Closed Thread
Page 3 of 285 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Even though I had never watched this show ..my daughter has for a long time and loved them after all the media attention I decided to watch this past weekend....wow...I have so many things going through my mind but all I will say is that if Jon had treated and talked to Kate the way I have seen her talk and the way she treats him everyone in America would be shouting ABUSE ABUSE but no seems to think it abuse when a woman treats a man that way.....IMO...TLC needs to pull the plug on this show..I don't think it will save the marriage but maybe it will give the children a chance to have a normal life of some sort....or IMO all 8 of them will need some serious therapy...I know during their interviews Jon reminded me of women I have seen in battered women's groups...broken down...beaten..no ego..no self esteem and no belief in himself ...and in now way will I excuse his having an affair if he did but I know from experience that when someone gets that beaten down they will hang onto the first thing or person that says or does something positive for them because it validates them and they need it...because its been lacking in their lives
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 05-27-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I can understand the requirement for Kate to publicise her book through appearances at signings and the like, but I looked at her schedule for a couple of months at another site and it seemed unnecessarily gruelling. She was spening, imo, too many days away from the family.
    I think it would have been equally unnecessary had Jon been the one who was away that often, so I don't consider it any worse that the mother was the one who was away.
    I don't think her responsibilities to her children are any greater than Jon's.

Kate seems very caught up in the celebrity of it all to me.
    The children have essentially become the meal ticket for the family. As Jon said the other night, it started out as a way to document their children's lives and turned into a business.
    Every material possession they have has come at a price and it seems as though Jon thinks that price is too high.

I did have to laugh when Aaden called Joel a "pooper weiner heiny butt pooper"
    Last edited by fluff; 05-27-2009 at 07:20 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree Jon looks depressed and just downright worn down. when I look back on how he used to look he just now looks so old.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471149;
    I saw aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin on The Early Show this morning and it really upsets me to know they don't have access to the children anymore.
    It seems as though Kate takes steps to eliminate anyone who doesn't agree with her from her life, but in doing so she also denies her children access to people who have been around them and loved them all their lives.
    I always felt their relationship with Jodi in particular, as we saw more of that, was nothing but positive.
    If the rumours are to be believed, TLC wanted to compensate Jodi and Kevin for allowing them to film inside their home, which sounds completely reasonable to me, but Kate put her foot down and said no one was to make money off the show apart from the Gosselins.
    I don't see why Jodi should have the film crew in her house and not be compensated. That seems only fair to me.
    Beth seems to be out of the picture too now. She wasn't in season four much and made an appearance in the premiere of season five only via footage of the carnival the tups had for their third birthday.

The children love Jodi and Kevin and Beth and Bob and it upsets me to think that they are being denied access to them.
    I agree with EVERYTHING that you said. I hope that for the sake of the children's current and future emotional stability that someone pulls the plug on this show. If Kate wants her own talk show so much than give it to her and leave Jon and the kids out of it.

TLC order 40 EPISODES for this season! Wowsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Princess;3471330;
    I agree with EVERYTHING that you said. I hope that for the sake of the children's current and future emotional stability that someone pulls the plug on this show. If Kate wants her own talk show so much than give it to her and leave Jon and the kids out of it.
    Yes, what Kate is doing, imo, is NOT just for the good of the kids. She's seen the promise of real weatlth and is reaching for the brass ring and nobody can pry it out of her hands. I hope SOMEONE is attending to the children, they didn't ask for any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3471308;
    I can understand the requirement for Kate to publicise her book through appearances at signings and the like, but I looked at her schedule for a couple of months at another site and it seemed unnecessarily gruelling. She was spening, imo, too many days away from the family.
    I think it would have been equally unnecessary had Jon been the one who was away that often, so I don't consider it any worse that the mother was the one who was away.
    I don't think her responsibilities to her children are any greater than Jon's.

Kate seems very caught up in the celebrity of it all to me.
    The children have essentially become the meal ticket for the family. As Jon said the other night, it started out as a way to document their children's lives and turned into a business.
    Every material possession they have has come at a price and it seems as though Jon thinks that price is too high.

I did have to laugh when Aaden called Joel a "pooper weiner heiny butt pooper"
    WOW!!!! I swear you had to of read my mind. I will admit that I am not a frequent watcher of this show but the times I did watch all I saw was an overbearing control freak of a mother as muach as it pains me to think of any woman in those terms.
    If their sole reason for doing this program was to document the progression of their children's lives they could have done that with the purchase of a video camera & filmed their lives privately. Instead they made the choice to put their family on display for millions of people to view.
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't complain when the neighbors notice their dirty laundry.
    5 year olds needing body guards???? sigh...& they expect these children to grow up normal???

Quote Originally Posted by kristin626;3471338;
    TLC order 40 EPISODES for this season! Wowsers.
    At $75,000 an episode last thing I heard.
    I can see why Kate doesn't want that gravy train to come to a halt.

Jon was already expressing doubts at the end of last season.
    I remember seeing the last show where he said he can't be Jon anymore, he has to be "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and he was finding it difficult.
    Now, whether one feels they both "asked for it" by inviting the cameras into their lives, he was expressing real struggles with it and Kate just kept saying that she was loving her life and what she was doing.
    It was very clear then that they could be facing some issues in the future as they did not appear to be on the same page at all.

Very sad.
    "That's Numberwang!"

How long is a season exactly? I think TLCs season are not the same as the major networks. Not counting the two one hour specials, they show began in 2007.
    After hearing that the kids hate the cameras around, it breaks my heart to see these kids being used like this....
    I wonder what made Jon finally give in.

Speaking of the first two specials, Kate is definitely a different person than she was when she came home from her tummy tuck and mini makeover, or at least she is on camera.

I honestly think that this show has ruined their family-but for some people, it's all about the money.
    When they say 40 episodes, they probably aren't all going to air them in 40 consecutive weeks. They probably will air a batch of episodes, maybe take a week off or something...the ratings definitely do not lie though. I mean, I wonder about the taping structure of the show, if they ever get any time off. Even shows that tape "all the time" have days off sometimes.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Closed Thread