+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Raising Sextuplets

FORT Fanatic

Re: Raising Sextuplets

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4071792;
    Isn't there some other multiple show on? It seems like I've seen one but it's not these people. I think they have 5
    Yes, that's the Jones family. The parents seem very loving to each other and to their children. Last night they had to move into a smaller house to save money. The kids seemed to do nothing but cry; drove me a little nutty, and I was only watching it on TV. It was also about 103 degrees in Texas, I think. Obviously the kids knew something was happening even at that toddler stage.

They also have one older daughter. Dad's construction company took a huge nose dive in business. I wish them well.

They had some stuff they no longer need and bagged it and donated it to charity. Good for them.

it talks about them taking the parenting classes in AZ...did they leave FL
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

It's not at all surprisng to read the Maches have split up. Watching the show was like watching a train wreck about to happen, and yet hoping it would happen to dissolve this mismatched marriage. Bryan is the biggest child in the family--lazy and irresponsible as a husband and father, delusional as to his career abilities (who in their right mind would use him as their financial advisor?), nasty, rude, immature, abusive, condescending, and unappreciative of all Jenny did for the family. Much of his problem I see as the result of his own upbringing with a very cold hearted father. Bryan cries out for love, but has a personality that turns everyone away from him. He is the type of person who has difficulty keeping a job as an employee with a boss figure, thus his desire to be self-employed and be his own boss.

Jenny did everything she could to pacify and please Bryan, including moving the family half way across the country to an area with no support system for them. Bryan seemed not to be able to recognize that once he was self-employed as a financial advisor, it would take years to build a clientele to enable him to make enough money to support his family. He did not take into account that many people no longer have money to invest as they did a few years ago, not to mention relocating to a small town in Florida, a state well known to be undergoing severe economic distress. I suspect he himself may have been the victim of a vocational school scam -- "earn $$$ -- take our course" type of promotion.

Jenny has the capability and the love and support of her family to do just fine once things settle down, and I wish her well. Why she ever fell for Bryan and married him is difficult to understand. What was the attraction? He clearly is a very needy person not capable of being in a 50/50 relationship.

I'd also like to mention the differences I noticed in the Mache children compared to the Carpio sextuplets (SEXTUPLETS TAKE NEW YORK) when both separately visited the Today Show in recent months. The Mache children were very unruly and undisciplined; the Carpios much better behaved, who are even younger. The difference seems to be reflected in the manner in which the two sets are being raised, one in a home with love and stability versus one with chaos and discord.

Thanks for the clarification Swissmiss. Way to many "multiple shows". The Jones's do seem like very nice family. Hope the show doesn't ruin it for them.

On a side note: I turned to TLC last night thinking I was going to watch Kate plus 8 but it turned out to be yet another "multiple". They were a Latino family?

I can't keep up with all these kids. I think I'll stick to housewives.

The Carpios?? Who are they? Annastasia, I'm like you I can't keep up!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

So, the Maches are no longer together. Why am I not surprised? Poor Jenny...not to mention the innocent children. I hope she and the kids went back to AZ where she has tons of people who love and support her.

I could sense Bryan needed some sort of special counseling from the first minute of the first episode of their show. So sad.

FORT Fanatic

The Carpios are a Latino family who live in New York City in a tiny house. They have an older son about 9 years old, who seems remarkably loving. When asked if he had a favorite sibling, he said yes, and then started naming every single sibling.

The mother should be nominated for sainthood. I don't know how she maintains her sanity with so many noisy kids in a tiny house. She does have someone who read about the family and started showing up for a few hours every day. The mom seems able to get to the gym to work off her frustrations and has lost 30 lbs.

I don't always watch the entire show - it's too noisy with all the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4074122;
    The Carpios are a Latino family who live in New York City in a tiny house. They have an older son about 9 years old, who seems remarkably loving. When asked if he had a favorite sibling, he said yes, and then started naming every single sibling.

The mother should be nominated for sainthood. I don't know how she maintains her sanity with so many noisy kids in a tiny house. She does have someone who read about the family and started showing up for a few hours every day. The mom seems able to get to the gym to work off her frustrations and has lost 30 lbs.

I don't always watch the entire show - it's too noisy with all the kids.
    I caught them on Discovery Health last night and really liked them. They went to the park and spent most of the time chasing kids around. Their son is a saint too! Loved him! I did tear up when she was talking about her childhood and their older son cried. They are firm but not militant ala KG.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234