+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

Before tonight's episode aired, I thought Aaron or Ann would win, but I think Nate as the winner was the right call. I thought Ann might be the one to go the first round because, though the judges liked her trio of crostini, it seemed too simple and the ingredients weren't really integrated (especially with the potato chips sprinkled on top of each one).

In the first show, Robert lost the dessert round to Ann because he made a chocolate pot de creme that, while the judges said it was divine, it didn't highlight the ingredients. I thought that Aaron's chocolate cake had the same problem (and was dry besides). I thought the judges might favor Aaron and give him the win anyway, but to their credit, they seemed very fair. I loved seeing Nate's little boy at the end.

FORT Fogey

I was disappointed that Aaron or Ann did not win but the judging made sense. Cakes are always dry and Aaron certainly knew the risk of over baking. Ann and her tomatoes! That is her go to food. I knew she was gone when she used tomato paste. Great show. I would have liked to have seen all the judges participate, especially Alex and Scott. They are so rude!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    [snipped] I would have liked to have seen all the judges participate, especially Alex and Scott. They are so rude!
    I so agree with you.

I think Alex has mellowed out, but Scott's becoming more raging the more time passes. Even Aaron has his douche moments.

I wonder when new episodes will come, and hope they're better than that tournament finale. Out of all the contestants n that tournament, Nate Appleman was the only one I didn't want to see win anything, and he up and wins the whole thing? Ugh! I remember him from next Iron Chef and what a disgusting jerk he was. I know he was doing it for charity and all, but call me fickle, I can't stand the guy. I hate it when the smug jerks win in Chopped, and there's a smug jerk in almost every single episode. But it's nice to see how often the jerks get shot down, at least.

FORT Fogey

I watch this show but it is not on my short list. I don't care for Tom's hosting style and I am getting tired of the obscure ingredients. I get that it is the entire premise of the show but the novelity has worn off, especially the dessert basket.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I watch this show but it is not on my short list. I don't care for Tom's hosting style and I am getting tired of the obscure ingredients. I get that it is the entire premise of the show but the novelity has worn off, especially the dessert basket.
    Tom? Do you mean Ted Allen?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    Tom? Do you mean Ted Allen?

Yes.

Did anybody see tonight's episode of Chopped? It was one of their usual episodes were previous contestants who didn't win return. It had the classic contestants who made it all the way to the end, except for one lady, who was eliminated on the first round for managing to plate only one dish out of four, but her flavors had turned out so amazing.

This episode was a doozy. One of the contestants, Yoanna, had a really bad slip and fall in the kitchen on the entree round, spilling boiling hot water on her legs. She assured everyone she was okay and continued on, even when she got checked and was told she has second degree burns on her legs. In this episode and her original one, she was highly determined to win so she could use the prize money to visit her beloved grandmother in France, who was ill. She makes it to the dessert round, along with Lance, an Asian man, devoutly religious, creative in his cooking, and very nice guy overall. I had pegged Yoanna for the win, I really had, I thought she had the best meal overall on the three courses, and after everything she went through, I wanted her to win. But then Lance stops her, telling her that he truly had not expected to win, and he offers to pay her for the plane tickets so she can go see her grandma.

Yeah, everybody got pretty emotional in there. Heck, even my mom and me got all choked up and teary-eyed, it was just a really great moment.

Wow. That sounds like a really emotional episode. I really enjoy this show and I love when good things like that happen.

FORT Fogey

I never like it when a contestant brings in a sob story. So many of them claim their dead relative is there with them or they want to make them proud. I think it is better to leave that out of this show. It is a religious belief that not everyone shares.

This woman wanted to go see her sick grandmother so it was a little different, but still. Her grandmother was sick the last time she was on. How sick can she be? That show was last year. I just don't like the sympathy card.

+ Reply to Thread