+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shark Tank (ABC)

Re: Shark Tank (ABC)

I thought that family seemed too much. Too good to be true, too polished, too rehearsed, etc. When they brought their idea up I was wondering how the heck they were going to be able to patent that because I know I've heard of it/seen it before. Maybe not specifically with the idea of bracelets, but that wouldn't be enough to get them the patent. I'm glad the deal is patent-dependent.

FORT Fanatic

i missed the first part of the family, but did see that wacky guy who couldn't/wouldn't answer a question. for the first time with this show, i thought the inventor person was an actor. surely he wasn't "real".

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I LOVE this show! But, I wish Mark Cuban were still taking a seat in the tank. However, sometimes I think that the "sharks" are overly ruthless.

I don't think the family were "acting", just that they'd rehearsed their presentation over and over and over again.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

watching tonight for the first time. It is interesting. The sharks give good insight but many times are just mean.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Yeah, "Mr. Wonderful", especially, can be mean. Sometimes the "meanness" may be the brutal truth - especially when investment seekers put a crazy valuation on their company.

Many of the people who don't end up getting a deal from the sharks get a boost after the show. They're essentially getting a 10-min commercial on a national network.
    holly71 and Punkin like this.

Nobody posted in this thread for almost 3 years?!? Wow. We watch this show every week. I didn't even know there was a thread for it till today.
    jucamer likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

One of my favourite shows. Very similar to Dragons' Den, although Shark Tank focuses more on the negotiation of the deals than DD does. One thing that bothers me is when a shark makes an offer, then says that in order for the offer to remain valid, the pitcher isn't allowed to even listen to offers from any of the other sharks.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I have this entire season on Dvr but haven't watched yet. I need to catch up

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I like the show. Definitely a love/hate thing going on. I do like Mark and Mr. Herjovic the best. Oh and Laurie. Love to hate on Mr. Wonderful. I don't love how greedy they can be. Wanting to take 25-50% equity of small businesses is nuts!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    One of my favourite shows. Very similar to Dragons' Den, although Shark Tank focuses more on the negotiation of the deals than DD does. One thing that bothers me is when a shark makes an offer, then says that in order for the offer to remain valid, the pitcher isn't allowed to even listen to offers from any of the other sharks.
    I hate when they do that too. If they did that to me, I'd wonder if they really had my best interests in mind. Robert & Mark are my favorites. Then Laurie, Barbara, Damon, & then in a distant last, Mr. Not So Wonderful. Alhough every once in a while I enjoy when he rips into someone that I think is being a moron about their valuation. 😁
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast