+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Chopped - The Food Network

Re: Chopped - The Food Network

This recent episode was a fun one, and I think one of the most successful ones ever. The negatives were so very few, and the judges were all so delighted. I was glad Duff went early, I never liked him. And while I normally like Anne, she's getting pretty obnoxious lately.

I love Claire Robinson and her show, I just adore the idea of just 5 ingredients or less, and it was great to see her do well in this show. I was bummed that the one mistake of cooking the rack of venison whole instead of slicing it before cooking it cost her. And yet considering that, it still seemed that had she served Alex's piece of meat and sauce, Anne would have been the one eliminated. Goes to show that just one tiny thing can cost you in this show.

I was expecting the final two to be Anne and Robert before the show started. I do like Anne and a lot of her dishes, and I think her strong personality is what brought her up from Mario's sous chef status.

I like a lot of Robert's dishes, too, but I can't help but remember that he was initially dropped from food network because he "embellished" the credentials on his resume when he was hired. They replaced him on Dinner Impossible with Mike Symon for a while, but I guess all was eventually forgiven and they brought him back.

I also like Claire's show, but she just doesn't have the professional technique of Anne or Robert.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I like a lot of Robert's dishes, too, but I can't help but remember that he was initially dropped from food network because he "embellished" the credentials on his resume when he was hired. They replaced him on Dinner Impossible with Mike Symon for a while, but I guess all was eventually forgiven and they brought him back.
    I think he also embellished in the book he wrote. But I'm glad he is back on Dinner Impossible. I stopped watching with Symon.

To the Point

Until Anne was on Chopped I didn't realize that she was so fierce in the kitchen. The other chefs really respected her abilities. She is really calm under pressure.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Until Anne was on Chopped I didn't realize that she was so fierce in the kitchen. The other chefs really respected her abilities. She is really calm under pressure.
    I wish Anne and Robert would have been in separate heats so they could have faced off in the finale. I think either of them would have won the competition among the chefs on the episode this last Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    She really is good and what a tough competitor!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Last night was fun to watch. I like Aaron, but would have liked to see Geoffery win and then lose to Anne (can you tell I am not a Geoffery fan) I wonder why no one had tried a souffle before. The duck dishes looked so good.
    There's no place like home!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Last night was fun to watch. I like Aaron, but would have liked to see Geoffery win and then lose to Anne (can you tell I am not a Geoffery fan) I wonder why no one had tried a souffle before. The duck dishes looked so good.
    The round with Robert and Anne - and last night's with the judges - Wow!!! Those chefs are a level or more above the others. All of those dishes looked amazing. I thought the judges would give the win to Geoffrey because of the fish bones Aron had in one of his dishes - on most Chopped shows, that's enough to send someone home. I had seen Aron cook on the Next Iron Chef show. I knew Geoffrey had good credentials, but I enjoyed seeing him in action.

I saw Geoffrey on Iron Chef once, cannot remember who he went up against, but he lost. It was an old show
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

I loved watching the judges compete, very entertaining. I am glad Aaron won, though I liked all of those judges. I would love to see Alex up there, what a rude, sour puss that one! The man who hates red onions is another I would like to see taken down a notch with those in his basket.

+ Reply to Thread