminated and tried to stay when they were allowed back in, but ultimately couldn't. I'm going to try to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Bode scared the heck out of me this episode with his 'strategy'. Love, love, love him but, dude, don't do that again! He really killed the obstacle course last week when they did it. I'm afraid Paige is going to hold him back next week. He's my choice to win the competition so it'd be a shocker if he leaves next week. The only other 'shocker' would be Kristi & Maksim leaving. They've consistently been such a strong team.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm really disappointed this show is going to be done next week More than anything, I'm going to miss seeing Maks every week. I've been missing him the last 3 seasons on DWTS, so I really hope he gets a good partner, goes to the end, and wins (or at the very least lasts very long).

I'm so excited Kristi/Maks are in the finals. I think it's unfair that anyone has to go up against David/Lisa in the obstacle course. They're pros at that considering it's their 5th time David is really strong enough to be considered an athlete. I don't really agree with those 2 being in the finals over Brandi/Julio, as I think they deserved to stay because they've been a much stronger team. I'll miss them. BTW, I've never known much about Julio but I do think he's the better looking Igelisias brother However, considering the hardships they've had I am happy they've been able to make it. I'll say it again, thank god T.O. and his big mouth partner are out.

I don't think David/Lisa stand a chance against Kristi/Maks and Bode/Paige. Kristi is definitely the strongest female left, and I think Maks and Bode can compete with David and that those two teams will dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3597242;
    I'm really disappointed this show is going to be done next week More than anything, I'm going to miss seeing Maks every week. I've been missing him the last 3 seasons on DWTS, so I really hope he gets a good partner, goes to the end, and wins (or at the very least lasts very long).

I'm so excited Kristi/Maks are in the finals. I think it's unfair that anyone has to go up against David/Lisa in the obstacle course. They're pros at that considering it's their 5th time David is really strong enough to be considered an athlete. I don't really agree with those 2 being in the finals over Brandi/Julio, as I think they deserved to stay because they've been a much stronger team. I'll miss them. BTW, I've never known much about Julio but I do think he's the better looking Igelisias brother However, considering the hardships they've had I am happy they've been able to make it. I'll say it again, thank god T.O. and his big mouth partner are out.

I don't think David/Lisa stand a chance against Kristi/Maks and Bode/Paige. Kristi is definitely the strongest female left, and I think Maks and Bode can compete with David and that those two teams will dominate.
    Totally agree with you here. I can't see David and Lisa placing anywhere but third place. I do wonder if David injured his wrist so badly that Brandy and Julio will be called back to replace the Orange Team.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The thing that kept cracking me up about Joanna was how they kept calling her a supermodel. Granted she is very pretty, however, she's never done anything other than men's magazines and a couple of catwalks that were the swimsuit lines for some very questionable designers. There are some gorgeous photos out there of her, if you are into that sort of low fashion look.

Anyways onto the remaining contestants all of whom I really like!

Kristi/Maks and Julio/Brande were my favorites. I just loved Julio. First time I saw him on this show I thought he was Enrique because all I caught was the last name and I was shocked! I wondered if Enrique had gotten a face transplant or something because he looked that much better. Then I realized that this was the cuter son with the much better personality.

I don't think I want David/Lisa to win, not because I don't like them. I do! But just because they haven't been dominating and I would prefer a team that has been killing it from week 1 to win.

Just wanted to say that I am also very sad this show is ending, I've really enjoyed it. It's refreshing to see a show that is truly all about skill and not some manufactured drama with your standard reality tv show personalities cast.

I was sorry to see Julio and Brandi go. I've always like her and his all around atheletic ability and great attitutde has impressed me since the beginning.

My sons, who are around the same age and grew up in South Florida, were not suprrised by his performance. They both remembered the Iglesias boys as being not star athetes, but good ones in high school athletics.

Maks has also impressed me favorably in this competition. I'm not surprised that he can compete since dancers must be in great physical shape, but he's working hard to do well in things that are new to him and he's shown a good attitude that's not always visible in DWTS. I liked that he wasn't hesitant about revealing his acrophobia and that his will to succeed helped him to overcome it. I think I'll now be rooting for Maks and Kristi to win.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread