+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 239
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    Morimoto would be the main reason I'd go and watch a Chopped All Stars. He is one of the ORIGINAL Iron Chefs (the ones in Japan, though the third Japanese chef for that show), and is quite fun to watch when confronted with very unusual foods.

    That said... his downfall would be if he tries sushi in that time frame or has some really extreme foods that aren't normally served in either country - he has had issues with some of these before.
    Allie likes this.

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,770

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Morimoto would be the main reason I'd go and watch a Chopped All Stars. He is one of the ORIGINAL Iron Chefs (the ones in Japan, though the third Japanese chef for that show), and is quite fun to watch when confronted with very unusual foods.

    That said... his downfall would be if he tries sushi in that time frame or has some really extreme foods that aren't normally served in either country - he has had issues with some of these before.
    I can see that, especially food that is odd or rare.
    Allie likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,356

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    I honestly thought I saw a commerical that showed Morimoto as competing on Chopped. Guess I was wrong
    There's no place like home!

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,770

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I honestly thought I saw a commerical that showed Morimoto as competing on Chopped. Guess I was wrong
    OH well... maybe next time.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #135
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    It was such a good idea, captain! I would LOVE him to be on chopped! Let's make it happen next season!!!

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    They have had an Iron Chef "Chopped" episode - with I think Flay, Cat, Batali and one of the "Next Iron Chef" stars (I think Symon, but it could've been the other two - ). I haven't seen this episode though.

    (BTW, the only winner of the "NIC" I've bothered to watch and care for is Symon - he has a better personality).
    Florimel likes this.

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey Gala62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hopefully near a spa
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    Last week's epi was the Iron Chef one and Michael Symon, Cat Cora, Jose Garces, and Mark Forgione competed. Garces out first, then Cat (darn! I love her), then Symon and Forgione in the dessert final with Symon winning this round.

    Gotta say, I'm very impressed with Michael Symon's ability to put together great flavors under this kind of pressure. The other chefs did very well also. It came down to little, picky things each elimination.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,770

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Last week's epi was the Iron Chef one and Michael Symon, Cat Cora, Jose Garces, and Mark Forgione competed. Garces out first, then Cat (darn! I love her), then Symon and Forgione in the dessert final with Symon winning this round.

    Gotta say, I'm very impressed with Michael Symon's ability to put together great flavors under this kind of pressure. The other chefs did very well also. It came down to little, picky things each elimination.
    It did look like everyone was doing well, so they had to find just the slightest things wrong....

    I watched regular Chopped Tuesday evening. I always try to guess who will go out and in what order. I was very surprised that the young woman who I thought would never make it, won and her food looked good!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #139
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,439

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    Was rooting for JEFFREY SAAD last night (personal favorite) but I would have been okay with Keagan winning since he had such a great charity.

    Chicken feet . . . . seriously? How hungry to you have to be before chicken feet begin to sound appetizing?

    Next week looks like former non-winning contestant from the last season of Next Food Network Star. My money is on Vic Vegas.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,933

    Re: Chopped - The Food Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Was rooting for JEFFREY SAAD last night (personal favorite) but I would have been okay with Keagan winning since he had such a great charity.

    Chicken feet . . . . seriously? How hungry to you have to be before chicken feet begin to sound appetizing?

    Next week looks like former non-winning contestant from the last season of Next Food Network Star. My money is on Vic Vegas.
    When I was a child, my mother made chicken soup for the holiday and always put the feet in the pot with everything else. As I recall, she did clip the nails. She even ate the feet although I never did. I make the soup just as my mother did, but sans feet. Besides being delicious, it does have healing properties. My mother shopped at a butcher shop in New York, where you got whole chickens if you wanted them and all meats and poultry cut to order. She didn't shop at supermarkets in those days, but at a fruit and vegetable store for produce and a local grocer for the other goods. Those were the days.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.