+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Chopped - The Food Network

Chopped - Tuesdays 10/9central - The Food Network - New episodes in June

Passion and expertise rule the kitchen on the fast-paced new series, Chopped. Hosted by Ted Allen (Food Detectives), the series challenges four up-and-coming chefs to turn a selection of everyday ingredients into an extraordinary three-course meal. After each course, a contestant gets "chopped" until the last man or woman left standing claims victory. Each week, a rotating panel of culinary elite judges including Alex Guarnaschelli, Aaron Sanchez, and Geoffrey Zakarian will decide whose dishes shine the brightest and award the winner $10,000.

Anyone else watching this show? I love it! I think it would be fun to do something like this at a party with girlfriends or with couples divided into teams. Even though the description says they use everyday ingredients, something strange is thrown into the basket...here are a few examples:

Octopus, Duck and Animal Crackers or
    Tofu, Blueberries and Oysters
    Canned Peaches, Rice Cakes and Beets

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

I love this show too - I watch all the time. The judges crack me up - I'd hate to have to cook for them!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3474965;
    I love this show too - I watch all the time. The judges crack me up - I'd hate to have to cook for them!
    The judges are tough...they should set them up with a basket of mixed goodies and see what they come up with!

FORT Regular

They are now ripping off the UK's MasterChef series.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

What about the episode where one of the chefs dropped the meat on the floor, PICKED IT UP, & SERVED IT ANYWAY!!! Yuck! And, the judges didn't even "chop" him, even though they saw him do it. It made me feel sick! Don't eat at his restaurant!!!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3475071;
    What about the episode where one of the chefs dropped the meat on the floor, PICKED IT UP, & SERVED IT ANYWAY!!! Yuck! And, the judges didn't even "chop" him, even though they saw him do it. It made me feel sick! Don't eat at his restaurant!!!
    And on another show, one of the chefs kept "double-dipping" - he'd taste from a spoon and then place it back in the bowl or pot - he did it a couple of times. And I think he did it again after the judges mentioned it. He stayed around until the final round, but didn't win.

These cooking shows (and shows like Kitchen Nightmares) have made me really leery about eating out.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3481775;
    And on another show, one of the chefs kept "double-dipping" - he'd taste from a spoon and then place it back in the bowl or pot - he did it a couple of times. And I think he did it again after the judges mentioned it. He stayed around until the final round, but didn't win.

These cooking shows (and shows like Kitchen Nightmares) have made me really leery about eating out.
    Same here! And these chefs are doing these things when they know they are on television. Could you imagine what some cooks are doing when noone can see them? ick!

I'd love to know what cooking school he went to, because one of the very FIRST things we were taught was when you taste anything, you use 2 spoons, using one to place whatever your tasting into the other spoon. You would get kicked out for the day if the Chef caught you doing anything unsanitary. I got kicked out for eating a piece of carrot while prepping. I never did that again! I STILL feel guilty when I do it in my own home!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3474965;
    This show is fun to watch! Having to come up with a recipe using the crazy ingredients they give them would difficult.

My favorite judge is Chef Aaron Sanchez. He competed on the show The Next Iron Chef (Chef Michael Symon won).

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I don't understand the chefs who come on this show - they act like they don't know what they are signing up for. Like - "what am I supposed to do with this??" And "I don't even do desserts!" Ummm....then what are you doing here?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast