Closed Thread
Page 53 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

How would she have 8 spilled drinks? You mean that she still has the EIGHT year old twins drinking out of sippy cups? If Kate has eight spilled drinks to clean up at each meal then she has to TEACH the kids how to drink out of cups without spilling, just like ALL mothers have to teach their kids a multitude of things. Having more kids does not excuse her from having to teach her kids how to do things and mature. The world shouldn't revolve around what's convenient for Kate, but what's good for her children. They didn't ask to be born and they're no longer babies they are five years old.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3493851;
    fluff: Seriously are the FIVE year olds really still wearing bibs and drinking from sippy cups???? Please tell me they're not. :nono

Yes they are.
    Although I think they should be out of them, I was slightly less bothered by the high chairs simply because some of the tups are still so little I don't think they'd reach the table if they were sitting on regular chairs.
    They should probably take them out of the high chairs and put them on regular chairs with booster seats.
    If they mention wanting them on the show they might even get some donated

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmum
    And YES! Rip those bibs off and toss the cups with the lids. GEEZ KATE! Have you never heard of Spray N Wash ? And who cares if you have to clean up eight spilled drinks at each meal.
    Kate has said on a number of occasions they don't do things that are most convenient for them, they do things that are best for the children.
    I don't think drinking out of a sippy cup is best for a five year old.
    They need to be taught to improve their motor skills.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-10-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3493966;
    Don't stop with MK and Ashley. Think Ron Howard, Kirk and Candace Cameron, Jeff Cohen, Josh Saviano and little Bobby Brady aka Mike Lookinland.

And YES! Rip those bibs off and toss the cups with the lids. GEEZ KATE! Have you never heard of Spray N Wash ? And who cares if you have to clean up eight spilled drinks at each meal.
    Ron Howard does not fit into this category. In everything I have ever read on him, he was kept grounded by his family. He even went to a public school at one time. His brother Clint was also treated the same, just did not get the fame.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3494017;
    Ron Howard does not fit into this category. In everything I have ever read on him, he was kept grounded by his family. He even went to a public school at one time. His brother Clint was also treated the same, just did not get the fame.
    Not that I want to speak for, Pugmum, but I think the fact that Ron Howard and the other people she listed don't fit into the category was the point.

One could just as easily produce a list of child actors who were negatively impacted by their fame.

You just have to hope that any children who do achieve fame are brought up well and become well-adjusted, vital members of society.
    For every Natalie Portman there's a Dana Plato
    "That's Numberwang!"

I remember tabloids about Kirk and Candace Cameron during their time. I know who Mike Lookinland is, but have no idea about the others.
    There's no place like home!

The thing about the high chairs that drives me crazy is that the kids are able to sit in chairs.....and have done so in the past.

There was that time the tups were all over at Aunt Jodi's for the day and they ate their lunch at her table.....and sat in the chairs. (Can't remember if they had bibs and sippy cups) The thing is, they were three years old at the time!

I also think when they went to that beach house in NC in season four, or even Hawaii for the wedding renewal and ate in a restaurant, they sat in regular chairs. And I don't even think they were sitting with their legs under their butts to raise them up to table level.

So it can be done.....and it is high time it gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3494000;

Yes they are.
    Although I think they should be out of them, I was slightly less bothered by the high chairs simply because some of the tups are still so little I don't think they'd reach the table if they were sitting on regular chairs.
    They should probably take them out of the high chairs and put them on regular chairs with booster seats.
    If they mention wanting them on the show they might even get some donated

Kate has said on a number of occasions they don't do things that are most convenient for them, they do things that are best for the children.
    I don't think drinking out of a sippy cup is best for a five year old.
    They need to be taught to improve their motor skills.
    They could be keeping them with sippy cups and bibs to give us the impression they are still so small and cute. REmember what they say about cute child stars that grow up!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Have you guys seen this clip? Kate deserves a "mother of the year" award for this one. I can't believe she took a sip and didn't give Mady one, that would have been the first thing I would have done.....and so what if they were going to go "on"...kids can't be drinking water on "air"....geez!
    Notice how she tells Mady "Shh, be quiet...work!"...poor Mady and all the other kids too, they were so bored and thirsty! The twins were taken out of school for this interview, too. Kate also asks the "not a nanny" if she brought the Olive Garden cups (the plastic ones they used in the Emeril episode). I wonder if they have cases of them or if they just reuse them over and over....they also used them in North Carolina last summer.....that's a lot of uses!!!
    Kate Gosselin Denies Daughter Water (Jan 28, 2009) | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3494137;
    I remember tabloids about Kirk and Candace Cameron during their time. I know who Mike Lookinland is, but have no idea about the others.
    I don't know a lot about the Cameron's, other than Candance is married to Valeri Bure and Kurt got religion and became (imo) insufferable.
    Neither was famous in the UK where I was born and raised.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC
    The thing about the high chairs that drives me crazy is that the kids are able to sit in chairs.....and have done so in the past.
    Oh they can definitely sit in chairs. I think the sippy cups, high chairs and bibs are for the convenience of the parents, contrary to what Kate as said in the past.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3494194;
    They could be keeping them with sippy cups and bibs to give us the impression they are still so small and cute. REmember what they say about cute child stars that grow up!
    That's very possible that they want us to think the 'tuplets are younger than they are. Is there any hope that those in control are willing to humilate 5 year olds by putting them in high chairs with bibs and sipper cups, but only when they're being filmed? It's just wrong, but at least not QUITE as wrong for the kids to do only when the cameras a rolling in an effort to deceive the viewing public.
    It's pretty obvious with the edit that Kate's witchy ways are the center of the show and not the 'tuplets and this must be due to the fact that 6 five year olds are not nearly as fascinating as the herculean task of raising 6 two or three year olds.

Closed Thread