+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obsessed (A&E)

Re: Obsessed (A&E)

LOL, the "frantic" is a perfect description of that foolishness he was doing!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3494611;
    I had the same reaction. There was no visible sign that this guy was working out at all. It seems to be more about the "frantic" than the actual exercise. He seemed actually delighted that he was able to keep a daily record of his workouts for, what, 20 years? I thought the therapist should have confronted the guy about it, but, I'm no therapist.... Both of them were way too much for me.

yes, he did say he had hair plugs. they looked good, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3495065;
    Yeah, I couldn't believe Nidia. That is I don't want to say crazy but crazy.

And his workouts were not much of a workout, a few reps here and there 7-11 times a day? I think he said he had been doing that for 25 years.I too wondered about the gym membership. He didn't even look that fit. Did he say he had hairplugs?

I think that Nidia said that she did all of this before her marriage so how did she manage to hide it from him? He never would have married her if he REALLY knew the truth. That poor guy! He's probably hoping that she gets better so that he can leave her and not feel guilty! If her ritual doesn't turn a relationship off, I don't know what would. I fell asleep also so I didn't get to see the end. I've been waiting for it to be aired again. Seems like she could be committed for harming herself but I don't know the rules. I say take the truck (with her in it) to the local funny farm. Park it in front. Take the bike out and ride off. Just make sure that she packs her toothbrush!

You can watch the episode online, she actually made a lot of progress, threw out her enema and toothbrush and took a 10 minute shower by the end of the episode.

Did anyone watch yesterday? A woman who was scared of death, particularly in the dark. She focused a lot on being attacked but it also seemed to be other things like earthquakes and car accidents. A guy who was a hoarder and had essentially lost all of his friends over it.

The woman looked like she was making great progress. I was worried when she "looked" at the mirror with her eyes closed, but she really did manage to push through it. I was very impressed when she agreed to so the earthquake simulation in the dark! However, I did question why she chooses to live in LA if she is so terrified of earthquakes! I also thought the scene where she put her nephews to bed was a little weird. They were trying to show her doing something "normal" in the dark, but who reads a bedtime story with no lights on - did she memorize the book first?? They were also really skimpy on the info about her daughter: no mention of her age, why the mom lost custody, how much contact the mom has with her (we only saw a very brief phone conversation), if she has any reasonable hope of regaining custody...

I felt really sorry for the hoarding guy. He seemed so incredibly sad. I hope he continues the great progress that he has started. I wanted to knock out his friend who came to visit and was like "Hmm, it looks like you have a long ways left to go." Way to knock a guy who is making an incredible effort to change, jerk!! He clearly did not want to reconnect with the hoarder, so I wonder why he even agreed to make the appearances on the show? Their interaction was very uncomfortable and it made me wonder if they had been more than just friends in the past. I was really glad that it said the guy had joined a book club to meet new people. I hope he is able to make a fresh start and get an entirely new circle of friends!!

i fell asleep so i didn't see the whole ep . . . i got the distinct impression tho that the "friend" was an ex-lover of the hoarder.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3504769;
    Did anyone watch yesterday? A woman who was scared of death, particularly in the dark. She focused a lot on being attacked but it also seemed to be other things like earthquakes and car accidents. A guy who was a hoarder and had essentially lost all of his friends over it.

The woman looked like she was making great progress. I was worried when she "looked" at the mirror with her eyes closed, but she really did manage to push through it. I was very impressed when she agreed to so the earthquake simulation in the dark! However, I did question why she chooses to live in LA if she is so terrified of earthquakes! I also thought the scene where she put her nephews to bed was a little weird. They were trying to show her doing something "normal" in the dark, but who reads a bedtime story with no lights on - did she memorize the book first?? They were also really skimpy on the info about her daughter: no mention of her age, why the mom lost custody, how much contact the mom has with her (we only saw a very brief phone conversation), if she has any reasonable hope of regaining custody...

I felt really sorry for the hoarding guy. He seemed so incredibly sad. I hope he continues the great progress that he has started. I wanted to knock out his friend who came to visit and was like "Hmm, it looks like you have a long ways left to go." Way to knock a guy who is making an incredible effort to change, jerk!! He clearly did not want to reconnect with the hoarder, so I wonder why he even agreed to make the appearances on the show? Their interaction was very uncomfortable and it made me wonder if they had been more than just friends in the past. I was really glad that it said the guy had joined a book club to meet new people. I hope he is able to make a fresh start and get an entirely new circle of friends!!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3504769;
    Oh they were definitely more than just friends!!! I thought it was pretty obvious they had been lovers. I felt bad for him as well....mostly because he didn't have any friends. He seemed so lonely. His "friend" was very insensitive regarding his progress in cleaning up his house. But I also got the idea that Russ (?...the hoarder) had been a little stalkerish with Rich. But I was happy that he made so much progress and had joined a book club. Hopefully he'll find some friends.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Wasn't that so sad when Rich criticized the chair? Here was Russ in the antique store fantasizing about Rich's chair and imagining his dear friend in it? I'm glad the therapist warned him not to put too much stock in what Rich had to say and hope he really took that to heart.

With the girl, she lost custody nine years ago, so her daughter is at least that old.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Has anyone continued to watch? I only half-watched last night, but I thought the episode before that was interesting. It was the clean freak guy who wanted to get better and have his bf move in with him and the single mom who was basically afraid of dying after her father died in an accident on the freeway.

Re. the woman, I thought it was really upsetting that she was putting on the clothes that her father died in. She seemed genuinely SO much happier by the end of the show. I think she truly wants to be the best mom she can be for her children. I wish her all the best!!

Re. the guy, he was being such a jerk to the therapist for a while that I was almost gleefully happy when she told the guy she needed to use his bathroom and required a garbage can for her tampon. I know it is wrong because the guy really did have a problem, but she just looked so satisfied that she had found something that would really get to him. I thought I was going to really dislike the guy through the whole show, especially when he started talking about how she had humiliated him in front of someone he cared about. But then he turned around and mentioned that the bf was really cool about it and said how great it was that they were able to go through the experience together. That guy sounds like a really great bf!! I hope things work out for them!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3549474;
    Has anyone continued to watch? I only half-watched last night, but I thought the episode before that was interesting. It was the clean freak guy who wanted to get better and have his bf move in with him and the single mom who was basically afraid of dying after her father died in an accident on the freeway.

Re. the woman, I thought it was really upsetting that she was putting on the clothes that her father died in. She seemed genuinely SO much happier by the end of the show. I think she truly wants to be the best mom she can be for her children. I wish her all the best!!

Re. the guy, he was being such a jerk to the therapist for a while that I was almost gleefully happy when she told the guy she needed to use his bathroom and required a garbage can for her tampon. I know it is wrong because the guy really did have a problem, but she just looked so satisfied that she had found something that would really get to him. I thought I was going to really dislike the guy through the whole show, especially when he started talking about how she had humiliated him in front of someone he cared about. But then he turned around and mentioned that the bf was really cool about it and said how great it was that they were able to go through the experience together. That guy sounds like a really great bf!! I hope things work out for them!

I saw that one earlier, I think it was the first one I saw. I was creeped out by the way the lady kept trying on the clothes. Gah.

I sure hope all of these people are helped by the 12 visits we are shown. It seems most of them will next extensive therapy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast