+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expedition Africa

Expedition Africa

Is anyone watching this??

It's on the History Channel at 10 on Sundays (Eastern Daylight Time) It's a Mark Burnett produced show based on H.M. Stanley's trek into Africa in search of Dr Livingstone... The scenery is stunning...

Here's a link: Find Out More About the Show - Expedition Africa - History.com
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Expedition Africa

That looks really interesting. I'm going to start watching. Thanks for pointing it out!

I watched the 1st episode and have the 2nd on my DVR. I am enjoying it. It's interesting to see real, educated people can't get along either, just like the crazies that they put on reality shows.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3493883;
    I watched the 1st episode and have the 2nd on my DVR. I am enjoying it. It's interesting to see real, educated people can't get along either, just like the crazies that they put on reality shows.
    It reminded me for much of the last Survivor series that I had a hard time stomaching the first ep and didn't bother with ep 2.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I can't decide if I'm going to keep watching it or not. The commercials looked cool, but I'm soooo over their constantly referencing "Stanley" and how he did this or he did that. It just rubs me the wrong way. Plus, I'm over Pasquale; the guy's lacking a sensitivity chip. In the end, they're all a bunch of idiots -- who leaves camp w/o ANY water, whether you're trying not to disagree with someone or not.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

I dont want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy. - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

It looks very interesting and the thought of the African locale is very exciting.
    However, based on all the snakes ( eek ) and the fact that it's still got reality show attached to it, I may pass on it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm watching only because I lived in Uganda for a summer and I miss beautiful Africa and Tanzania is so close to there that it brings back so many memories. I coudl do without the actual trekkers--show me more of the Masai warriors and the porters and let them star!

This could have been a really good show. Mark Burnett used to produce and film Eco Challenge races and I loved those. The teams would consist of 4 people and 1 would have to be of a different gender. But you never saw them bitching and arguing like you did on Expedition Africa ep 1. In Eco Challenge I saw the teams navigate over 1,000 miles in the Peruvian mountains, the Moroccan desert and the jungles of Pacific islands and their never was this total bickering, it was the team working together. The Playboy Centerfolds even had a team and they did great. But this show is one hot mess and I had such high expectations I am very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3497058;
    This could have been a really good show. Mark Burnett used to produce and film Eco Challenge races and I loved those. The teams would consist of 4 people and 1 would have to be of a different gender. But you never saw them bitching and arguing like you did on Expedition Africa ep 1. In Eco Challenge I saw the teams navigate over 1,000 miles in the Peruvian mountains, the Moroccan desert and the jungles of Pacific islands and their never was this total bickering, it was the team working together. The Playboy Centerfolds even had a team and they did great. But this show is one hot mess and I had such high expectations I am very disappointed.
    I'm glad you mentioned eco challenge. When I read the premise it sounded like it might be like EC, and since you say it's not, I'll give this one a pass. I was just thinking last week about EC and how much Mark Burnett's done since then. I really liked that show.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3497226;
    I'm glad you mentioned eco challenge. When I read the premise it sounded like it might be like EC, and since you say it's not, I'll give this one a pass. I was just thinking last week about EC and how much Mark Burnett's done since then. I really liked that show.
    While I am glad Mark Barnett has had huge success with Survivor, Apprentice Us and UK versions, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, I really, really miss the Eco Challenge races and in fact never got to see the last one because it was on cable and I didn't get that channel. Eco Challenge races just show what people working together can achieve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast