+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Over the weekend, I saw a Chopped show that feature 4 contestnats from prior seasons of Food Network Star.
    Michael ended up winning. At the end, they said he'd be competing against others, but I don't see it listed anywhere.
    I've never seen Chopped before, but I'd like to see this show.
    Anybody know anything about it?
    Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Over the weekend, I saw a Chopped show that feature 4 contestnats from prior seasons of Food Network Star.
    Michael ended up winning. At the end, they said he'd be competing against others, but I don't see it listed anywhere.
    I've never seen Chopped before, but I'd like to see this show.
    Anybody know anything about it?
    Thanks
    New episodes are Sundays at 9. They play the previous week's episode Sunday at 8 and at some other times during the week.

Normally on Chopped, 4 chefs compete for a $10,000 prize. They're doing a special 5-part series for charity. You saw the first round. Last night, in the second round, Robert Irvine, Duff (Ace of Cakes), Ann Burrell, and Claire Robinson competed. 8 more professsional chefs will compete on the next two weeks' shows. Then the 4 winners will compete for a $50,000 prize with the money going to the winner's charity.

In the next rounds, some of the chefs who are regulars on the judging panel on Chopped will be competing.

Kip, thanks, for the info.
    I may skip last night's episode, then. Of those 4, I only like Robert. I'd probably be too upset if he got "chopped."
    My luck.... the winner would be Claire or Anne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    In the next rounds, some of the chefs who are regulars on the judging panel on Chopped will be competing.
    Now that is what I am waiting for!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Kip, thanks, for the info.
    I may skip last night's episode, then. Of those 4, I only like Robert. I'd probably be too upset if he got "chopped."
    My luck.... the winner would be Claire or Anne.
    The chef I was rooting for didn't win, but it I enjoyed it it terms of watching the quality of food these chefs produced. The items for the appetizer challenge were canned haggis, raspberries, some kind of hot pepper, and teething biscuits. When Duff smelled the canned haggis, he was gagging and trying not to vomit. All the chefs created beautiful plates and turned the haggis into something tasty (according to the judges' comments and how much they ate!).

FORT Fogey

Wow, I stand corrected on Ann! She blew them away. She is good! I am glad she won and never thought I would say that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I also cook seafood with cheeses, such as stir fried shrip with bread crumbs and parmesan. I wonder if those judges ever heard of Lobster Thermidor -- a rather popular recipe in fine dining seafood recipes.
    ACK! There is no cheese in lobster thermidor!! I agree with no cheese on fish, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    ACK! There is no cheese in lobster thermidor!! I agree with no cheese on fish, absolutely.
    Every recipe I have or have seen for lobster thermidor, except one, has it topped with either parmesan or gruyere cheese. Lobster Newburg, however, does not.

Some people like seasfood dishes with cheese; others don't.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

I can't stand Anne Burell. Something about her just irks me. I'm sure she'll win Chopped - All Stars just because I don't like her.

I'm not a fan of Anne Burrell's, either.
    However, I do think she's quite a good chef. I just don't like her in your face type personality.
    I don't like Claire, either, although I am glad to hear that she did a good job with the challenge.
    I just don't find her on the same level with Anne, cooking wise.
    She seems more out of the Sandra Lee mold.

+ Reply to Thread