Closed Thread
Page 52 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3493820;
    They talked about that on TMZ last night.
    They decided Kate did him a favour in the long run because he's get laughed at if he showed his friends at school the autograph

One thing I did notice from the Emerill show is that the training wheels are back on Joel's bike. They aren't content with having them still wear bibs and drink from sippy cups, they've actually put the training wheels back on the bike of the one child who could ride without them.
    They didn't seem to have a problem with them riding around on tarmac with helmets on either.

Ooops! You are right, Fluff. It was TMZ. Too many gossip shows, too little time....Thanks!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3493820;
    They talked about that on TMZ last night.
    They decided Kate did him a favour in the long run because he's get laughed at if he showed his friends at school the autograph

One thing I did notice from the Emerill show is that the training wheels are back on Joel's bike. They aren't content with having them still wear bibs and drink from sippy cups, they've actually put the training wheels back on the bike of the one child who could ride without them.
    They didn't seem to have a problem with them riding around on tarmac with helmets on either.
    fluff: Seriously are the FIVE year olds really still wearing bibs and drinking from sippy cups???? Please tell me they're not. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3493851;
    fluff: Seriously are the FIVE year olds really still wearing bibs and drinking from sippy cups???? Please tell me they're not. :nono
    and sitting in HIGH CHAIRS
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3493853;
    and sitting in HIGH CHAIRS
    o.k. I'm serious here, THAT is outrageous and impedes these poor children's development. Very BAD! :nono

I caught most of the Emeril episode last night that was rerun. Omg, was Kate a b*tch to Jon!!! GEEZ LOUISE!!! She was on the interview couch all by her lonesome saying "every time I think of Jon peeling all that garlic, I laugh"...nice, really nice Kate! It looked to me that Emeril felt for Jon and I bet he went home and gave his wife and earful about how mean Kate is to Jon! Also, no offense to Emeril but he really needs to watch his belly fat...it looked HUGE last night! It's so unhealthy to carry that much weight around your middle like that..... can you imagine a female chef on television being that big? I wonder why Kate didn't harp on Emeril's weight like she does all the time about Jon's weight.

I hate those plastic cups with the straws that the kids use, that type of plastic is not made to be used over and over and not meant to be placed in the dishwasher time and time again. Ugh, I don't know why I watched....it's just that I like to know what people are referring to when they post about the episode.

One other thing, if Chef Emeril Lagasse was coming to my house to cook, I know I would not have him prepare Chili Mac and Green Bean Casserole! I have made some of his recipes and some are very labor intensive and I would love to learn some of his techniques. Who needs Emeril to show you how to peel celery or grate cheese? Show me how to make a good roux, creme frache, pie crust...anything but chili mac and green bean casserole!!! Geez...Rachael Ray could have even done that!
    Last edited by luvsginger; 06-10-2009 at 05:48 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I dont watch this show. Never have and I never will. Having said that, why isnt Child Protective Services shutting down this production company and the network that allows this explotation to continue. At five years old they cant understand the implications of their parents desire for celebrity and easy money. Do you need to look any further than the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen twins for evidence as to the effect this smile for the camera has long term with children. Save the innocent and shut this stuff down now before more children are exploited. It isnt reality, it is repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3493927;
    I dont watch this show. Never have and I never will. Having said that, why isnt Child Protective Services shutting down this production company and the network that allows this explotation to continue. At five years old they cant understand the implications of their parents desire for celebrity and easy money. Do you need to look any further than the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen twins for evidence as to the effect this smile for the camera has long term with children. Save the innocent and shut this stuff down now before more children are exploited. It isnt reality, it is repulsive.

Couldn't have said it better. Pull the danged plug already and call CPS - STAT!
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 06-10-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: add on
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

I don't know how they can at this point...they have that million dollar home to pay for!!! Not to mention all the expenses that come with a home that size AND 8 kiddos to clothe and feed. NOPE, I think they need J&K+8 to keep their heads above ground. JMHO. It is a sad situation they have gotten themselves into.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3493886;
    I caught most of the Emeril episode last night that was rerun. Omg, was Kate a b*tch to Jon!!! GEEZ LOUISE!!! She was on the interview couch all by her lonesome saying "every time I think of Jon peeling all that garlic, I laugh"...nice, really nice Kate! It looked to me that Emeril felt for Jon and I bet he went home and gave his wife and earful about how mean Kate is to Jon! Also, no offense to Emeril but he really needs to watch his belly fat...it looked HUGE last night! It's so unhealthy to carry that much weight around your middle like that..... can you imagine a female chef on television being that big? I wonder why Kate didn't harp on Emeril's weight like she does all the time about Jon's weight.

I hate those plastic cups with the straws that the kids use, that type of plastic is not made to be used over and over and not meant to be placed in the dishwasher time and time again. Ugh, I don't know why I watched....it's just that I like to know what people are referring to when they post about the episode.

One other thing, if Chef Emeril Lagasse was coming to my house to cook, I know I would not have him prepare Chili Mac and Green Bean Casserole! I have made some of his recipes and some are very labor intensive and I would love to learn some of his techniques. Who needs Emeril to show you how to peel celery or grate cheese? Show me how to make a good roux, creme frache, pie crust...anything but chili mac and green bean casserole!!! Geez...Rachael Ray could have even done that!

Kate is a piece of work! Can you imagine having Emeril Lagasse cook for your family, him acting as if it were a honor and pleasure for him and then have his host smacking him with a spatula--twice!? What on earth is this woman thinking? Emeril was a class act and ignored her idiotic behavor. He seemed to be truly enjoying the kids. I did not see the beginning, but I would not be surprised if it was Emeril's menu as he was cooking for kids but he added his "hot" sauce --although the "bam" came from Kate and not Emeril!

Kate is a self centered, self absorbed Reality TV Monster who has let the whole fame and fortune issue go to her head! I did not watch this show until it started hitting all of the gossip columns about their separation and decided to take a look for myself--Kate is a bit...h on wheels! Very few of her moments on camera are sweet and genuine -- if any!

I have to admit I do like Jon better, but don't know him very well as Kate who is the obvious dominate factor on the show. The kids are adorable and genuine and you got to love them despite the circus environment! Oh, does this make for reality TV!

FORT Fogey

Don't stop with MK and Ashley. Think Ron Howard, Kirk and Candace Cameron, Jeff Cohen, Josh Saviano and little Bobby Brady aka Mike Lookinland.

And YES! Rip those bibs off and toss the cups with the lids. GEEZ KATE! Have you never heard of Spray N Wash ? And who cares if you have to clean up eight spilled drinks at each meal.

Closed Thread