+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3486379;
    I'd love to know what cooking school he went to, because one of the very FIRST things we were taught was when you taste anything, you use 2 spoons, using one to place whatever your tasting into the other spoon. You would get kicked out for the day if the Chef caught you doing anything unsanitary. I got kicked out for eating a piece of carrot while prepping. I never did that again! I STILL feel guilty when I do it in my own home!
    Did you see the culinary school teacher last night? She dropped her tongs and picked them up and kept using them in the first round, then kept double-dipping her tasting spoons in the second round, then she got chopped - thank goodness! She didn't take the lessons that am sure she is teaching at the school.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

It's funny, all my posts are about the gross things I have seen these Chopped chefs doing. And, here's another one. I watched an episode today and there is a chef who cut her finger really bad -dripping blood. She put a glove on for a minute, but it was bugging her, so she took it off and then she hand-tossed the salad with her bloody finger for the judges!!! Yuck! The judges refused to eat it and SHE HAD THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN that they wouldn't even try her salad! Thank goodness they chopped her! When they didn't chop the guy who dropped the meat, or the lady who dropped her tongs and kept using them, or the guy who kept double-dipping, or the guy who served his food with a hair on his plate because he wouldn't tie it back, I was starting to wonder exactly how low their cleanliness standards are! Ok, now we know - they won't eat your blood - almost anything else - but not your blood.

This show is so wacky. It seems each week this season they've got one competitor who is more-arrogant-than-thou and that's the one that gets his/her (usually his) comeuppance. There was the chef (sorry, names are a blur to me) who borderline cursed (or maybe actually did, I can't remember) and threw down his apron when he was chopped in the dessert round, and this past week's chef who COULD NOT TAKE CRITICISM even after he was chopped for not being able to take criticism!

Aside from that, I think it's interesting to watch the chefs think on their feet to create edible dishes in no time with wacky ingredients that don't normally go together.

I'm also glad Freitag is competing on another show this season so that we don't have to see her "oh, I would never do that" attitude when she's judging (and I hope she doesn't win the Next Iron Chef because I just don't think she's terrific). Also, Alex Guarnaschelli needs an attitude adjustment.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3745219;
    This show is so wacky. It seems each week this season they've got one competitor who is more-arrogant-than-thou and that's the one that gets his/her (usually his) comeuppance. There was the chef (sorry, names are a blur to me) who borderline cursed (or maybe actually did, I can't remember) and threw down his apron when he was chopped in the dessert round, and this past week's chef who COULD NOT TAKE CRITICISM even after he was chopped for not being able to take criticism!

Aside from that, I think it's interesting to watch the chefs think on their feet to create edible dishes in no time with wacky ingredients that don't normally go together.

I'm also glad Freitag is competing on another show this season so that we don't have to see her "oh, I would never do that" attitude when she's judging (and I hope she doesn't win the Next Iron Chef because I just don't think she's terrific). Also, Alex Guarnaschelli needs an attitude adjustment.
    Oh my.....I don't have cooties, either, but I certainly wouldn't serve a meal hoping no one would notice. Yeesh. After having seen that episode, I was making dinner for my daughter and her family he next day when I cut my finger. Boy did I ever run for the antiseptic, bandaids and gloves!! I mean, does one have to go to chef university to know that? Then she acted like she didn't even know. If the chefs/cooks on this show are as sloppy as they are, imagine what goes on in their kitchens! It makes me think twice before going out for meals. *shudder* (However if I had to prepare an eel that was still alive and moving, I might cut myself, too!)

I like watching the creativity these people come up with, though.

There is a huge ego line between the judges and cooks and some of those cooks don't seem to realize that - for example the one who said "I'd like to make you eat your words!" That was the kiss of death, pal.

As far as Judge Alex and Judge Amanda - I was put off by them at first, but now I think part of their off-putting-ness (yes, I do make up my own words) is edited in. When one of them - I think it was Alex - cried for the winner, I changed my view.

All that said - no way would I ever be able to face any of them without crumbling into a heap on the floor with the tiniest bit of criticism!

I've really been getting into the show. I watched the Chopped Champions rounds over the weekend when past winners came back to compete again for another $10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3745219;
    .... Also, Alex Guarnaschelli needs an attitude adjustment.
    You made my day!!

Did anyone watch this last night? The attitudes are getting out of control. I watch to see what kind of imagination the chefs have. I hope this is one show that does not think the viewers want all the drama, some is fine, but the chef last night was over the top. He should have been out first.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

I tried to watch, but got too tense after the large chef's blender exploded onto the blond guy. And the other chef to his right just wouldn't stop with the constant chatter. So who won?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Click to see Spoiler:
    The pony-tailed chef with the incredible eyes who was splashed by the blender mishap was the winner.

I agree about the attitudes. Especially with the talkative guy. He was a piece of work.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think Chef Keith had some very original ideas. I would love to be a guest judge to taste some of the things the chef's come up with.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread