+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Play For A BILLION

Play For A BILLION

Yes, you read it right

THE WB AND PEPSI COMBINE FOR A ONE-OF-A-KIND SUMMER AS THEY TEAM UP FOR GROUND-BREAKING SHOWS, "PLAY FOR A BILLION" AND "PEPSI SMASH"
    BURBANK, CA (April 9, 2003) - The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.

PLAY FOR A BILLION, which will be produced by Michael Davies ("Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?") guarantees a $1 million winner who will then have the chance to play for $1 billion. There is a one in 1000 chance that the $1 billion will be awarded.

The show, set to air in September, will be the culmination of Pepsi's summer promotion, "Pepsi Play for a Billion," which hits stores May 1. Here's how to play:

Beginning in May on specially marked Pepsi products, check for a sweepstakes entry code or $15 instant win notification under the caps of 20-ounce and 2-liter products, on 12- and 24-packs, or on stickers on select fountain cups.
    If you find a sweepstakes entry code, enter the code on the secure web site (http://www.billionsweeps.com) or mail it to the address on the package.
    In the sweepstakes, one thousand consumers will be randomly selected throughout the summer and offered a trip to appear on the live television broadcast.
    The 1,000 contestants on the show will play a game of chance and guts to determine the $1 million prizewinner. The $1 million winner will then play for $1 billion without forfeiting the $1 million prize. If won, the $1 billion prize will be awarded in the form of a 40-year annuity with a balloon payment in the final year, or the contestant may instead elect to receive a lump sum payment representing the present value of the annuity.
    Pepsi has taken out an insurance policy with an insurance subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway in the event that someone wins the billion-dollar prize.

Also from
    The Sir Links A Lot page containing iformation of the show we get this bit of info:

On this show contestants will be selected by randomly finding certain coded bottle caps. These contestants then compete for a $1 Million prize. The prizewinner then gets a shot at a super grand prize of one billion U.S. dollars with the numbers chosen by a monkey.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    So the chances of really wining a Billion are pretty slim to none. My problem is I always open a 2 liter see that I won a free soda think cool put the lid back on then throw it out and forget then kick myself on the rear later, guess I will have to start post it notes.

The stupid "code" caps are the worst. I spend so much time on line, but the thought of having to punch in a code... I don't know, I just NEVER get around to it.

I have a free Dr. Pepper cap in my purse.
    I have bought FOUR Dr. Peppers since getting that stupid cap.

I think it's good that the winner doesn't have to forfeit the million in order to play for the billion.
    "That's Numberwang!"

yeah, but only an idiot would, and if that were they case it could be funny as hell to see someone say, "OK, I'll try for the billion" Could you imagine?
    It would be even funnier if they won it though.

+ Reply to Thread