+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I haven't seen the entire episode, but sadly, I saw the very end. I am not sure I will bother watching.

Like Harmony said, she is the sacrificial one. She'll be gone in the first round when she's up against Symon and Saad and whoever else wins from the Judges Round (hoping it's Alex, but any of them will do)
    I think so too, I can't see Symon losing to her.
    Little Sew&Sew and sparklete like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Um... what? WHAT?!

I'm sorry, but I cannot see how in the heck Alex could have lost to Marcus, I just can't. Her meal seemed to be the superior one to me, just edging out Marcus. Ugh, this makes me mad! I guess right now I'm rooting for either Jeffrey or Michael to win, because I can't stand Marcus and I loathe Penny.
    Florimel likes this.

I agree, Rembrandt. Alex should definitely have won in my opinion.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

From what I saw, it seemed close. Alex won the appetizer round. Marcus seemed to have edged out Alex in the entree round. I didn't see all of the judges dessert comments. It seemed to me like it could go either way though (from the comments that we saw, anyway - who knows what we weren't shown).

I used to not like Alex - she always seemed so sour as a Chopped judge. But I grew to like her on the last Next Iron Chef show. And in this show, I liked how she was so touched by Chris Santos's story about his young cousin, and how she seemed sad for Chris and Marc when they were chopped (not that Marcus was gloating or anything, but I noticed Alex's reactions).

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I used to not like Alex - she always seemed so sour as a Chopped judge. But I grew to like her on the last Next Iron Chef show. And in this show, I liked how she was so touched by Chris Santos's story about his young cousin, and how she seemed sad for Chris and Marc when they were chopped (not that Marcus was gloating or anything, but I noticed Alex's reactions).
    I liked her reactions to the ingredients! She is very funny.

I have always like Alex and was sorry to see her go. I would have liked to have seen her go up against Michael Symon. I realize it is his to lose, but deep down I kind of would like to see him do just that. Knock him down a peg or 2.
    There's no place like home!

I love Alex.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I first became aware of Alex when she was on an episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate, talking about an apple tart that was so good she wanted to take the plate somewhere private and lick the remaining sauce off of it! A girl after my own heart. When dessert is good, it's GOOD!

I was wishing she'd have won as well, but with Marcus winning this round, it gives Symon some REAL competition. I predict Penny leaves first, followed by Jeffrey. Either remaining charity is worthy, but my heart wants Symon to succeed.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Well, one surprise and one not a surprise.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Well, one surprise and one not a surprise.
    Such a shame that Symon forgot to add the okra garnish. It made the rest of the show a bit of a snooze-fest as it was clear who was going to win. With Marcus clearly having the best appetizer and entree, the dessert round wasn't really needed.

The judges said if Michael Symon hadn't left off the okra, he wouldn't have been cut. I'm fine with that, but I don't understand why when that happens during the regular season, about half the time they seem to let the chef who didn't get an item on the plate stay. That drives me crazy - it seems like it should be a basic requirement that to continue to the next round, all items must make it to the plate (unless that happens to more than one competitor).

I thought it was odd having Chris Santos as a judge having just lost in a round competing against Marcus.

+ Reply to Thread