Closed Thread
Page 7 of 285 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

I have really debated on writing this post and i don't want to cause a problem and MODS if you feel it will please remove...like I said I had never watched the show until this past weekend and I was amazed at the verbal/emotional and some physical abuse I have seen Kate heap upon Jon..and we now know TLC has ordered 40 more episodes...people everywhere are talking about this on message boards on tv and we are hearing time and time again this is NOT good for the children and I was thinking maybe we should start calling...writing...and emailing their county DFACS office...now in NO WAY am I suggesting the children be removed...I am just saying I feel that these are the only people who could put a stop to the cameras....I just think that if they watched some episodes and saw how Kate treated Jon in front of their children and how much she favors the girls over the boys going as far as telling the boys they are icky, dirty and nasty. Even in this most recent episode you can see how she treated her son by yelling at him when he tried to talk to her while she was eating..and then again at the birthday party he kept trying to talk to her and she ignored him til one of the other mothers pointed it out and she saw she was being filmed.

I will be honest IMO in saying that the only real affection I have seen these children receive has been from their father...IMO Kate shows affection when the camera's are rolling..and even then if you look closely you can see that the kids look bewildered because they are not use to real affection from her..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3472136;
    Neither of them is verbalizing it with specifics, so everything that people know is from second hand reports and speculation.

Jon has been caught by tabloids on a few occasions out partying with people, including a young woman whose been present each time. The young woman's brother sold a story to Us Magazine confirming that the two are having an affair. Whether he sold that story because its the truth or because it could make him a lot of money, is left for each to judge on his or her own. Jon has admitted publicly to not making smart decisions in their marriage, and has said he did not cheat, but that's the extent of what he's revealed.

Kate has been travelling more and more promoting her books, show, and self, leaving more time with Jon at home with the kids without her. She also has a history, as shown on the show, of taking out her frustration and stress on Jon through yelling, complaining, blaming, etc. There have been accusations made in some tabloids that Kate is also having an affair, with the bodyguard who travels with her. However, unlike the pictures of Jon with the girl he's allegedly linked to, there's no evidence to indicate that there's any relationship between Kate and the bodyguard beyond that of a normal bodyguard.

Many of the reports and discussion about them has to be taken with a grain of salt, I think. There are those reality stars who, for whatever reason, evoke great passion of both love and hatred among some people. Kate Goesslin is one of those people. So, in addition to the adoring fans who will buy every book she puts out, there are also those devoted to slamming her, and taking her down. Some have gone to extremes such as filing complaints with child protective services, etc. So it's hard to tell from the sidelines what comes out because its truth, and what comes out because of the over-exuberance of fans.
    You said exactly what I was thinking. We are all just speculating....no one really knows the whole truth. My gut feeling is that the brother sold his sister out to US Weekly for money, and concerns for her was never a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3472485;
    I have really debated on writing this post and i don't want to cause a problem and MODS if you feel it will please remove...like I said I had never watched the show until this past weekend and I was amazed at the verbal/emotional and some physical abuse I have seen Kate heap upon Jon..and we now know TLC has ordered 40 more episodes...people everywhere are talking about this on message boards on tv and we are hearing time and time again this is NOT good for the children and I was thinking maybe we should start calling...writing...and emailing their county DFACS office...now in NO WAY am I suggesting the children be removed...I am just saying I feel that these are the only people who could put a stop to the cameras....I just think that if they watched some episodes and saw how Kate treated Jon in front of their children and how much she favors the girls over the boys going as far as telling the boys they are icky, dirty and nasty. Even in this most recent episode you can see how she treated her son by yelling at him when he tried to talk to her while she was eating..and then again at the birthday party he kept trying to talk to her and she ignored him til one of the other mothers pointed it out and she saw she was being filmed.

I will be honest IMO in saying that the only real affection I have seen these children receive has been from their father...IMO Kate shows affection when the camera's are rolling..and even then if you look closely you can see that the kids look bewildered because they are not use to real affection from her..
    No one can dispute what has been captured on film and has been seen by millions of viewers. According to Kate's brother, Kevin....the TLC production crew would complain that after filming for 8 hours, they could only get 15 minutes of usable footage because of all the arguing between Jon and Kate. I think the best thing for the children is for someone to intervene and put a stop to the show.

Regarding the affection or lack of it she shows for her boys..... A party attendee reported that the producers of the show told Colin to approach Kate and say "thank you" for the party so they could capture a rare tender moment between mother and son. Did you notice it took 3 times to say thank you before his mother acknowledged him? The same parent said that Kate was talking to producers right before she went up and kissed the children as they were sitting on the bench posing for their last family photo. Either Kate is not an affectionate person by nature or something is holding her back because she seemed to be much more affectionate during the first two seasons. Also, in the video where Jon gives her an engagement ring, she is very affectionate with him and said "we used to be that affectionate couple that everyone hated". During the "Gosselins Go Green" episode, Steve Thomas gave Kate a hug and she was as stiff as a board.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for fertility treatments? She said that she was diagnosed with PCOS and underwent IUI treatments to become pregnant with the twins. I always thought that doctors wanted you to try to conceive naturally for one year prior to undergoing fertility treatments.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3472641;
    No one can dispute what has been captured on film and has been seen by millions of viewers. According to Kate's brother, Kevin....the TLC production crew would complain that after filming for 8 hours, they could only get 15 minutes of usable footage because of all the arguing between Jon and Kate. I think the best thing for the children is for someone to intervene and put a stop to the show.

Regarding the affection or lack of it she shows for her boys..... A party attendee reported that the producers of the show told Colin to approach Kate and say "thank you" for the party so they could capture a rare tender moment between mother and son. Did you notice it took 3 times to say thank you before his mother acknowledged him? The same parent said that Kate was talking to producers right before she went up and kissed the children as they were sitting on the bench posing for their last family photo. Either Kate is not an affectionate person by nature or something is holding her back because she seemed to be much more affectionate during the first two seasons. Also, in the video where Jon gives her an engagement ring, she is very affectionate with him and said "we used to be that affectionate couple that everyone hated". During the "Gosselins Go Green" episode, Steve Thomas gave Kate a hug and she was as stiff as a board.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for fertility treatments? She said that she was diagnosed with PCOS and underwent IUI treatments to become pregnant with the twins. I always thought that doctors wanted you to try to conceive naturally for one year prior to undergoing fertility treatments.
    no one can dispute what has been captured on film and broadcast. However, what has been captured on film and broadcast does not tell the entire story of a family -- it shows only what has been edited for entertainment. As none of the "unused" footage that you cite has ever been viewed, no one knows whether the reports of fights, producers intervening, etc are true.

Kate covered in their book, and in her talks, the reasons that exceptions were made in their case for fertility treatments. They sought treatment early for fear that Kate could not conceive, and due to the problems she has, the doctors chose not to stick to things like trying for a year, waiting until they were older, etc. Their age led them to fertility, actually. The initlaly sought to adopt, but were turned down because they were too young. Keep in mind that guidelnes for fertility treatments are just that -- guidelines. Individual doctors have some discretion in making exceptions to those guidelines for individual circumstances.

I admit to having watched the first new show. And I was disgusted by Kate. She's a heartless, cruel, unfeeling witch. I've watched that show from day one, and in the last several years, I've seen her go from a "my children are my life" mom to a "look the other way and say what's required to appease" mom. At the birthday party, I think it was Joel, who came up to her and said "thank you for my party mommy". But Kate was ignoring him and looking off in the distance, not paying any attention to him whatsoever. He had to say it twice. Well, I'm done with the show. I won't watch any more. Tough beans if it crashes and burns around them. There's an old saying about what goes around comes around, and she has it coming back in spades.
    Oh and did anyone notice that she tried to give the dogs away at the book signing? She's pathetic.

I read in an interview with Kate's brother & wife that Mommy Dearest wants to be a talk show host.

Bleech.

FORT Fogey

I'm so glad this thread is back. I need a place to vent. Every season, I've tried watching the series, and every season I fail. I honestly can't stomach the crappy treatment Kate heaps on Jon enough to go through a whole cycle. It is too disturbing. I have, however, tuned in enough to know what I think, and I'm thrilled that it is all coming to light - for all involved, Jon, Kate, the viewing public, and TLC.

The inevitable divorce is the the best thing that could happen to the two of them and more than likely, the best thing that can happen for the kids.

The next best thing would be to take the show off the air. The older girls are at an age where all this will come back to them, and it will be very difficult to deal with.

Reading the latest info online and in US magazine (which I never read, but couldn't resist for this story), Kate has burned every single bridge possible. She pissed on her own fathter, brother, best friend, Jon's family, babysitters, neighbors, fans AND TLC staff! I hate to say it, but it almost sounds as if she's brushing off her kids as well. She is on the road all the time and has turned parenting over to hired help - and Jon.

Not a single soul likes this woman anymore. Even her brother and sister-in-law sympathize with Jon - not Kate. They can't all be wrong - or lying.

It kills me to watch her get spa treatments when I think back to the days when she wasn't sure how they'd afford 8 kids. For all they've recieved over the years, they never seem to give anything back. I have yet to see them donate money or time in a meaningful way to others. I don't understand how it is that people continue to support this woman - she is a selfish, fame/money whore and a mean person to boot.

And, while she is a good mother where the "basics" are concerned, i.e. food, shelter, clothing, minding manners, she gets fails as a mother on every other level. I have NEVER seen her actually play with the kids or interact with them on a personal level. The older girls don't even seem to be able to look at her in the eye. Kate is a drill sergeant - not a mother.

If they do get a divorce, I'd like to see the kids go with Jon. He at least seems to enjoy the kids. I like to hear him talk about when he plays with them; he enjoys them!

FORT Fan

I admit that I only watched this show so I could see what the hype was about (and because I read way too many gossip magazines). I feel very bad for the kids to have to grow up with cameras in their faces. Whether or not Jon cheated....either way, I feel bad for him by the way Kate treats him.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3472675;
    no one can dispute what has been captured on film and broadcast. However, what has been captured on film and broadcast does not tell the entire story of a family -- it shows only what has been edited for entertainment. As none of the "unused" footage that you cite has ever been viewed, no one knows whether the reports of fights, producers intervening, etc are true.

Kate covered in their book, and in her talks, the reasons that exceptions were made in their case for fertility treatments. They sought treatment early for fear that Kate could not conceive, and due to the problems she has, the doctors chose not to stick to things like trying for a year, waiting until they were older, etc. Their age led them to fertility, actually. The initlaly sought to adopt, but were turned down because they were too young. Keep in mind that guidelnes for fertility treatments are just that -- guidelines. Individual doctors have some discretion in making exceptions to those guidelines for individual circumstances.
    Veruka - Thank you for clarifying, I did not read the book nor do I ever plan to. It's interesting that she was given fertility treatment for "fear" should could not conceive... I still think it is a little odd that any well respected, board certified doctor would treat a such a young couple (24 & 22) simply because they "feared" they couldn't conceive....I would think because of their age, he would suggest they try on their own for a period. I also did not realize that they were turned down for adoption because of their age. I didn't realize how quick the adoption process was, I always thought it took at least a year or years....like it did with my friends who have adopted children. But, like you mentioned....Kate wrote it in her book so it must be true and like I said I did not read the book so I don't know all the "facts".
    As far as what is captured on film and not broadcast, there are several videos that have been leaked that can be easily searched. One is called "The Argument". I wonder who leaked these videos and wonder if it was done purposely by TLC to add to the controversy or by the disgruntled staff of TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3472958;
    Reading the latest info online and in US magazine (which I never read, but couldn't resist for this story), Kate has burned every single bridge possible. She pissed on her own fathter, brother, best friend, Jon's family, babysitters, neighbors, fans AND TLC staff! I hate to say it, but it almost sounds as if she's brushing off her kids as well. She is on the road all the time and has turned parenting over to hired help - and Jon.
    Even Angela Krail the nurse that Kate fought so hard to keep, citing “society has a responsibility to help with the children, since modern medicine promotes the use of fertility drugs, which can lead to multiple births.” has said that she was awful to work for and that she fired 40 nurses prior to her employment with the Gosselins.
    And, while she is a good mother where the "basics" are concerned, i.e. food, shelter, clothing, minding manners, she gets fails as a mother on every other level. I have NEVER seen her actually play with the kids or interact with them on a personal level. The older girls don't even seem to be able to look at her in the eye. Kate is a drill sergeant - not a mother.
    Reports are that the children fight like crazy (monkey see, monkey do). Do you remember the episode where they were all in the driveway and Kate was sitting on her white throne and was barking orders? Remember Mady saying to the camera, "all Mommy does is yell at Daddy and give orders". Mady is one smart kid! It was the episode where Jon was saying how Kate does not play with the kids, she just sits on that plastic chair.

I'm so glad this thread is back. I need a place to vent. Every season, I've tried watching the series, and every season I fail. I honestly can't stomach the crappy treatment Kate heaps on Jon enough to go through a whole cycle. It is too disturbing. I have, however, tuned in enough to know what I think, and I'm thrilled that it is all coming to light - for all involved, Jon, Kate, the viewing public, and TLC.

The inevitable divorce is the the best thing that could happen to the two of them and more than likely, the best thing that can happen for the kids.

The next best thing would be to take the show off the air. The older girls are at an age where all this will come back to them, and it will be very difficult to deal with.

Not a single soul likes this woman anymore. Even her brother and sister-in-law sympathize with Jon - not Kate. They can't all be wrong - or lying.

It kills me to watch her get spa treatments when I think back to the days when she wasn't sure how they'd afford 8 kids. For all they've recieved over the years, they never seem to give anything back. I have yet to see them donate money or time in a meaningful way to others. I don't understand how it is that people continue to support this woman - she is a selfish, fame/money whore and a mean person to boot.

If they do get a divorce, I'd like to see the kids go with Jon. He at least seems to enjoy the kids. I like to hear him talk about when he plays with them; he enjoys them!

You are so right! It was Jon's responsibility to bathe the kids, dress the kids, and do the basic taking care of the kids.
    If they were to get a divorce, who do you think would be the better parent? Kate.......who is too into "me" with her book writing (by the way, how do you have 8 kids and find time to write even one book?) touring, and public speaking?
    Or Jon.......who is just plain tired. Tired of being a stay at home dad. Tired of the media. Tired of everything.
    I would say Jon because he at least seems to truely love those kids. And he's the only one who you see spending any time with them. I think Kate is a poor role model to her girls.
    I loved their last comments on the first new show about how they are each in it for the kids. Yeah, right. They're in it for the kid's making them money, paying for that million dollar home, paying the upkeep on it, paying the taxes, etc.
    Just what do the kids have to do with it? They're in it for the money. Period.

Closed Thread