+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Thank you for finding this thread...I searched last night after the show. I do not remember Lisa from "The Next Foodnetwork Star" I remember Debbie (she is Korean you know) I was laughing so hard when I heard her say that at the beginning of the show. This should be an intresting few weeks.
    I was not and still not a fan of Michael's, he grates on me.
    Lisa was on the season that Aaron (Big Daddy) won. I didn't watch the season Michael was on. (I cringed when Michael said something like he'd kill a litter of puppies to win this competition - I know he was saying he'd do whatever it takes - but a very disturbing analogy, IMO.)

I was rooting for Brad. He seemed very calm and focused.

FORT Fogey

I so wanted Lisa to win. I really liked her on her show. She would have made it through that first round easily had she been able to complete the plates.

What a nifty show this is going to be when the judges compete. I did notice that Scott and Alex were not amoung the contestants. I would love to see those sour pusses be on the other side. For Scott, red onions are a perfect basket choice.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I so wanted Lisa to win. I really liked her on her show. She would have made it through that first round easily had she been able to complete the plates.

What a nifty show this is going to be when the judges compete. I did notice that Scott and Alex were not amoung the contestants. I would love to see those sour pusses be on the other side. For Scott, red onions are a perfect basket choice.
    Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the judges compete. Wish all the regular judges were doing it (LOL at Scott and onions - but they have to be raw!).

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

I also wanted LIsa to win and I agree with everything you say, shoepie. She would definitely have made it past round 1 at least if she had handled the time better. I've always found her food to be creative and something I'd like to try.

I'm eager to see the judges compete, too. I can't remember who it was that always complained about mixing seafood and cheese, but I like that combination in a number of dishes, and I'd love to see them get that in a basket.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Fun "survey" on the Food Network Chopped page.

Which of these fan-suggested ingredients would you like to see in a Chopped basket?

Smoked Oysters
    Yak Jerky
    Bison Ribs
    Cloudberry Preserves
    Pork Rinds
    Cow Tongue
    Scrapple
    Cheese Spread
    Loganberries
    Bean Dip

Right now, cow tongue has a slight lead over scrapple (my chosen ingredient!). Mike Rowe (the Dirty Jobs guy) said scrapple is made from everything the government won't let them put into hot dogs!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If they are truly showing the previews in order, next weeks chefs should be:

Anne Burrell
    Robert Irvine
    Duff Goldman
    Claire Robinson
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If they are truly showing the previews in order, next weeks chefs should be:

Anne Burrell
    Robert Irvine
    Duff Goldman
    Claire Robinson
    What a great group. I like them all, but I'd guess I'd have to give Robert Irvine the edge. On Dinner Impossible, he had to use some pretty strange ingredients and pairings sometimes and work under some intense time pressure.

Ugh for scrapple for me, but smoked or pickled beef tongue is yummy. It's a little bit like corned beef, but better and it makes a great deli sandwich on rye.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It will be fun to watch Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine go head to head after the season of "Worst Cook" I am sure Irvine will be out for revenge.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    It will be fun to watch Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine go head to head after the season of "Worst Cook" I am sure Irvine will be out for revenge.
    I am so rooting for Chef Robert!

+ Reply to Thread