+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brooke Knows Best

FORT Regular

Re: Brooke Knows Best

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3488074;
    The second season started today. It airs on Sunday at 10 pm ET/PT on VH1.

The premiere dealt with Brooke's parents' tumultuous divorce (Hulk and Linda). She sides more with her dad because she frowns upon her mom dating a 19 yo boy who went to her high school.

It was heartbreaking for me to watch Brooke breakdown during her little boatride with her dad, her roommates, and her dad's current girlfriend. They passed by her mom's house, where her dogs were barking at them. Brooke asked her dad if they could go say hi to the dogs, but he refused since he didn't want to come in close contact with Linda. Brooke couldn't help but tear up.

He refused because Linda filed a restraining oder against him, claiming he was hunting her down. If he had gone up there, he would've been in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06
    momrek06

This show has to be totally scripted. The epi with all of them going on dates AND then this week with the yacht and those idiot guys .....YUP, totally scripted.

I thought the first epi was good, meeting Hulk's new gf. I always wondered if Hulk was caught up in all the steroid business as a young wrestler and he confirmed it on that epi when he said he spent YEARS abusing his body to pay for that house and now some 19yo is living in it.

I probably will not watch it again.
    Uhm, that doesn't indicate steroid use at all. He spent years at his job getting hit, hitting others, training, working his butt off to build that beautiful house and life, and now some kid is living in it.
    I really don't think it's logical or fair to say he confirmed steroid use
    Last edited by HaleighTKB; 06-24-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleighTKB;3523704;
    He refused because Linda filed a restraining oder against him, claiming he was hunting her down. If he had gone up there, he would've been in trouble.

Uhm, that doesn't indicate steroid use at all. He spent years at his job getting hit, hitting others, training, working his butt off to build that beautiful house and life, and now some kid is living in it.
    I thought he testified in front of Congress in in the '90s or something that he used steriods for years. ETA: found a link to a story on it.

Hulk Hogan, on Witness Stand, Tells of Steroid Use in Wrestling - The New York Times

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3522458;
    I figured he just mean't abusing it in the ring and all the preperation he did to look like that. But maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by HaleighTKB;3523704;
    Thank you, Allie, for posting the link!

Anyone else watch the newest episode? I actually felt really badly for Linda. Overall, it was a very dramatic show. Lots of tears were shed.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I watched parts of it and it makes me kind of torn-part of me wants Brooke to reconcile already, but the other part is understanding what she is going through, being in the middle of everything.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I saw most of it and I'm sorry but I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for Linda. I'd have been surprised if Brooke had gone over to Linda's especially since she said the last time she was there, the boytoy's shorts were lying next to her mother's bed.

Lots of tears and ungodly amounts of mascara were shed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123