+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kendra

Re: Kendra

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3684333;
    Thank you, daiseyo, for saying all of that about Bridget!!! Thank you, thank you! Do people not realize that we are ALL going to get old. . . eventually. Should we just curl up and die when we turn 30 something, or should we do what Bridget has done, and get a good education with an advanced degree and prepare for a second career in a field that we love!
    I don't see criticism of her education. People are questioning her choice of be it clothing, behavior and that baby voice she likes to talk in. Bridget reminds me of those women I used to see in the Macys Jr dept. Well past the Jr attire age and continue to shop there anyhow.

I am 47 years old and I can manage to look youthful and have fun without hanging around kids my son's age and dressing like a child. Bridget is trying hard to fit in with Kendra and her friends and its time for her to grow up and act like an Adult.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3683542;
    You are absolutely right. I hadn't looked past her annoying personality and baby voice to give her credit for anything. And no - I don't think that being 40 should cause anyone to stay out of the public eye. I'm older than she is. I just think it's time to put some clothes on and act like a big girl now.

I need to be careful to not post when I'm a pissy mood and someone on tv annoys me.
    Thanks for your honesty! I think we've all posted when we aren't in the best of moods from time to time! Bridget's voice and personality aren't for everyone, but I hope others can see through that, and give her credit for her accomplishments.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3683626;
    I like Bridget, but she is a little delusional about herself. Bridget thinks if she dresses the package like new candy it will be hard to tell the candy inside is day old.
    I just don't see that. Everyone has their own taste. What might not be right for one person may be right for another. I'm curious if those who have posted on her appearance and clothing choices also think the Rolling Stones, The Who, (and other "older" musicians) should put away their ripped t shirts & jeans, and cut their hair? I don't think every single person who chooses to dress a certain way is a poseur or is delusional. JMHO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3684362;
    I got a good education and advanced degree in something I love and don't have to run around acting vacant all the time. I don't pretend I am not as old as I am. I embrace my maturity.

The problem isn't her age. It's the act she's putting on. Like I said it's not cute and it's annoying as all get out to sit and watch someone who is supposed to be admired because of her education etc. act like she does.
    I think you're making big assumptions about Bridget pretending to be younger than what she is. I mentioned this in another post, but do you (or anyone else) also think the Rolling Stones, The Who (and other "older" musicians) should put away their ripped t shirts, jeans, and cut their long hair? Do you think they are pretending to be younger than their actual age? I don't. I think they are being just who they are. Certain professons necessitates dressing a certain way, but if you aren't bound by those "rules" regarding appearance, what's the harm in being true to what you feel? I don't understand why it would irk someone when it has no bearing on themselves in any way.

I didn't suggest she should "be admired for her education." In an earlier post I had mentioned her education as one of her accomplishments. Instead of being critical about superficial things such as appearance, voice inflection, etc, how about we look at what she's accomplished? She hasn't just sat back - she's shown ambition, and has been proactive about her future. I just don't understand how someone cannot like someone else based on appearance or somewhat "airy" personality. She seems to be a really nice, sweet individual. She hasn't shown any mean spiritedness or offensive acts towards anyone that I've seen. JMHO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3684333;
    Thank you, daiseyo, for saying all of that about Bridget!!! Thank you, thank you! Do people not realize that we are ALL going to get old. . . eventually. Should we just curl up and die when we turn 30 something, or should we do what Bridget has done, and get a good education with an advanced degree and prepare for a second career in a field that we love!
    I like Bridget. To me, a person's actions speak so much more than physical appearance or voice inflection. She has consistently shown herself to be a really nice, sweet person, who isn't just resting on her laurels. (I probably shouldn't use the word "laurels," as I'm sure there's going to be debates on that! haha Just adding a little levity here - no offense to anyone!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3684378;
    I am 47 years old and I can manage to look youthful and have fun without hanging around kids my son's age and dressing like a child. Bridget is trying hard to fit in with Kendra and her friends and its time for her to grow up and act like an Adult.
    We don't know if in her "real" life she hangs out with people who are much younger than herself. We just know the snipets we see on the tv show with Kendra and some of the Playmates (That was Bridget's environment for a lot of years). She lived with Kendra for X amount of years, and they became close. Kendra has mentioned a few times on TGND show and on her own show, how close she is to Bridget. In my own life, I've worked with people younger than myself, and we developed friendships. They aren't the only ones I hang out with, and I'm sure the same is true for Bridget.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3684392;
    I think you're making big assumptions about Bridget pretending to be younger than what she is. I mentioned this in another post, but do you (or anyone else) also think the Rolling Stones, The Who (and other "older" musicians) should put away their ripped t shirts, jeans, and cut their long hair? Do you think they are pretending to be younger than their actual age? I don't. I think they are being just who they are. Certain professons necessitates dressing a certain way, but if you aren't bound by those "rules" regarding appearance, what's the harm in being true to what you feel? I don't understand why it would irk someone when it has no bearing on themselves in any way.

I didn't suggest she should "be admired for her education." In an earlier post I had mentioned her education as one of her accomplishments. Instead of being critical about superficial things such as appearance, voice inflection, etc, how about we look at what she's accomplished? She hasn't just sat back - she's shown ambition, and has been proactive about her future. I just don't understand how someone cannot like someone else based on appearance or somewhat "airy" personality. She seems to be a really nice, sweet individual. She hasn't shown any mean spiritedness or offensive acts towards anyone that I've seen. JMHO
    She had sex with man to forward her career. I hardly call that ambitious.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3684454;
    She had sex with man to forward her career. I hardly call that ambitious.
    Again, assumptions. None of us can read Bridget's mind, and know what she was thinking. Under that premise, I guess you are saying Kendra and Holly "had sex with a man to forward their careers," too. I listed many of Bridget's accomplishments that show ambition in my previous post (her advanced degree, her radio show, her E show, her investment in a movie, etc.), but you're choosing to ignore those, and instead focus on one assumption. I'm choosing to be more open-minded, and not judge her on superficial things like appearance.

I guess I'm surprised that you judge her on what you think she is doing because in another thread you have openly admitted to having an alternative lifestyle that many people don't agree with. I am not one of them, BTW. So I'm surprised at your thoughts on her lifestyle. JMHO
    Last edited by daiseyo; 08-30-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typos

Kendra' s baby was born on Friday, Dec. 11th as some of you may know! Little Hank Randall Baskett IV was born via c-section @ 12:37am on Fri. Dec. 11th weighing in at 9 lbs 5 oz. and 22 in long! Kendra initially went into the hospital Wednesday evening to be induced. There are pics of Kendra, Hank and little Hank in the latest OK magazine. He's a beautiful big boy with a head full of hair.

Check out the days leading up to litle Hank's birth tonight in E's special 2nd season opener to "Kendra" show called "Here Comes Baby" @ 9/8c pm & a repeat @ 1/12c am. Kendra's full season doesn't start 'til March, but this special is a teaser to hold us off 'til then and to introduce little hank to the world. Check it out, don't miss it tonight on E!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3773339;
    Kendra' s baby was born on Friday, Dec. 11th as some of you may know! Little Hank Randall Baskett IV was born via c-section @ 12:37am on Fri. Dec. 11th weighing in at 9 lbs 5 oz. and 22 in long! Kendra initially went into the hospital Wednesday evening to be induced. There are pics of Kendra, Hank and little Hank in the latest OK magazine. He's a beautiful big boy with a head full of hair.

Check out the days leading up to litle Hank's birth tonight in E's special 2nd season opener to "Kendra" show called "Here Comes Baby" @ 9/8c pm & a repeat @ 1/12c am. Kendra's full season doesn't start 'til March, but this special is a teaser to hold us off 'til then and to introduce little hank to the world. Check it out, don't miss it tonight on E!
    I watched it last night!! What a great epi!! I was in tears when Mum-Mum was at the door!!
    Wow, Kendra was BIG but she is so tiny and her baby was almost 10 pounds!!
    What a sweet, beautiful baby Little Hank!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread