+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "The Superstars" (ABC)

FORT Fanatic

Re: "The Superstars" (ABC)

I watched this last night. I really liked it. It reminded me somewhat of the 70's show, Battle of the Network Stars. I was glad to see TO get eliminated first. He's so cocky. It was good to see him get knocked down a peg or two.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3521585;
    Joanna was so miserable, and I laughed at whoever said they felt sorry for her boyfriend She's a pretty girl, but doesn't have much inner beauty going on.
    I caught the last part of the show and I too laughed my behind off at TO and the supermodel with the the bad attitude. The tandem kayak event was a hoot! Now I wish I'd seen the first half of the show.

It was fun to see how some of the "celebrities" outperformed some of the athletes. It just goes to show you how specialized some of these guys are. I too remember the old Superstars show from the 1970s. It was the same story back then. Some of the athletes were so focussed on their sport that they couldn't perform well outside of their sweet spot.

I'd never heard of Joanna before. Not that I'd be likely too as I don't read all the fashion rags that she's probably on the cover of. I'll be sure to tune in next week, although it won't be as much fun without those two squabbling. She really is a piece of work. I don't care what she looks like, I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole.

I'm not sure I'd label Joanna Krupa as a super anything much less a supermodel. She's a Maxim and other men's mags type of model along the lines of Ali (who is much prettier IMO). Neither of these girls are on the level of Estella who started out as a synchronized swimmer and even went to the Olympics for Canada before she moved onto modeling where she had many campaigns including Victoria's Secret.

Back to Joanna, she flat out disgusted me. Bah, glad she's gone.

Maks was awesome, forgot to mention that. I had no idea he was such a beast lol. I really enjoyed how he and some of the other celebrities were better athletes than the athletes themselves.

Oh and I believe it was T.O. who said he felt sorry for Joanna's boyfriend (who happens to be Jensen Ackles ..... lucky girl lol).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3522219;
    I'm not sure I'd label Joanna Krupa as a super anything much less a supermodel. She's a Maxim and other men's mags type of model along the lines of Ali (who is much prettier IMO). Neither of these girls are on the level of Estella who started out as a synchronized swimmer and even went to the Olympics for Canada before she moved onto modeling where she had many campaigns including Victoria's Secret.

Back to Joanna, she flat out disgusted me. Bah, glad she's gone.

Maks was awesome, forgot to mention that. I had no idea he was such a beast lol. I really enjoyed how he and some of the other celebrities were better athletes than the athletes themselves.

Oh and I believe it was T.O. who said he felt sorry for Joanna's boyfriend [B(who happens to be Jensen Ackles ..... lucky girl lol).
    Seriously?! Jensen can do so much better. Maybe last night was the glimpse into his future with Joanna that he needed I do agree that it probably had to crush T.O. a lot to go out first. Funny thing is, some of the athletes did worse than him, I think he just had bad luck. But maybe he saw the glimpse of what the next few weeks with his partner would be like and decided to throw the competition. I can't say I'd blame him. Ali is a model, but she's done some other things. She's a beauty queen, and has done commercial and TV work. At any rate, she seems to be much more pleasant and enjoying herself more even though she and her partner didn't do so hot last night. Joanna can partly blame herself for their loss and winding up at the obstacle course to begin with.

And one little point that really means nothing but I just thought was funny, Ali was once married to Mario Lopez who cheated on her prior to their wedding and when she found out got divorced; then Mario dated Maks's current fiancee Karina Smirnoff and also cheated on her. I heard Karina was in the Bahamas visiting Maks, so I wonder if she and Ali dished any Mario dirt to each other.

And I kind of liked Mr. Brooke Burke (grins....David). Jennifer surprised me with how out of shape she's gotten and I surprised myself by actually knowing who a majority of these athletes and celebs are.
    I was shocked how much better David performed than Jennifer. She blew huge leads that they had in two of the events. I felt bad she overlooked their bike in the first event and had to run that whole course, putting them in last.

Breaking News - They're BACK:

It isn't over for Buffalo Bills star Terrell Owens and supermodel Joanna Krupa on ABC's "The Superstars" after all.

The network confirmed this afternoon that Owens and Krupa who were eliminated in Tuesday night's premiere will be returning to the show because an injury forced another team to withdraw.

An ABC publicist said the network confirmed their return because it had been airing a promo that showed Owens playing basketball in a future event.

"T.O. and Joanna come back and fireworks between them continue," said the ABC publicist.

On Tuesday's premiere, Owens was on the receiving end of several expletive-laced verbal shots from Krupa. Their return to the reality show shouldn't come as a total surprise.

In a Buffalo News interview last week, Krupa said she and Owens kicked butt and she was pleased with how they did in the competition. Obviously, being eliminated on the first show couldn't have been pleasing.

Good lord I hope they still make an early exit. Not so much for T.O. but I can't stand listening to that Joanna whine anymore, and I really (so far) enjoy all the other teams. I wonder who it is that had to withdrawl?

I hope that last line isn't telling that they either win or make it to the end. I wonder if Joanna will have a change of heart once T.O. does all the work and wins something? Honestly, this show is enjoyable enough without the drama of these two, and I'm sure at some point other teams will probably be butting heads as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3520428;
    and the Network version, when there were only 3. Who can ever forget when Gabe Kaplan of ABC beat Robert Conrad of NBC in the 100 yard dash challenge. That was Classic TV.
    I have to agree; the Gabe Kaplan/Robert Conrad race was unforgettable. I remember being so suprised by it that I looked him up and discovered that Gabe had been a star baseball player in high school, and I guess he kept himself fit though he didn't look it. And now, he's a professional poker player.

I cann't stand Terrell Owens and was pleased to see him out first, expecially after his true-to-form petulant behavior after losing the kayak race. But that model, whoever she is, that was his partner was made him look like the one with class. That is not an easy thing to do.

I did feel for Lisa Leslie on those cargo ropes. He legs are so long that it seemed like a foregoine conclusion she would get tangled up.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

TO and Joanna are definitely back for the next episode! YES! I wonder which team got injured...

Quote Originally Posted by ta636615;3522962;
    TO and Joanna are definitely back for the next episode! YES! I wonder which team got injured...
    I doubt it's Maks/Leslie and David/Jennifer, just from info Maks posted during his time on the show. I wish they had just kept TO and Joanna out, injury or not. As long as they don't win and hopefully are gone soon I'll be happy (though judging by Joanna's comments I'm not hopeful about that).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3522988;
    I doubt it's Maks/Leslie and David/Jennifer, just from info Maks posted during his time on the show. I wish they had just kept TO and Joanna out, injury or not. As long as they don't win and hopefully are gone soon I'll be happy (though judging by Joanna's comments I'm not hopeful about that).
    Isn't it Max and Kristi..Leskinen, the blonde, finnish-american freeskier? They are yummy.

+ Reply to Thread