Closed Thread
Page 4 of 285 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3471187;
    The paparazzi thing seemed very set-up to me. People Magazine reported that when they were filming that part, the normal caravan of the van followed by two cars of production / camera people they normally travel with had the addition of two vans of paparazzi. People didn't say it, but it gave you the impression that TLC had let the paps know when they'd be going so that they could be included in the show.

As for Kate throwing Jon under the bus -- it could be. It could be that he wanted to be a part of all of it, and she refused, or the production refused, in order to depict them being apart. Or, it could be that Jon really was away - that he really had said "you've been on the book tour, now you're finally home, so I'm taking a few days. I'll be home in time for the party'. I'm not sure there's a way for us to know which one is more accurate.
    I want to preface this by saying I do not watch this show, but I did read the People cover story (I was working the night shift and it was slow ). I found the article shocking. Lots of women have been cheated on, but to trash the father of your children - your school-age children, yet - so publicly and so crassly...well, I was honestly horrified. Get divorced, scream at him in private, throw his clothes on the lawn, whatever - but the People article was a disgusting display of airing one's dirty laundry in public.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3471615;
    I honestly think that this show has ruined their family-but for some people, it's all about the money.
    When they say 40 episodes, they probably aren't all going to air them in 40 consecutive weeks. They probably will air a batch of episodes, maybe take a week off or something...the ratings definitely do not lie though. I mean, I wonder about the taping structure of the show, if they ever get any time off. Even shows that tape "all the time" have days off sometimes.
    They have days off. They've said before that on an average week, cameras are around 3-4 days. But some of those days are not a full day of taping. If cameras are at the house for one hour in a day to film interviews, that's counted as a day of taping.

With 40 episodes, also keep in mind that doesn't mean 40 weeks of taping. Consider vacation episodes -- they can go on vacation for one week, and TLC makes 3-4 shows out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3471622;
    They have days off. They've said before that on an average week, cameras are around 3-4 days. But some of those days are not a full day of taping. If cameras are at the house for one hour in a day to film interviews, that's counted as a day of taping.

With 40 episodes, also keep in mind that doesn't mean 40 weeks of taping. Consider vacation episodes -- they can go on vacation for one week, and TLC makes 3-4 shows out of it.
    You have a good point there, as they can make 13-15 hour long Real World episodes out of 3-4 months of taping but most of them are or can be the events of less than 48 hours.
    Last edited by Trista; 05-27-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I really think the only hope for this family is for TLC to back off. That is why I decided to stop watching last year, I just hurt for all of the kids.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

It's pretty clear the episode included the interviews from the most latest round of gossip interspersed with footage of the party. I really question whether we would have seen any of those interviews discussing their marriage if there hadn't been those tabloid photos causing a stir. If you think about the birthday footage without those interviews, would the way they didn't interact at the party have been very noticable? I think the show felt obliged to patch in something acknowledging the recent trouble because it was being talked about so extensively, but if it hadn't happened, they wouldn't have let on.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum
    That said, did anyone else want to crawl through their TV when (?) lost his balloon? Oh he needed a hug and a "that's okay" along with a quick "you are sharing your balloon with someone in Heaven".
    Oh my gosh, how hard would it have been to give him an ounce of sympathy instead of that tone of voice that makes it clear to the camera "I knew this was going to happen, I may have even warned him, but no one listens to ME" while giving him a dumb platitude. Just give him a "Oh, I'm sorry hon." Ugh.

I think you can measure Kate's craziness by her level of tan obsession. The more glow-y she gets the more she's caught up in the glamour.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Showbiz tonight reported that the producers of TLC are scrambling to find an apartment for Jon that is camera ready. How disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3471717;
    Showbiz tonight reported that the producers of TLC are scrambling to find an apartment for Jon that is camera ready. How disgusting.
    Love your avatar, ginger

according to tlc they only film 2 days a week for 2 hrs a day for 6 months.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

This is one of the saddest trainwrecks I think I've seen in a LONG time.

Jon may not be a saint (and who among us is?), or the brightest light on the Christmas tree, but I've gotta admit that I know very, VERY, few men that would've put up with Kate and her treatment for even one nanosecond.

Kids and all.

I feel so sorry for their poor kids.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3471719;
    Love your avatar, ginger
    Us SFers have similar tastes! Thank you!
    Saint LuvsGinger

Closed Thread