+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Morimoto would be the main reason I'd go and watch a Chopped All Stars. He is one of the ORIGINAL Iron Chefs (the ones in Japan, though the third Japanese chef for that show), and is quite fun to watch when confronted with very unusual foods.

That said... his downfall would be if he tries sushi in that time frame or has some really extreme foods that aren't normally served in either country - he has had issues with some of these before.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Morimoto would be the main reason I'd go and watch a Chopped All Stars. He is one of the ORIGINAL Iron Chefs (the ones in Japan, though the third Japanese chef for that show), and is quite fun to watch when confronted with very unusual foods.

That said... his downfall would be if he tries sushi in that time frame or has some really extreme foods that aren't normally served in either country - he has had issues with some of these before.
    I can see that, especially food that is odd or rare.
    Allie likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I honestly thought I saw a commerical that showed Morimoto as competing on Chopped. Guess I was wrong
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I honestly thought I saw a commerical that showed Morimoto as competing on Chopped. Guess I was wrong
    OH well... maybe next time.

It was such a good idea, captain! I would LOVE him to be on chopped! Let's make it happen next season!!!

They have had an Iron Chef "Chopped" episode - with I think Flay, Cat, Batali and one of the "Next Iron Chef" stars (I think Symon, but it could've been the other two - ). I haven't seen this episode though.

(BTW, the only winner of the "NIC" I've bothered to watch and care for is Symon - he has a better personality).
    Florimel likes this.

Last week's epi was the Iron Chef one and Michael Symon, Cat Cora, Jose Garces, and Mark Forgione competed. Garces out first, then Cat (darn! I love her), then Symon and Forgione in the dessert final with Symon winning this round.

Gotta say, I'm very impressed with Michael Symon's ability to put together great flavors under this kind of pressure. The other chefs did very well also. It came down to little, picky things each elimination.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Last week's epi was the Iron Chef one and Michael Symon, Cat Cora, Jose Garces, and Mark Forgione competed. Garces out first, then Cat (darn! I love her), then Symon and Forgione in the dessert final with Symon winning this round.

Gotta say, I'm very impressed with Michael Symon's ability to put together great flavors under this kind of pressure. The other chefs did very well also. It came down to little, picky things each elimination.
    It did look like everyone was doing well, so they had to find just the slightest things wrong....

I watched regular Chopped Tuesday evening. I always try to guess who will go out and in what order. I was very surprised that the young woman who I thought would never make it, won and her food looked good!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Was rooting for JEFFREY SAAD last night (personal favorite) but I would have been okay with Keagan winning since he had such a great charity.

Chicken feet . . . . seriously? How hungry to you have to be before chicken feet begin to sound appetizing?

Next week looks like former non-winning contestant from the last season of Next Food Network Star. My money is on Vic Vegas.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Was rooting for JEFFREY SAAD last night (personal favorite) but I would have been okay with Keagan winning since he had such a great charity.

Chicken feet . . . . seriously? How hungry to you have to be before chicken feet begin to sound appetizing?

Next week looks like former non-winning contestant from the last season of Next Food Network Star. My money is on Vic Vegas.
    When I was a child, my mother made chicken soup for the holiday and always put the feet in the pot with everything else. As I recall, she did clip the nails. She even ate the feet although I never did. I make the soup just as my mother did, but sans feet. Besides being delicious, it does have healing properties. My mother shopped at a butcher shop in New York, where you got whole chickens if you wanted them and all meats and poultry cut to order. She didn't shop at supermarkets in those days, but at a fruit and vegetable store for produce and a local grocer for the other goods. Those were the days.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread