+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

I didn't get to see the episode, but am glad it came down to Lalia and Joey in the finals. Both are good chefs and fun to watch. I still remember when he nearly fainted (at least played it) when they announced him safe for grilling a simple - but CORRECT - grilled cheese sandwich with the veggie face on top. She also was fun to watch because she celebrated her successes and failures in a fun way.

I like Judy Gold as a comedian, but I don't know about her cooking so I can't say much. Would've rather she finished ahead of Johnny Weir though - he annoys the daylights out of me.

I enjoyed watching the athletes compete last night. They included Danica Patrick, Natalie Coughlin, Tiki Barber, and Chuck Zito. Zito is a boxer and the only one I didn't know.

Danica and Natalie were the final two with Danica winning. Both women were talented cooks. Danick had some culinary school training and Natalie is a cook healthy type who has her own garden and chickens.

Tiki was first out. You could tell he likes to cook, but didn't have the skills for this competition. Chuck was out second and he also struggled a bit.

Fun to watch.
    Kip likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I hear that Tek Moore, a former Hell's Kitchen early boot, was on the show and came in second.
    Allie likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I enjoyed watching the athletes compete last night. They included Danica Patrick, Natalie Coughlin, Tiki Barber, and Chuck Zito. Zito is a boxer and the only one I didn't know.

Danica and Natalie were the final two with Danica winning. Both women were talented cooks. Danick had some culinary school training and Natalie is a cook healthy type who has her own garden and chickens.

Tiki was first out. You could tell he likes to cook, but didn't have the skills for this competition. Chuck was out second and he also struggled a bit.

Fun to watch.
    I'll have to look for a rerun of that. I don't normally watched Chopped any more, but the celebrity ones are always fun.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Another "celebrity" edition of Chopped is schedule for Sunday night (December 1st)

Terri Hatcher (Desperate Housewives)
    Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island)
    Antonio Sabato Jr (General Hospital and Bold/Beautiful)
    Anthony Anderson (Law & Order and Guys with Kids)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched this show in a long time. It isn't enjoyable for me to watch food prepared from obscure ingredients. Guys Grocery Challenge is wearing thin on me, too. Boring to watch the limitations of only frozen food or the cereal isle, for example. I am glad I stopped by because I do like to watch celebrities on this show. They don't get as challenging ingredients so the dishes are more tolerable.

The main reason I watch it from time to time is that I am fascinated by how many food items or varieties I have never heard of. It boggles the mind.

I agree with Shoepie about Guy's Grocery Challenge starting to wear thin. I've never liked him anyway and the challenges are not very interesting and are becoming repetitive. Doubt I'll watch much longer, if at all.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Some of the ingredients the chefs have to use are beyond gross! I really like Ted Allen and usually only watch for him. I always feel ick-ed out when food isn't cooked thoroughly, especially meat. I've seen some pretty raw meat served. Barf. I've always wondered if the judges have gotten ill from the food on these cooking competition shows. Fun job, NOT!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The main reason I watch it from time to time is that I am fascinated by how many food items or varieties I have never heard of. It boggles the mind.
    I'm no where near a "chef" level of cooking and I'm certainly no "gourmet", but I really do like to eat. That being said, I whole-heartedly agree . . . . at least once an episode I'm googling an obcsure ingredient. They have gotten better telling us a LITTLE bit about the odd stuff, but it's not usually enough to satisfy my curiosity.

I hadn't realized just how ANNOYING Terri Hatcher's voice was until I watched this episode. Not a fan of hers, never really cared for Superman and I absolutely did not watch DH so I hadn't really "listened" to her before. Ugh! That sing-songy high-pitched tone had me reaching for the mute button.

As for Guy and his Grocery Games, I can't even stand the commercials/previews. The man has appeared to have lost the ability to speak with an "inside voice". I really don't need to be shouted at.
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Some of the ingredients the chefs have to use are beyond gross! I really like Ted Allen and usually only watch for him. I always feel ick-ed out when food isn't cooked thoroughly, especially meat. I've seen some pretty raw meat served. Barf. I've always wondered if the judges have gotten ill from the food on these cooking competition shows. Fun job, NOT!
    I like my meat well done, so I'm always aghast when, to me, a perfectly cooked piece of meat is considered overdone by they judges.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread