+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NYC - Prep

Re: NYC - Prep

Do any of you remember "Rich Girls" which aired on MTV in 2003? It was a reality show that starred Allie Hilfiger and Jamie Gleicher. Even though it was successful, Allie Hilfiger regretted doing the show, one reason was she peed her pants when she was drunk and the video was playing all over the internet. Allie attended rehab after the show and her and Jamie are no longer friends. They were both seniors in high school when they filmed the show.

I watched the preview, I will never get that 30 minutes of my life back and thats sad.

Yeah, I wont be watching the show.

I laughed when Allie Hilfiger said on the show that her dad invented cargo pants.

FORT Fogey

I remember that show!!! I was very young, I only saw like, one episode, something about prom and sunglasses and a missed childhood but yeah!

Anyone watch the premiere?

This show was so stupid, I started watching and lost interest pretty quickly.
    There was one 16 year old aspiring singer that lives in NYC (upper east side) with her 19 year old brother. She wants to live in the city because as she put it "this is the only place for a singer to be" or something equally as asinine. Their parents live in the Hamptons but come into the city once a week to have dinner with the kiddos and make sure they are still breathing. These two won't win parent of the year awards any time soon.

In case anyone cares, NY Prep is moving to it's regular scheduled time slot starting next Tuesday (8:00 CT).

I'm assuming that what these kids are drinking during this episode are alcoholic drinks. What bartender in his right mind would do that and be filmed. Why aren't they in trouble with the law? Fake ID's? Their parents gave permission for their children to be on this show. Did they know all they do behind their backs or just not care? These kids need supervision. I don't care how much money one has!

these types of shows are very irritating

however i tend to watch just to make fun of them

i have watched the preview show so far and i just get disgusted at how rediculous they are...

and the whole fake id thing is also rediculous... these ugly little kids don't even look 16 to me

FORT Fogey

I had to stop watching very early on because of the ignorant, asinine comments PC made about Operation Smile. He is the true definition of garbage.

Laguna Beach had a lot of the drinking-I think I remember reading in an interview that whenever you saw a red cup, it was alcohol of some sort. I don't know WHY the parents don't take a tougher stance on it-the worst thing would be if the parents didn't care that the kids were drinking.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Newbie

As Bravo has shown a million NYC Prep sneak peak commercials (or whatever you call them), I had a few first impressions:

1) The girl named Jessie, that's a Rumor Willis situation right there, if you know what I mean. There are things money can't buy.

2) That boy PC is a full-on made for reality TV act. I'm sure he's a slime ball when the cameras stop rolling, but when they're on it's obvious he tries too hard. Hope we see his parents eventually, lol.

Then I watched the show, wasn't blown away or anything. I think Jessie and PC are working a "Cruel Intentions" story line, that's my vibe about them.

The previews for this show remind me of that documentary Born Rich that was on HBO a few years ago. It was done by Jamie Johnson (of the Johnson & Johnson family) and he interviewed a number of his friends - heirs to large fortunes. We're talking Vanderbilt, Trump (Ivanka), Bloomberg, one of the Conde Nast heirs and a number of others. After it aired, at least one of them sued Johnson, but it never went anywhere. I think he saw how disgusting his behavior was and was worried about being disinherited. In fact, I know that Johnson said many of the people he asked to participate refused out of fear over being disinherited.

That documentary was interesting in that the "children" were in their twenties and were talking about what it's like to be born into wealth and privilege. Some came off looking better than others for sure, but only a handful came out looking like jerks, IMO.

This show is a definite pass for me. I have no interest in watching these arrogant snots. Even the commercials make me change the channel.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast