+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "The Superstars" (ABC)

Re: "The Superstars" (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3552473;
    I pretty much like all the pairs on this show, too, except for Terrell and Julia. As soon as Julio began that swim, I realized that he probably did some competitive swimming, maybe in high school, because he has the stroke of a trained racer. No matter how fast you are, you can't make up that kind of ground without knowing the correct arm movement and kick.

I think Lisa Leslie was very nervous during the bastketball event and that's why she missed so much. She probably thought she'd look bad if she didn't shoot from further away since this was her sport and then lost her touch. I felt bad for her.

It is a fun show to watch.
    What I do appreciate about her is that she has a wonderful sense of humour about her not so stellar performance.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After watching and catching up, I don't see where T.O. should be catching the kind of negative heat that he is catching. If anything, his partner is the one who really deserves the negativity, and he has tolerated her without telling her to stand there, look pretty, and STFU, in a most condescending tone! I admire him for his self-control. The man has very high standards for himself, and I don't think anyone has stronger expectations for themselves than he does. I respect his self-imposed work ethic. I think he pushes himself harder than anyone else in the league...which isn't bad for an "old man". I haven't heard him talk any smack.

And it was said about Lisa Leslie (by one of her competitiors, I do believe) that she was showing that she was human when she kept missing the 4 point basketball goals. I was embarrassed for her, since this is how she makes her living, and has the medals to prove it. Oh well...stuff happens....

Mr. Iglesias is most impressive and surprising! He and his partner are amazing. They are more organized and communicative than he other teams.

Max's athletic abilities are impressive, but he says he's been an athlete all his life....not only a dancer. He's not a sissy AND I LOVE IT!!! Good for him for being well-rounded!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3561286;
    After watching and catching up, I don't see where T.O. should be catching the kind of negative heat that he is catching. If anything, his partner is the one who really deserves the negativity, and he has tolerated her without telling her to stand there, look pretty, and STFU, in a most condescending tone! I admire him for his self-control. The man has very high standards for himself, and I don't think anyone has stronger expectations for themselves than he does. I respect his self-imposed work ethic. I think he pushes himself harder than anyone else in the league...which isn't bad for an "old man". I haven't heard him talk any smack.

And it was said about Lisa Leslie (by one of her competitiors, I do believe) that she was showing that she was human when she kept missing the 4 point basketball goals. I was embarrassed for her, since this is how she makes her living, and has the medals to prove it. Oh well...stuff happens....

Mr. Iglesias is most impressive and surprising! He and his partner are amazing. They are more organized and communicative than he other teams.

Max's athletic abilities are impressive, but he says he's been an athlete all his life....not only a dancer. He's not a sissy AND I LOVE IT!!! Good for him for being well-rounded!!
    I think in TO's case he reputation has proceeded him and he is reaping the consequences of that from the posters and his partner. I didn't even know who he was until the show started and I asked a couple of people who are into sports about him and no one I talked to had anything nice to say about him. Basically, he is a gifted athlete but his personality and the way he treats his fellow players totally suck. He also showed some of that by refusing to talk to the commentators after the kayak run in episode one.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think there was anything wrong with him not wanting to talk after his disasterous performance. He doesn't accept those kinds of performances from himself. I would be willing to guess that he was having a serious one-on-one conversation with himself. Sometimes, people just need to be left alone, and given a few private minutes. Even the Dallas coaches have said that the man has "swagger" and the man has earned his "swagger"; his abilities have been acknowledged. I've done some reading, and this man didn't even show up at the early football practices because he was doing his own training thing. And when he did show up, he was in much better condition than most of his teammates.

I guess I just get annoyed when I hear people repeat what they've heard other people say, without really knowing the full deal. Most people have already bowed out of professional football by the time they are his age (35), and the league expects them to; teams negotiate deep contracts fully expecting the athletes not to make it that far...knowing that they don't have to pay out. How many people have laid in their own hyperbaric chamber to treat their injuries that they teams are responsible for treating? This guy has been deadly serious about what he is doing. I get it. I just wish I had quarter of the ability and dedication that this man has shown and proven.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I respect your opinion, prohoshay, but I do follow football and I respectfully disagree. I have seen T.O. bad mouth every quarterback and most coaches he has played with and has caused dissenion in every locker room. Yes, he is very talented, but he's dropped his fair share of balls and he gives the impression that he thinks he can play the game alone. He would earn a lot more respect if he simply learned to keep his mouth shut.

I anticipate the same thing will happen in Buffalo. He will play a good first year and appear to be content, but if he stays a second year and doesn't get the touches he thinks he should have, we'll see the same behavior.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just saw a promo for next week that mentions another team/contestant leaving (not sure if it counts as a spoiler since there was an actual promo that mentions who it was, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway):

Click to see Spoiler:
    The promo shows a clip of T.O. saying he can't compete, following the announcer saying something along the lines of 'T.O. has to go but what's more shocking is why'. I hope that means he and Joanna are out, and that they don't bring Jeff back and pair him with her. He definitely deserves better than her. But does this mean they'll bring back the last eliminated team? I'd love to see Jeff/Ali return

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3561674;
    I respect your opinion, prohoshay, but I do follow football and I respectfully disagree. I have seen T.O. bad mouth every quarterback and most coaches he has played with and has caused dissenion in every locker room. Yes, he is very talented, but he's dropped his fair share of balls and he gives the impression that he thinks he can play the game alone. He would earn a lot more respect if he simply learned to keep his mouth shut.

I anticipate the same thing will happen in Buffalo. He will play a good first year and appear to be content, but if he stays a second year and doesn't get the touches he thinks he should have, we'll see the same behavior.
    IMO TO is a cancer to football and has burned his bridges everywhere he went...San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas and soon it will be Buffalo. He's a ME player, not a TEAM player. I am a HUGE football fan and will feel bad the first time he goes off on Trent Edwards and Dick Jauron. It will happen...it's only a matter of when.

yeah Dallas practically laid down and begged TO to be happy but all he could do was whine about how the offense wasn't centered enough around him. We'll get to see his true colors before this series is over.

T.O. withdrew from the competition to go back to the Bills and his VH-1 reality show. Joanna is pissed, and this time I can't blame her Jeff/Ali are back But I doubt it'll be for long, though I'm glad T.O. and Joanna are gone. I think T.O. was a bad casting choice to begin with if he had other commitments, and Joanna feels she got the T.O. treatment.

Relay race on the golf course first. Each team starts at the same time, running in opposite directions. They pass a baton when they meet up, then continue on. Lisa's long legs are coming in handy for this contest.

Jeff/Ali went home (again) Lisa/David also made a return to the obstacle course, though from the opening credits I knew they weren't going anywhere. They showed them performing in challenges they hadn't done yet, which happen to be next week's challenges. Maks has a real problem with heights, so I wonder how he'll handle scaling the wall.

The announcer hypes it up as "you won't believe who's going home". So either Lisa/David finally get put of their misery and get sent packing after all their near misses with elimination, or it's a shocker. Obviously the other teams left (Bode/Paige, Kristi/Maks, and Brandi/Julio) would be surprising to see go, as they've consistently done well.

+ Reply to Thread