+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "The Superstars" (ABC)

Re: "The Superstars" (ABC)

Yeah anyone who can make me feel sorry for TO is a truly heinous person,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

T.O.'s body................
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3536964;
    T.O.'s body................
    Yeah TO's body is on point. Too bad his brain didn't get the message,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

It'll be interesting to see the bowling tonight (saw promo on ABC). It's a competition where being physical doesn't do anything. and it's on the water!

FORT Fanatic

I missed last weeks show so now I'm really confused. Who's in and who's out? I appreciate the run down. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3547017;
    I missed last weeks show so now I'm really confused. Who's in and who's out? I appreciate the run down. Thank you.
    The Blue Team was eliminated the first week. But Jennifer Capriali (sp?) aggravated an old injury during the first week's competition so she had to withdraw. She was on the Burgundy Team. So according to the rules they brought the Blue Team back for week 2. During the Sand Dash, Dan the celebrity partner of the Orange Team, pulled his hamstring. So, the producers brought back Dave, Jennifer's partner (Burgundy Team) back to compete with Lisa Leslie of the Orange Team.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I accidentally saw part of it last week andsenjoyed it so much that I watched it on purpose this week.

As someone who is right now training for a very difficult (for me) athletic event I find seeing how different people handle challenges and problems to be very interesting and in some cases inspiring.

I can't believe how much this show speaks to me right now....

(and ditto on the hot male bods)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm loving this show, and hope it comes back. I missed the previous Superstar shows (whatever they were called) and am disappointed about that since I'm enjoying this version so much.

Kristi/Maks had their fall from grace, and I was so hoping T.O. and Joanna would get sent home when they went to the obstacle course again. They're the only ones I don't like, but at least this time Joanna could only blame herself for winding up there. I'll miss Jeff/Ali but I think it was only a matter of time. I'm surprised Bode/Paige haven't been doing as well. Though he killed the obstacle course tonight. I'm impressed with Julio and how much ground he made up during the first event. I guess that was smart thinking having Brandi go first.

It's interesting, too, that something as simple as a basketball shootout could prove difficult for the teams. I like whatever announcer said it about Kristi/Maks, that said it proved they're human. I probably wouldn't have done any better I really can't wait for DWTS to start back up so I can get an extra dose of Maks

What I like about the shows it that even if you are a Superstar in your field you can still suck at other sports. Who I find amazing are Maks and Julio as they seem to be really all around athletes. Also Kristi and Brandi seem to be doing well. I must admit Bode really killed the obstacle course with all the plyometrics he did. That was amazing. What was really telling was that top rated athletes still need to train all the time, else their performances suffer. Jennifer and Estella are prime examples. I don't think they were in top shape for this event.

I am glad I found this show. It is a pleasant summer fillin and they are not trying to drag it out too long which I truly appreciate. The editing feels very streamlined and clean and it moves along.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I pretty much like all the pairs on this show, too, except for Terrell and Julia. As soon as Julio began that swim, I realized that he probably did some competitive swimming, maybe in high school, because he has the stroke of a trained racer. No matter how fast you are, you can't make up that kind of ground without knowing the correct arm movement and kick.

I think Lisa Leslie was very nervous during the bastketball event and that's why she missed so much. She probably thought she'd look bad if she didn't shoot from further away since this was her sport and then lost her touch. I felt bad for her.

It is a fun show to watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread