+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shark Tank (ABC)

Re: Shark Tank

I ended up watching last night for lack of anything else to watch. Like Dragon's Den (I watch the CBC version too) I wonder why some of the people go on the show and refuse to work with the investors like the life belt guy. He would do infinitely better selling to car companies. But oh well.

I like the honesty on Dragon's Den about the products and liked the honesty on this show too like the guy with the shirts who is just another face in the crowd of shirt makers or the lady with that sticky note deal.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Yeah, I didn't get the seat belt guy's refusal to listen to anything. Didn't one of the sharks offer him $1M for his patent? That's straight-up cash right now for his invention. Maybe he thinks he's going to make much more than that on his own. And how much overhead does the jam lady have? She wasn't making much even though the company had over $700k in sales. Did anyone think the stick note holder lady looked a lot like Bobby Lee from Mad TV?

I think the guy with the seat belt's biggest issue was that he was so unrealistic. He could have shopped that patent around to automakers on his own and probably made some money but he didn't. I don't know that that many people where I live would drop $250 to have someone install that stuff into their cars so his business model at this point is going to really limit him.

The jam lady was only turning a profit of about $15k a year (projected).

FORT Fan

I posted on the other thread but this show's new season began Fridgay night 1/8/09. I missed half of it because I forgot about it.

Today (Saturday 1/9 I'm watching reruns of past shows on ABC

Nancy

Or, I'm about 100% positive "Tank" is also on Hulu (for those who aren't broadband handicapped).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan

I see in the TV Guide that Shark Tank is on tonight. No advanced promos that I saw but I'm glad it's back

Nancy

FORT Fan

I tuned in and it wasn't on at 8pm when it was listed in TV guide and at 9 I had to watch SYTYCD so don't know if it was on at 9 or just not on at all.

Nancy

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;3985413;
    I tuned in and it wasn't on at 8pm when it was listed in TV guide and at 9 I had to watch SYTYCD so don't know if it was on at 9 or just not on at all.

Nancy
    Yeah, it was listed in our tv program, but WipeOut was actually on.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3986287;
    Yeah, it was listed in our tv program, but WipeOut was actually on.
    The same thing happened again last night. It's very frustrating. Especially the fact that it was Wipeout that was on. I mean, if something actually interesting were on, I wouldn't be so pi$$ed.

New season starts tonight, it's going to spend a few weeks in Desperate Housewives' Sunday time slot.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast