+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "The Superstars" (ABC)

FORT Newbie

Re: "The Superstars" (ABC)

Yeah I don't think David and Lisa will be able to pull it off... I'm telling you its all about team purple!!!!! Maksim and Kristi are great, but I think once they get to the obstacle course for the first time they'll get wwaayyy behind.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ahhh yessss...open minds.....wherefore art thou?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mikeB193;3634649;
    Yeah I don't think David and Lisa will be able to pull it off... I'm telling you its all about team purple!!!!! Maksim and Kristi are great, but I think once they get to the obstacle course for the first time they'll get wwaayyy behind.
    See, I don't think that. I think they'll be able to pull it off. The only obstacle they might have is what everyone else has had, the cargo nets. Bode and Paige have only ran it once, right? Either way, it's like American Gladitors, so it hopefully won't give them too much trouble. I really like all 3 teams left so I won't have any problem with any of them winning (even if I do think Brandi/Julio should still be here ahead of Lisa/David), but I really want Kristi/Maks to win. Maks can't ever win on DWTS, so let him come in first on something

Here we go! Glad it wasn't pre-empted again for some stupid re-airing of another finale and that ABC actually advertised it being on, rather than advertise something else.

Go Maks/Kristi!

I forgot what a b%&@h Joanna was. I wonder if all the eliminated teams, minus T.O. and the fake model, will be back tonight. If Lisa hadn't had David, no way she would have made it. If they win, I give him most of the credit for their victory. Now I just wish Maks could talk some of these stars/athletes into doing DWTS.

So two teams are going to the obstacle course and whoever wins that wins the show. We saw Maks in the preview from the last episode, so we know he and Kristi make it. I don't know if I want them to go against the stronger Bode/Paige or the obstacle experienced David/Lisa Kayak race first where they have to race in a circle and overtake their competitors. This was just like a challenge in Survivor.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-04-2009 at 08:08 PM.

In a tug of war, Bode's strategy pays off and he and Paige win and advance to the finals. Kristi/Maks and Lisa/David go up in the rubber match, which is a triathlon. I'm worried this will drain their energy I think Bode/Paige are going to win this (dang it ) I think they can take Paige, I just don't know about Bode.

I never knew Warren Sapp did this before. I loved that line: "Warren was one of the strongest...just not always the fastest".

If that was a trick in the finale to make us think Maks/Kristi made it to the finals when they really didn't, I'll be more livid than last week. Kristi/Maks win it! They face Bode/Paige to determine the winner. They are exhausted, and I really hope this doesn't effect them at the obstacle course.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Obstacle course 2/3. Kristi had a big lead, but got caught in the net (what team hasn't this season? Lose the cargo net if this comes back next season) but she and Maks still narrowly won round 1. Onto to round 2, which I bet Bode/Paige win, and then it'll be down to the last and final round.

What a fun show this has been. I really hope ABC considers bringing it back. Even if it wasn't a huge ratings grabber, it'd still be a nice summer show. Who cares about ratings in the summer anyway? I've enjoyed it a lot. Just try to bring athletes that can stay committed and not have to drop out due to other commitments.

Kristi/Maks win!!! I will say both teams were the most deserving to be in the final 2. Congrats to Bode/Paige. Kristi/Maks got the fastest time for the obstacle course over any team, and had 8 first place finishes, and never went to the obstacle course.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-04-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Well, I was rooting for Maks and Kristi and am very happy that they won. That being said, WOW, Bode just blows through that obstacle course. I think if it was solely based on obstacle course performance Bode would have won hands down. I am simply amazed how the athletic skills that Bode and Kristi have translate into doing very well in other sports and activities. The other athletes, the football players, the baseball players and basketball players athletic abilities do not seem to be that helpful outside of their chosen sports.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3638502;
    Well, I was rooting for Maks and Kristi and am very happy that they won. That being said, WOW, Bode just blows through that obstacle course. I think if it was solely based on obstacle course performance Bode would have won hands down. I am simply amazed how the athletic skills that Bode and Kristi have translate into doing very well in other sports and activities. The other athletes, the football players, the baseball players and basketball players athletic abilities do not seem to be that helpful outside of their chosen sports.
    If you're basing it on the athletes alone, Bode and Kristi killed the competition, but between the two, Bode would win hands down (assuming no feet got caught in the cargo net-but these two seemed to manage better when that happened to them than the others). I do think it'd be close, though, because Kristi is every bit as amazing. It helped her that she had a partner as strong, fast, and capable as her. Paige wasn't quick enough, but still deserved a lot of credit, because she and Bode were one heck of a pair. You do have a good point, and I will say even Brandi managed to do pretty well, but it helped having Julio as a partner. Where she lacked he made up. And David was really the glue holding him and Lisa together. It's unfortuante that they got injured, but they deserve a lot of credit for making the final 3 after enduring their own obstacles throughout the show. I can understand not being strong in a challenge like swimming or archery but even some of the other tasks it seemed surprising that the other athletes didn't fare as well. Maybe because Bode and Kristi are extreme athletes?

Now just a few more week before I have Maks on my TV again! Hopefully this is an omen to him taking home the disco ball trophy.

YAY! Maks finally wins something! Which of course means he will be the first out on DWTS *sighs*.

I knew Bode would do very well on the obstacle course. He's a great strategical thinker and proved that by the way he studied the course before he ran it the first time. He didn't scale that wall, he reached up and pulled himself over it. He didn't jump the hurdles, he leaped from one to the next. He knew already in his head exactly how to tackle each obstacle because he studied them first.

FORT Fogey

Hooray for Maks and Kristi!

Last night was crazy with three reality shows all on at the same time.
    But I am sooo glad I chose Superstars to watch.

As an athlete myself I find Maks and Kristi to be very inspiring--they just did not quit--even when it was really tough--like Maks' fear of hieights.

The way he did that inspired me tremendously. I'll never forget his saying he was just going to do it--and do it the best he could--even while he had that look of fear on his face.

I am so glad I stumbled onto this show!

+ Reply to Thread