+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Knows Best

Brooke Knows Best

The second season started today. It airs on Sunday at 10 pm ET/PT on VH1.

The premiere dealt with Brooke's parents' tumultuous divorce (Hulk and Linda). She sides more with her dad because she frowns upon her mom dating a 19 yo boy who went to her high school.

It was heartbreaking for me to watch Brooke breakdown during her little boatride with her dad, her roommates, and her dad's current girlfriend. They passed by her mom's house, where her dogs were barking at them. Brooke asked her dad if they could go say hi to the dogs, but he refused since he didn't want to come in close contact with Linda. Brooke couldn't help but tear up.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: Brooke Knows Best

I mean, sure she gets a hard time from the media, because their entire family situation has played out in front of the cameras, which has turned them all into a circus. I saw the premiere on VH1's site a few days ago and it's really telling just how things have changed.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I think she sides more with her Dad because he's the one with the money. Yeah it probably is weird that her Mom is dating a young guy, but her Dad is also dating a younger woman who looks a lot like Brooke. And it sad to see Brooke in the middle of her parents, but she should keep her mouth shut (stop doing her Dad's dirty work). I was glad to see Brooke's claims that her mother is a druggy were proven wrong with Linda's negative drug test results.

I did not see the show....was wondering is Nick still in jail? So sad for the entire Hogan family. They were on top of the world with all the media in a very positive light when the show FIRST started.....then the demise of the marriage, the demise of the reality show, the horrific car accident, the meanness of the divorce, and now with Hulk and Linda dating people around the ages of their own kids....

SO SAD.

FORT Fan

I didn't watch tonight's premiere, but since the first season of Hogan Knows Best, I despised Nick/Linda and fell in love with Brooke/Hulk.

Something about mom and Nick turned me off from day 1. It seemed like Linda loved to complain and Nick was out to mess with Brooke, ie, getting her in trouble with the parents. They just seemed like selfish pricks who were ungrateful with Hulk.

Brooke and Hulk are a different story. Hulk obviously wanted to care for and provide the best possible lifestyle for his family. Brooke has a dreamed to be a singer and worked hard at it, even though her dad invested millions and her singing talent is limited. I could tell that Brooke worked hard and wanted to prove herself as an artist. I have so much respect to her because she seems comfortable in her own skin and is able to laugh at the shallow comments made about her in tabloids.

All I could think about when I saw Hulks girlfriend was how much she resembled brooke/mom. It made it a little awkward to see them being lovey dovey. I too am sad that Brooke has taken sides in this. Yes, I can see why she would be upset with her mom, but still. She is an adult now, and just like parents shouldnt turn their kids against each other in a divorce situation, she should try to stay neutral in my opinion, at least in the public eye.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Nick was relased from jail only after a few months and thewhole time the Hogan family cried about how cruel it was for Nick to be in that environment and other travesty's. What's really cruel is that since the accident that has left his "friend" totally incapacitated, NO ONE from the Hogan family has called nor visited or sent money to help with the young mans care. They actually blamed him for the accident stating that he was a bad influence on Nick! I think the public still wants to string him up!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3488652;
    .....and now with Hulk and Linda dating people around the ages of their own kids....
    Sorry, but I had to comment on this one. Hulk's girlfriend is 37, Linda's boyfriend is 19. IMO, there is no comparison. The girlfriend is a grown women while the boyfriend is still a kid. He is younger than Brooke and went to school with Nick. I don't blame Brooke one bit for being upset and disgusted.

As far as Nick goes, he is now living in California. I for one don't feel a need to "string him up". He made a horrible mistake and served his time. And while I personally don't care for him, it was an accident. Unfortunately, accidents happen and people suffer and lives are changed. What more is he supposed to do? The victims family is suing him, so he will also be responsible financially. He has expressed regret and taken responsibility for his part in this. Just what else is he supposed to do?
    Last edited by Sherri; 06-08-2009 at 05:47 PM.

The biggest case that Nick has supporting him is that his friend was not wearing his seat belt, while Nick did. His friend knew that they were going to race, so why would you not put a seat belt on?

But still, I know that they shouldn't have been racing in the first place. It's dangerous, and look where it got both of those boys.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I agree with Sherri, what more can Nick do? He's learned one of the worst lessons in life, and I don't think he'll ever forget it. I'm sure it will haunt him til the day he dies.

I think that Brooke is pretty embarrased by her mother's choice for a boyfriend, but that is her mother and I wish she would quit being so stubborn and talk to her. They need that Mother-Daughter relationship.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast