+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shark Tank (ABC)

FORT Fogey

Re: Shark Tank (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    One of my favourite shows. Very similar to Dragons' Den, although Shark Tank focuses more on the negotiation of the deals than DD does. One thing that bothers me is when a shark makes an offer, then says that in order for the offer to remain valid, the pitcher isn't allowed to even listen to offers from any of the other sharks.
    That bugs me, too. It's very unfair when they tell people to accept the offer immediately without hearing any other offers, or their offer will go away. It's a huge decision to have to make in seconds. These businesses may be small potatoes to the sharks, but they mean everything to the owners. Some people are allowed to hear all offers, while others are not - I'm not sure why. Now they have started to discourage people from going out in the hall to discuss it or to call someone, warning them that things will likely change in the tank when they get back. I know they have to move the show along, but it just seems very nasty, especially when they accuse people of being indecisive and therefore a bad business risk.
    holly71 and Baby's Breath like this.

Doesn't Lori have another outfit?? She wears that same blue dress every week. I know they tape several episodes in a day but change that damn dress!!!
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

I've noticed that too with Lori. I've now questioned how many episodes is taped at a time because I'm certain she's worn that one dress all season

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    jucamer likes this.

That's true for all the sharks though (and for the dragons on Dragons' Den). Barbara has 1 or 2 dresses that she wears all season, and the male sharks are always wearing the same outfit episode to episode.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    That's true for all the sharks though (and for the dragons on Dragons' Den). Barbara has 1 or 2 dresses that she wears all season, and the male sharks are always wearing the same outfit episode to episode.
    Really? I only noticed Lori I guess because I hate that dress!

I guess I am in the minority 'cause I like that dress. LOLOLOLOL!
    I do wonder how many epi's are filmed in a single day and if they rotate the sharks through out the tapings?

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Really? I only noticed Lori I guess because I hate that dress!

I've noticed the same dresses on the women as well and suspect it may be done so the production staff can "cut and paste" episodes together, based on time constraints. It would be jarring to have one show with many clothing changes. Sharks is one of my favorite shows, and I get a kick out of seeing some of the products in the marketplace or catalogs long after the shows have aired. It's nice to know so many of these entrepreneurs are doing so well.
    jucamer likes this.

I agree; that's probably why they do it. It's less noticeable when the guys wear the same outfit as they're wearing suits (or shirts and jackets) in neutral colours.

The guy with the anti-aging thing tonight really blew it. Had he not wanted to "pull the product to improve it" he may have had 4 or 5 offers from the sharks, since his business itself was making a lot of money. I really didn't like the pitchers at the end with the eco-friendly "party supplies". They were really annoying, and were playing up the party angle waaaaay too much. It seemed a little unprofessional when they threw a little "party" in the tank, and was honestly pretty awkward with the hats and such. When they were first talking about their business in the segment before the pitch, I thought their company would be party planning or something due to the focus on parties, and then it's eco-friendly tableware. As Kevin would say, "there's nothing proprietary about this business." They didn't get a very good offer, but having debt (and a business that's not unique) really hurt them.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345