+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Chris (the extremely tall guy) won.

It was sad that he lost his restaurant, but . . . . insert my own personal rant here . . . . I always have to wonder if people who claim to not be able to find a job - at all - are really looking for "a job" or if they are looking for "a job like the last one they had". No, it isn't gourmet cooking, but isn't a paycheck from Applebee's better than no paycheck at all?
    I was wondering the same thing, surely he could get a job somewhere and get back on his feet. Maybe he is at an Applebee's but doesn't want to admit it??
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Chris (the extremely tall guy) won.

It was sad that he lost his restaurant, but . . . . insert my own personal rant here . . . . I always have to wonder if people who claim to not be able to find a job - at all - are really looking for "a job" or if they are looking for "a job like the last one they had". No, it isn't gourmet cooking, but isn't a paycheck from Applebee's better than no paycheck at all?
    Chris Nirschel won? Oh man, I can't stand that guy! I may have to skip this episode. He was so horrible on NFNS. He was worst than Penny!

Who is the one who lost their restaurant and was irresponsible enough to get his wife pregnant when he had no income? Is that Vince? I don't know who Vito is. I don't understand not being able to find a job. There are tons of chef jobs out there, granted they may not be top billing but a paycheck is a paycheck till you find the right job.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I think we are talking about two different CHOPPED shows.

Last night was just regular people.

The episode of All-Stars with the dreaded Chris person isn't on until Sunday.

It appears I have confuzzeled you!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The All Stars episode with Chris Nirschel doesn't air until Sunday.

The winner of the regular Chopped last night was Chef Kris Wessel.

I think we are talking about two different CHOPPED shows.

Last night was just regular people.

The episode of All-Stars with the dreaded Chris person isn't on until Sunday.

It appears I have confuzzeled you!
    Oh thank goodness! I was freaking out and was going to delete the episode. LOL maybe we should have started a new thread for the All-stars to make it less confusing. As long as Penny or Chris the DB don't win, it's all good.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

FORT Fogey

Penny was clearly going to win when I saw the line up. Though she was a bit much on NFNS, she is a good cook. Still not a serious contender given who else she will be up against in the finals though. I liked her last night; she learned from the criticism she got and shaped up very well.

My DVR did not record this episode for some reason. See? Even it didn't like her! I wasn't going to watch it once I read who had won elsewhere. I think she's just fodder anyways. It will be very satisfying watching Michael Symon take her out in the first round.
    Little Sew&Sew and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Chris Nirschel won? Oh man, I can't stand that guy! I may have to skip this episode. He was so horrible on NFNS. He was worst than Penny!

Who is the one who lost their restaurant and was irresponsible enough to get his wife pregnant when he had no income? Is that Vince? I don't know who Vito is. I don't understand not being able to find a job. There are tons of chef jobs out there, granted they may not be top billing but a paycheck is a paycheck till you find the right job.
    I thought the same exact thing!!! The solution to not being able to afford the child you have is to NOT have another child!!!
    Ok maybe I was over tired but I thought Penny won last night??? Still can not stand her...funny she was wearing sneakers instead of stillettos. Wasn't her show supposed to be able cooking in heels??
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I thought the same exact thing!!! The solution to not being able to afford the child you have is to NOT have another child!!!
    Ok maybe I was over tired but I thought Penny won last night??? Still can not stand her...funny she was wearing sneakers instead of stillettos. Wasn't her show supposed to be able cooking in heels??
    Yeah, I'm thinking that slipping and totally busting her butt while wearing those high heels may have made her change her mind.

So....did anybody notice that Penny is Middle Eastern? That Vic has a dead mama? That Justin is funny? And that Chris isn't a fool? No? Odd considering how many times they each said these things!!

I couldn't help myself, I went and found it and watched it. These cooks (and I say cooks because I don't think they should be called chefs) were a joke! They could barely boil water without ruining it. They really scraped the bottom of the barrel with this round. At least they will be easy outs for Symon. Many are betting that Siad (1st round winner and host of United Tastes of America. He was also a NFNS contestant but since he has a show, I guess he didn't go into the losers round) will also be an easy out, I think they shouldn't underestimate that guy. Although Symon is the King of the Challenges and will be close to impossible to beat.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I haven't seen the entire episode, but sadly, I saw the very end. I am not sure I will bother watching.

Like Harmony said, she is the sacrificial one. She'll be gone in the first round when she's up against Symon and Saad and whoever else wins from the Judges Round (hoping it's Alex, but any of them will do)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread