+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Shark Tank (ABC)

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Re: Shark Tank (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    Glad to see Chris Sacca back. Shark Tank didn't announce any guest sharks for this season,
    so I thought there weren't any. TBH, I'd rather see the sharks sniping at each other after the pitch,
    rather than during the pitch and being a distraction while a deal is being made...
    So in last nights episode the $100 million deal mark was reached during the 8th season of Shark Tank.
    Ratings have dropped some 25% since last season, so it makes me wonder if the show will make it to the $200 million mark?

Anyway, Chris Sacca has been in at least a couple episodes this season.
    I hope he becomes a regular fill-in as he's been a good addition to the show...

VIEWER ALERT: Next weeks show (3/3) starts at 8pm instead of 9pm...
    Last edited by etching; 02-25-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    Anyway, Chris Sacca has been in at least a couple episodes this season.
    I hope he becomes a regular fill-in as he's been a good addition to the show...
    Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen now that Chris Sacca has announced that he is retiring from venture capital

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/tech/...lls-it-Quits--
    Sacca wrote Wednesday that he is "hanging up my spurs" after he rediscovered a notebook with entries he had written back in his 20s. In it, the younger Sacca had said he planned to retire at age 40. "In a matter of days, I'm going to be 42 years old," Sacca said. "Two years late."
    "I succeeded at venture capital because, for years, I rarely thought about or spent time on anything else. Anything less than that unmitigated full commitment leaves me feeling frustrated and ineffective," Sacca said. "As you've heard me say on the show, if I'm not all in, I'm out."
    Sacca said he's leaving ABC's "Shark Tank" this season, since he can't do the show while also keeping to his promise to stop investing in new companies, CNBC reported.

Wow, I loved the LovePop winner cards for the Billboard Music Awards - that's so cool! And their sales have gone crazy - 8 million, did he say?? Wow. I remember when they were on to get their deal, and thought it was an expensive but cool gimmick. Guess I'm not their target audience, obviously! It's working for them, and that awards show deal is very cool.
    etching likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I was in Quincy Market in Boston a couple weeks ago and they had a LovePop table set up in the main dining area. The cards were very cool, but all cost $10 to $15. For that price, you'd want to be sure the person really enjoys cards and displays it for a while... Does seem cool about the Billboard Awards featuring LovePop cards.

They also have a permanent table at South Station. I thought the cards were pricey at first, but considering the costs of Hallmark, I rethought about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I was in Quincy Market in Boston a couple weeks ago and they had a LovePop table set up in the main dining area. The cards were very cool, but all cost $10 to $15. For that price, you'd want to be sure the person really enjoys cards and displays it for a while... Does seem cool about the Billboard Awards featuring LovePop cards.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

It could easily have been so much worse.

Shark Tank's Daymond John Reveals Thyroid Cancer Diagnosis
    Last edited by val123elephant; 05-10-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    They also have a permanent table at South Station. I thought the cards were pricey at first, but considering the costs of Hallmark, I rethought about it!
    I had an add on facebook for them didn't know they were from here and I bought a couple cards (one for mother's day and one for her birthday). They're really nice cards. I could have got a $5 generic hallmark card. But these are just really cool.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    It was important that LovePop scored a deal with Mr. Wonderful. Because who's willing to pay an arm and a leg for cards?
    Wedding folks...And Mr. Wonderful already has a portfolio of companies aimed at the wedding industry so he has the customer base.
    Great move to score a deal with the BBMAs...I hope that LovePop gets an on-air plug (or a credit mention)...

VIEWER ALERT: Shark Tank moves to Sundays at 9pm next Fall!
    It's not the first time, Shark Tank premiered on Sundays back in 2009.

Guest Stars for Season 9:

Richard Branson: Investor, Philanthropist and Virgin Group Founder

Sara Blakely: Founder and Owner of Spanx

Bethenny Frankel: Skinnygirl Founder and Bestselling Author

Rohan Oza: Iconic Brand-Builder Behind Bai, Vitaminwater and Smartwater

Alex Rodriguez: Legendary Baseball Player and Founder & CEO of AROD Corp

Breaking News - ABC's "Shark Tank," Renewed for a Ninth Season, Announces Blockbuster Slate of Guest Sharks | TheFutonCritic.com
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

That's too bad. They'll lose me as a viewer on many Sunday nights as there are other shows I like better already on Sunday evenings.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread