+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    oooh i saw that last night! omg, that nasty fruit they had in the first basket which they said smells like rotten meat, along with something like lime jello? ugh! all of the ingredients were really gross. one contestant complained about the viewers picking out such food. it was kind of funny in a sick way, though.
    The look on Amanda's face when she bit into the Vietnamese spring roll was priceless!
    Jezebella and tapper01 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

So Amanda was robbed in the Chopped All-Stars judges competition. Both she and Scott got to the dessert round. Amanda seemed to have better food in every round. The only exception being that her profiteroles in the dessert round were underdone. When critiquing their desserts, Scott was nodding his head, yes, as the judges told Amanda her profiteroles were underdone. Seemed arrogant to me. She should have won. So disappointed.
    tapper01 likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

It's always hard to tell from the heavily edited judges' comments, but I thought the judges liked Amanda's appetizer best and Scott's entree the best (Amanda's capon was overcooked). I missed hearing the judges' critique of Scott's dessert, so I don't know how his dessert stacked up against Amanda's profiteroles.

I was rooting for Scott to win. He was honest about his attitude and how he got it. He has been cooking since he was 11 and throughout the world since he was 15, he deserves to be cocky. I did want to see the red onions on his appetizer plate.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I was rooting for Scott to win. He was honest about his attitude and how he got it. He has been cooking since he was 11 and throughout the world since he was 15, he deserves to be cocky. I did want to see the red onions on his appetizer plate.
    I knew he would win. FN did a Chopped promo for this contest and kind of spilled the beans on who (at least 2) would be in the finals. I'm kind of bummed I know

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I knew he would win. FN did a Chopped promo for this contest and kind of spilled the beans on who (at least 2) would be in the finals. I'm kind of bummed I know
    I'm glad I didn't see the spoiler. I didn't go into it rooting for anyone, so I really enjoyed just watching how it played out. Well, I was slightly rooting against Guarnaschelli - I rooted for her in the Iron Chef competition - but was hoping another chef would come in with the win last night.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I was rooting for Alex - a personal favorite - but I think Scott will make the tougher opponent once the finale comes around.
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kip

Laila Ali won the Chopped All Stars celebrity week. Joey Fatone was second; Johnny Weir was third; Judy Gold was fourth. From what we saw, i agreed with the judges ranking. Loved Johnny Weir's posing at the time up mark - when time was called, instead of throwing both hands up into the air, he put one hand on his hip and the other in the air in 4th position (ballet), with his head turned to the side and his chin up. I was surprised at how well Johnny did. On Rachel vs Guy, he was usually a bit of a mess.

I also agreed with the judges' placement. Laila's dishes looked wonderful and I loved how she defended them.

Other than watching him skate, which is often a pleasure, I can't stand Johnny Weir. He's just annoying to me and so over the top with everything he says and does that he's painful to watch. Saying something to the effect of, "Gelatin contains the soul of the devil." I mean, really!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Johnny was a "bit" over the top, but his food looked pretty good. As he said, he cooks to stay thin, I can see enjoying his food as part of a healthy diet plan. I knew Laila would win, her food looked yummy.

+ Reply to Thread