+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obsessed (A&E)

Re: Obsessed (A&E)

I've watched this show twice. I just can't get into it, which is interesting since I myself have OCD. Thankfully though, mine is not debilitating like most of the folks featured on this show!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Wasn't that so sad when Rich criticized the chair? Here was Russ in the antique store fantasizing about Rich's chair and imagining his dear friend in it? I'm glad the therapist warned him not to put too much stock in what Rich had to say and hope he really took that to heart.
    I felt so bad for Russ too and I was glad that Russ saw it too. I am not happy that Russ was sad but he did speak to the camera and said he felt dismissed by Rich. So at least Russ is not defending Rich.

And yes it was so sad that Russ found a chair tha his friend would like and Rich is like, whatever, you're still hoarding.

I hope his book club helps Russ to find some new friends. He seems like such a sweet guy.
    Help control the animal population - spay and neuter your pets!

yeah, i think that was the first ep that aired.

the tampon thing made me giggle too.

the bloody clothes thing was very disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3549549;
    I saw that one earlier, I think it was the first one I saw. I was creeped out by the way the lady kept trying on the clothes. Gah.

I sure hope all of these people are helped by the 12 visits we are shown. It seems most of them will next extensive therapy.

there's something abt this show that makes it hard to get into. i find myself not really paying too much attention when it's on. i don't know what it is tho bc it is def a subject that interests me.

if you don't mind me asking, how does your ocd manifest and how do you control it?

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3549564;
    I've watched this show twice. I just can't get into it, which is interesting since I myself have OCD. Thankfully though, mine is not debilitating like most of the folks featured on this show!

FORT Fogey

I think the reason people have a hard time getting into the show is the disease itself. It's difficult to convey just how debilitating OCD behavior can be on camera, i.e. in contrast to being stoned.

I could not believe the therapist made that girl touch the toilet seat in the porta-pot! AACK!!
    And then she didn't even use wipes or hand sanitizer afterwards, I would be freaking out so much if I was forced to do that.

I feel so bad for these people that their OCD gets to the point where it really interferes with daily living.

As someome with my rituals & obsessive behavior of my own, I consider myself really, really fortunate that it doesn't control my life. My partner thinks my behavior is silly which actually helps me get over myself when I start to get nutty.

On the other hand, I'm obsessive about getting rid of things (not people) so it's not likely I'll become a hoarder any time soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123