+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

I agree not exciting. Personally I like the dessert round. I have never eaten tofu, the desserts looked interesting.
    I the cooks had all gotten their oil started in time in the appetizer round I think the chicken would have been cooked. That should have been the #1 priority. The fireman put too much oil in the pot to start with.
    There's no place like home!

None of the meals seem worth $10,000 to me - it seems like just the "best of the worst" becomes the winner each week. I think the contestants in earlier seasons were stronger. I haven't been impressed by anyone this season. I think they're scouting farther & farther afield to get contestants who are simply willing to go on this show & they're getting people who think this is an easy way to win $10,000. Just my opinion.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3802651;
    One of the less exciting shows last night.

Do the judges enjoy putting themselves at risk for salmonella?

Who can REALLY be expected to prepare & FULLY cook chicken wings in 20 minutes? They are setting these people up to fail. Not cool.
    I agree that the contestants are set up to fail. As you mentioned, sometimes it's with insufficient cooking time for the meat.

They also set contestants up to fail by not having a fully stocked pantry. The contestants are given a freakishly weird combination of foods to cook with. That's hard enough. But then not to have corn oil or cornstarch on hand.... and I remember other times when there was no sour cream or
    no eggs.

I don't think I'm going to watch any more.

I think the chefs are not looking hard enough for the extra items. There has been many times we can see the item and the chef runs by. Not that the chefs are doing this on purpose, they are just excited, thinking of the next step, overwhelmed would be the word.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3803068;
    I think the chefs are not looking hard enough for the extra items. There has been many times we can see the item and the chef runs by. Not that the chefs are doing this on purpose, they are just excited, thinking of the next step, overwhelmed would be the word.
    I think this is exactly what happens. I also think that in being overwhelmed they often fail to take care of those items needing a longer cook time in the beginning. Chicken wings are a really good example of an item that oil should have gone on immediately after clock started and they should have been quickly prepped and put in to cook. They are doable in that amount of time but one would have to be incredibly quick thinker and on top of things.

Does anyone know what tofu tastes like?

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3803646;
    Does anyone know what tofu tastes like?
    Depends on who you ask....I don't think it has much taste. It sort of absorbs taste of whatever you might choose to use to prepare it. I'm not a tofu lover at all. About the only thing I've ever really appreciated it in is hot sour soup, so I'm probably not the best one to answer. On the other hand on the topic of tofu people have so incredibly varied opinions, mine is as valid as anyone elses.

I would like to try it, just have not had the guts. Maybe soon

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Deep fried and breaded tofu is good!
    Tofu pretty much tastes like whatever it is in. It doesn't have a lot of flavor of it's own. The consistancy reminds me of scrambled eggs.

The thing that is irritating me about this show is how the judges act. It seems like, no matter who they get, the judges act like primadonna jerks!

I know this is for $10,000 but I think the Judges could be a lot less condesending. Give the chefs pointers on how to improve. I would like to find out how the baskets are made up..some of the combinations are wild.

+ Reply to Thread