+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

I usually don't like the sympathy card either but I really felt for her. She had second degree burns on her legs... could barely walk... was in obvious pain and she wouldn't stop because she really wanted to see her grandmother. Also the interaction between her and Lance was quite touching. There really was a sense of mutual respect and warmth between them, something missing on many of these competition shows.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Time to resurrect this thread, ya'll!

Tuesdays at 10pm/9c; Chopped All-Stars premieres Sunday, April 8 at 9pm/8c

Round One: (AKA The Battle of the Iron Chefs)
    Michael Symon: Autism Speaks
    Jose Garces: St. Christopher's Foundation for Children
    Cat Cora: Chefs for Humanity
    Marc Forgione: Feeding America

Round Two: (AKA The Battle of the Next Food Network Star Rejects + Keegan? LOL)
    Jeffrey Saad: Alexandria House
    Keegan Gerhard: Make-A-Wish Foundation
    Marcela Valladolid: Fundación Internacional de la Comunidad, A. C.
    Aarti Sequeira: Harvest Home

Round Three: (AKA The Battle of the Next Food Network Star Redux because evidently there are no other chefs out there)
    Chris Nirschel: The Initiative to Educate Afghan Women
    Justin Balmes: SafePath Children's Advocacy Center
    Penny Davidi: PATH Gramercy (People Assisting the Homeless)
    Vic "Vegas" Moea: St. Jude's Ranch for Children

Round Four: (AKA The Battle of the Chopped Judges)
    Alex Guarnaschelli: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
    Marc Murphy: City Harvest
    Chris Santos: Rett Syndrome Research Trust
    Marcus Samuelsson: C-CAP Careers Through Culinary Arts Program

Source: Chopped All-Star Charities : Chefs : Food Network

I am looking forward to this season, there are some great chefs in that mix and some totally WTF? chefs. I didn't realize that Jeffrey was actually a chef. I thought he was just the guy who went around sampling peoples food on United Tastes of America. I had completely forgotten that he was a runner-up on NFNS, I really like him. I also didn't realize that Keegan was actually a chef. I predict that rounds 1 & 4 chefs are going to wipe the floor with the ones from rounds 2 & 3. It almost seems unfair. And watch out for Alex, she lost out on Iron Chef and will be gunning for it. Also Marcus but I really don't care about him, so meh lol.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I can't wait!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm really looking forward to this too - especially Round 4. I love seeing Chopped judges have to work with the crazy ingredients and time pressure. Last year's All Stars is where I became impressed with Geoffrey Zakharian. Round 1 should be good too.

Actually, thinking back to last year's competition, all of the rounds were interesting with most of the chefs creating dishes that the judges really liked to eat.

Who's left of the Chopped judges to judge this one? I guess Amanda; and Geoffrey could come back. Okay... I just googled it. I forgot about Aarón. Judges this season are: Anne Burrell (competitor last season), Amanda Freitag, Aarón Sanchez (last season's winner).

Anne overload. There is just something I don't like about her. But the rest looks good.
    Uncle David and Harmony2000 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    ....Who's left of the Chopped judges to judge this one? I guess Amanda; and Geoffrey could come back. Okay... I just googled it. I forgot about Aarón. Judges this season are: Anne Burrell (competitor last season), Amanda Freitag, Aarón Sanchez (last season's winner).
    LOVE Aaron! I agree that it's been too much of Anne all the time, give us the viewers a break from her...please. Amanda: she can be such a mean, vindictive, and spiteful witch. She competed on Next Iron Chef, is that even fair? Will she take out her anger on the current Iron Chefs and those that competed against her? I'm already dreading her (could be because I already don't like her).

This is going to be a good all-starts. Can't wait for it to start! Plus I can't wait to see my boyfriend Marcus Samuelsson.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    [snipped] Amanda: she can be such a mean, vindictive, and spiteful witch. She competed on Next Iron Chef, is that even fair? Will she take out her anger on the current Iron Chefs and those that competed against her? I'm already dreading her (could be because I already don't like her).
    OMG, I don't even remember Amanda being on NIC. (Sorry, Harmony, I doubted you and googled it.) I can't recall a single thing about her on NIC .

Ann has the same issue in judging fellow contestants who were on NIC with her. Plus Guarnaschelli was a judge on the last Chopped All Stars when Ann got knocked out, so Ann could be gunning for her. I'm not saying that Ann or anyone else won't judge fairly; it's just for anyone not to let personal feelings come into the equation with something so subjective as taste.

Exactly, Kip. I think there is a very real danger of that happening with this season because some of these judges/contestants have too much of a past history between them. I remember Amanda from her times on Chopped as a judge. She just struck me as one who took the biting comments and the you-know-what face a bit too far. I can only imagine how far she would go if she had personal reasons for not liking the person.

I think it will be interesting with Anne Burrell as a judge. I like Arron Sanchez. Amanda...really do not care about.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread