+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NYC - Prep

NYC - Prep

Premieres June 23 - 10pm Bravo TV
    "NYC Prep chronicles the lives of a group of privileged teenagers who are key players in Manhattan's elite high school scene. Students who travel in packs whether it's on sophisticated vacations or to a townhouse for an exclusive midnight party, their lives intertwine as they network, shop, party, study, date and write college applications. Everyone's beautiful and everyone's connected.

On the surface, it seems that these teens live an enviable life. They have access and privilege to spare, and can't imagine that anything or anyone, will get in their way. Over the course of the series, we'll see them on the benefit circuit, viewers will get to know their families, their entourage (trainers, college application advisors, stylists) and their guys/girls of the moment. But privilege has its price. Despite their carefree lives, the pressure of lofty expectations can sometimes be too much for even the most confident teenagers."

FORT Fan

Re: NYC - Prep

I just watched the preview... the boys are repulsive.

OMG!! Is this where TV is really headed? I thought it was already bad enough with the underage drinking shown on TV (OC Housewives)and all the T&A and promiscuity, but BRAVO seems to love to push the envelope, but will cross the line with this show, IMO.

Thanks luvsginger for starting this thread. Should get a lot of action once the show begins.
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 06-10-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Add a statement
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

I watched the sneak preview and I have a feeling these kids are going to regret putting their lives out there the way they did. The parents should not have allowed them to do the show, they had to have been underage at the time of filming. I have a daughter who just finished up her freshman year in college and what a difference a year makes!

I watched the preview as well, they are all repulsive and will not be watching it.

LG.

I saw a clip of this show on The Soup and it was hilarious how self-entitled one dude was. Don't think I'll bother to tune in for the show itself, I'm sure we'll see clips of the most repulsive moments on The Soup and Best Week Ever.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

What is sad is that the cast members are just kids. They will regret it one day and it's a shame their parents allowed them to do the show. We all did things we regret in high school but their regrets will be on film forever.

FORT Fogey

The show seems boring and uninteresting. I shall give it a miss.

I won't watch because I have a problem with rich people being on TV if they aren't doing good. I doubt any of them with regret doing it later. Look at Spencer & Heidi.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Having a son who is going to be a senior in high school next year and just recently began a fling with a young lady, I will have to miss this. It freaks me out to see teenagers and the way they act around each other, I choose to know in my head that things go on but I don't need it shoved in my face.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast