Closed Thread
Page 5 of 285 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3471722;
    according to tlc they only film 2 days a week for 2 hrs a day for 6 months.
    I saw that response from TLC which contradicts J&K's earlier statement that it's 3-4 days a week. They also responded to criticism from Kevin and Jodi's complaint that the kids were filmed in bedrooms by saying that they did not do that. We know that's not true and the no filming in bedrooms rule only came about with the move to the new house.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3471717;
    Showbiz tonight reported that the producers of TLC are scrambling to find an apartment for Jon that is camera ready. How disgusting.
    Why should Jon move out, Kate's never home so what's the difference?

On other boards there is mention of the whole family going to China and other parts of Asia (maybe Korea?) and Africa THIS summer! (And of course, with the camera crew in tow!)

If this is true, I think it is ridiculous! First, due to the marital tension going on, traveling en masse is just going to take things up a couple of notches! Secondly, I also think that these kids are too young to really enjoy all that kind of traveling. I see many meltdowns coming from both the youth and adult contingents!

Luvsginger, I thought that Jon was sleeping in the apartment above the garage?

I also have to wonder about "seasons" on TLC. They are now in the fifth season of the show, but the show didn't start airing on TLC until 2007, right? So in less than two years, we are now into the fifth season. It was in March that they aired the final episode of Season 4. Then they came on again in April/May for that Gosselins Go Green episode. And now they are back with the start of Season 5???? After a two month break?

I also thought that the first episode of Season 5 was to be about their the trip to the Smithsonian to tie in with the opening of that movie, "A Night at the Museum 2." I swear I saw commercials regarding them at the Smithsonian and the tie-in with the movie premiere. Instead, we get the footage of the tups 5th birthday (which was only filmed on May 17th, a week after the tups' real birthday) and the interviews regarding the state of their marriage.

I have also read where TLC is going to incorporate marriage counseling into the show. Kate wants to keep this show going at all costs, and she had to agree to marriage counseling or TLC would not air another season, which would be season 6 since season 5 was already in the works.

I really wish they would pull the plug and do marriage counseling in private.

So many children that are in the public eye for the most of their childhood have big time trouble when they grow up. I worry how they will keep 8 children on the right pathway. I believe they need alot more attention than I have seen Kate give them. One time I heard that when a parent yells at children it does the same damage as hitting. Kate is a yeller!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Wow, totally suprised to see this thread open right now....especially with everything going on. So Thank You! I needed somewhere to talk about it

I feel so bad for this family....all of them. I don't think anyone (even Kate) wants to go through this pain of divorce and hurting their children. Its so sad to see the changes in all of them. You can definitely see it in Mady and Cara. I did appreciate everything Kate had to say....at least she did admit her faults. But it seems that both of them are just tired of trying. What a shame. It was seriously painful to watch.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3471811;
    Luvsginger, I thought that Jon was sleeping in the apartment above the garage?
    Probably! But in order to file for divorce in PA, you must establish separate residences for 6 months. I saw a preview of Monday nights season opener and it was Kate saying how she was on bed rest for "30 entire weeks". Did they show it? How can this be true when the tups were born at 30 weeks? There are so many inconsistencies, it's hard to keep track!

PS...Thanks again to the mods for opening this thread! You can't avoid Jon and Kate unless you live in a cave these days! Even my husband asks me about it.

LOL Mine does too, Ginger. He is a Volunteer Fireboy and they meet on Monday nights, so he has never seen the show. But he sure hears all about it from me! (And he can't escape their mugs at the checkout line when he stops at the store on his way home from work either!)

FORT Fogey

It seems to me that Kate needed love and Jon needed a mother and that is where they were attracted to each other in the beginning. I think that their love was never based on anything but that. Now that Kate has the money, fame, and attention she is equating that with the love she was lacking, and now Jon has other offers to fill his void, and they are realizing that they were not right for each other at all. I know exactly how Kate feels. The need to control comes from being out of control at a young age. I am the same way, and it is very hard to relax. I think sometimes we like to judge people way too much, and we need to look at how people are raised and it answers a lot of the bad things that they do as adults. I am not excusing her at all, but I try really hard to understand and not judge people the best I can. I see Jon as a big child, and Kate as the controller. I think Jon was babied as a child and Kate was ignored and treated to adult roles too quickly.

I feel for the children. I think that if anyone's family was on television you might be surprised by what you see. I just wish that people would quit watching, and let this trainwreck stop for the children sakes and hopefully some sponsors, etc will pull out and the family will ge the help that they all need.

FORT Fogey

I still don't think that pulling the plug on the show is a solution to their problems. You can't forget -- the show is their job. Jon was able to quit his job because they do the show for a job. I know that when people suggest they quit the show in order to fix the marriage, it comes from the concern of living it all for the world to see instead of in the privacy of their family. But think about it -- if they were Jon the stay at home dad, and Kate the Finance VP of a corporation, and were having the problems they are, would people be suggesting that Kate quitting her job, and both being unemployed, would fix the marriage?

In judging the possible negative effects on the kids, I think its fair to examine the positive effects the show has brought to their lives too. On some of the "ask Jon and Kate" shows they've done, that issue has been brought up, and I think the defense they've offered is a fair one. Being one of 8 kids, there is no possible way that these kids would have the experiences they've had -- the travel, the activities like children's museums, shows, etc. In addition, they would not have the human interaction which develops social skills that they've had. No, the travel and activities are not mandatory for a child's life ... but they do enrich it. If you took away the show then yes, the kids would not have to face a nation full of people debating the merits of their parents marriage. But instead, they'd have the social impact of being home playing with siblings and no one else for the huge majority of their lives, and that has its own set of effects.

This is a TV show. What better ratings than to have the "couple" splitting up. This last episode was one of the highest rated. People are discussing and cussing the show. The kids are all in school. What else could have been found to keep this show alive.
    There's no place like home!

Closed Thread