+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    Penny is indeed delusional. Saffron she-devil! She kept bragging like she did something special. She kept making comments about how Jeffrey and Michael screwed up and now she would have all these bragging rights. For what? She didn't do anything. She didn't beat Michael. He got chopped because of something he did, not because of her great cooking. Ugh! She is so unbearable. Her bad rap that she got on NFNS continued on this show. Hope to never see her ago.
    I highly doubt she is getting a FN empire anytime in the near future. Of course, odder things have happened.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

A new Chopped All Stars started last night. The first round was two chefs from the Food Network (Jeff the Sandwich King & Sunny Anderson) and two from the cooking channel (I don't remember their names). Next Sunday it's 4 "mega chefs" including Elizabeth Faulkner. Then 4 judges (both Amanda Freitag & Alex Guarnaschelli are competing). Then 4 celebrities - Joey Fatone, Laila Ali, Johnny Weir (that's a joke - we saw on Rachel vs Guy that he can't cook anything with fat in it!), and Judy Gold (I have no idea who she is).

Judy Gold is a comedian. She was on a cake cooking contest show that the bakers/decorators had to make a cake of her life size. All I remember is she is very tall.
    There's no place like home!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Judy Gold is a comedian. She was on a cake cooking contest show that the bakers/decorators had to make a cake of her life size. All I remember is she is very tall.
    Oh...I remember that show/episode. There were two women comediennes. I think I know which one she was. I wonder if she can cook.

Yes that was the show, but I still have no idea what it was.
    Florimel likes this.

Did anyone watch the "viewer's choice" episode of Chopped last night? Yikes, the food that was chosen! I wouldn't want to eat most of it, I don't think the judges wanted to either.
    Jezebella likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

oooh i saw that last night! omg, that nasty fruit they had in the first basket which they said smells like rotten meat, along with something like lime jello? ugh! all of the ingredients were really gross. one contestant complained about the viewers picking out such food. it was kind of funny in a sick way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Yes that was the show, but I still have no idea what it was.
    I am thinking that the show was The Next Great Baker and the two teams had to bake a look-alike cake of Judy Gold and another comedienne whose name escapes me at the moment.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I am thinking that the show was The Next Great Baker and the two teams had to bake a look-alike cake of Judy Gold and another comedienne whose name escapes me at the moment.
    Yes that was it, Buddy from Cake Boss was the "host" for the show. He and his crew would decide who would stay, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    A new Chopped All Stars started last night. The first round was two chefs from the Food Network (Jeff the Sandwich King & Sunny Anderson) and two from the cooking channel (I don't remember their names). Next Sunday it's 4 "mega chefs" including Elizabeth Faulkner. Then 4 judges (both Amanda Freitag & Alex Guarnaschelli are competing). Then 4 celebrities - Joey Fatone, Laila Ali, Johnny Weir (that's a joke - we saw on Rachel vs Guy that he can't cook anything with fat in it!), and Judy Gold (I have no idea who she is).
    I'm hoping on the four judges one they do not make it a Freitag-Guarnaschelli final as a "rematch" of "The Next Iron Chef." They are both good chefs and have overall polite if not friendly airs about them. And honestly these "rival" finals just irritate me like they did with Robert and Anne a few years ago.

The four celebrities one will be hilarious - I'm hoping Weir is out first then the other three will be fun to watch I think. Fatone is a good chef, I liked Ali's attitude and Gold - if she can tone down the foul language here (she's funny but a little bit crass in this area), will have some wonderful zingers.

+ Reply to Thread