+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

I can understand using the feet to make stock, just as I would the liver or gizzards . . . . but I don't eat those either! My daughter has worked for a Chinese restaurant. During the winter, nearly everyone in the establishment had a cold. They made a big pot of chicken soup and she brought some home after her shift. They asked her the next day if she liked it. She told them (honestly) that she did. They seemed surprised, because, as they put it, most Americans don't like chicken stomach. So . . . . those thin white strips with the doughy consistency weren't noodles?????
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Was rooting for JEFFREY SAAD last night (personal favorite) but I would have been okay with Keagan winning since he had such a great charity.

Chicken feet . . . . seriously? How hungry to you have to be before chicken feet begin to sound appetizing?

Next week looks like former non-winning contestant from the last season of Next Food Network Star. My money is on Vic Vegas.
    Justin, tall and pierced... he could cook, but he didn't have a camera personality. If not him Vic, not Penny, please!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    When I was a child, my mother made chicken soup for the holiday and always put the feet in the pot with everything else. As I recall, she did clip the nails. She even ate the feet although I never did. I make the soup just as my mother did, but sans feet. Besides being delicious, it does have healing properties. My mother shopped at a butcher shop in New York, where you got whole chickens if you wanted them and all meats and poultry cut to order. She didn't shop at supermarkets in those days, but at a fruit and vegetable store for produce and a local grocer for the other goods. Those were the days.
    Yes, my mother did that too. We even had a man, Sam Lafada, who drove a produce truck around the neighborhood like an ice cream truck bell and all. Meat came from the butcher, bread from the bakery and milk was delivered in glass bottles.

I only sort of like Chopped. I enjoy watching food prepared that makes my mouth water and leap to look up the recipes online. I have made many things from Top Chef. This show is other and not designed to create this reaction, I get that. But I have reached the point where I do a lot of FFing. That is the precursor to me dropping a show from my DVR. I don't like many of the judges either. Alex and the guy who doesn't like raw onions, Scott, I think head the list.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Justin, tall and pierced... he could cook, but he didn't have a camera personality. If not him Vic, not Penny, please!
    My money is on Penny being the first one to be eliminated. I'm thinking it will be down to Vic and Justin. The 4th contestant (Chris) was ALMOST as annoying as Penny. That being said, I would be disappointed (but not surprised) if either one of the two I like least sticks around until the end purely for the drama.

I have had a rough day, please let Penny, then Vic be eliminated just so they are the 1st 2 gone I do not care what order.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

I do like the Celebrity version of this show and would like to see more of these. The regular chopped, not so much.

Last night's show was a real heartbreaker!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It would be intersting to know why the one chef lost his restaurant and has not been able to find a job the last 3 months.
    There's no place like home!

Who won? I want to know if I should bother watching it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Chris (the extremely tall guy) won.

It was sad that he lost his restaurant, but . . . . insert my own personal rant here . . . . I always have to wonder if people who claim to not be able to find a job - at all - are really looking for "a job" or if they are looking for "a job like the last one they had". No, it isn't gourmet cooking, but isn't a paycheck from Applebee's better than no paycheck at all?
    captain likes this.

+ Reply to Thread