Closed Thread
Page 285 of 285 FirstFirst ... 185235275276277278279280281282283284285
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 2850

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Geez Louise, this guy's got his girlfriend calling him a liar in public and basically saying he's immature!!?!? And she's his spin doctor? Why isn't he just hiding under a rock, seriously???

FORT Fogey

E!News covered the women's conference, and they showed Kate's tent/booth with a huge crowd waiting in line. So, I have no idea where the "3 fans with Kate in a sad little corner" came from, but it was not accurate.
    I think the "huge crowd" was for the entire event, which according to the conference web site attracted 25,000 women. I believe the reports of the light turnout for Kate's brief appearanceare are accurate, based on eyewitness accounts, such as our own chitex' report, as well as sources such as this video from ET. Note the very light applause and lots of people milling around in the background, not part of the audience.

Kate Gosselin Gets Candid About the Lessons She's Learned - AOL Video

Kate was not part of the event's main venue, but a side event called "Night at the Village," and she wasn't listed on the agenda of speakers, so it's unlikely she could have drawn a huge crowd if she wasn't on the program.

The LA Times quoted organizers describing Kate's event as a "blink-and-you'll-miss-her appearance," and had this to say about her appearance:
    Although Gosselin's appearance had been touted for months, her name was not listed among the 22 authors on the book-signing schedule given to reporters, and a question-and-answer session with TV reporter Giselle Fernandez lasted less than five minutes.
    At Maria Shriver event, Kate Gosselin is in transition -- latimes.com

So... who's looking forward to Kate: Her Story?
    But TLC assigned their best tabloid-esque writer the task of making the episode sound like must-see TV, using words like "tell all," "revealing and intimate," "raw," and straight from a 1950s movie trailer: "Kate Gosselin as we've never seen her before." Good grief.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 10-28-2009 at 06:46 PM.

GMA had a good segment on the conference that featured "grief". Diane Sawyer interviewed Maria Shriver and there were several clips shown of Maria and other "high profile" women sharing about grief at the conference.

Luckily, there was zero mention of Kate.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3738408;
    Geez Louise, this guy's got his girlfriend calling him a liar in public and basically saying he's immature!!?!? And she's his spin doctor? Why isn't he just hiding under a rock, seriously???
    It's interesting to hear it coming from his "soulmate".

I think it's just more evidence that John is a Manchild and needs to grow the heck up. I feel like he's been on one continuous tantrum since the breakup was announced.

FORT Fogey

When in fact she received a very enthusiastic reception as evident on the video reports of the conference.
    Do you have a link to these reports? Because the only video reports I've seen don't show what you've described.

Not sure why it's "important" to run Kate down for something that did not happen?
    I haven't seen any evidence that it didn't happen as it's been reported. If there are sources reporting "huge crowds," giving a "very enthusiastic reception" to Kate's appearance, and "long lines" waiting for autographs, as well as eyewitness reports confirming the same, I'd be interested to know about them.

FORT Fogey

Guys, I'm sorry, but does it really matter that much? I mean, if it does it does, and that's not mine to decide.

I think it's clear that on this thread there are some people who are determined to see the worst in Kate no matter what. That's their prerogative. There's no point arguing that. I, personally, try to be as fair to both parties as possible, but that's me.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3737608;
    Saw Kate at the event in California sponsered by Maria Shriver, the crowd was thin, and gave a polite hand-clap. Then she was to sign her book for an hour, but left after 1/2 hour, as there was no line or interest.
    Here's a reminder of the post by an eyewitness of the event that WindDancer and Mz Daisy have spent many posts arguing over.

I think this thread is getting a little bit ridiculous. To argue back and forth, over and over again, is accomplishing nothing.

There are people here determined to see the worst in Jon or Kate, and people who are determined to defend their favorite to a ridiculous point.

Just because Kate didn't get a big reception at the book signing does not make a big statement about her, other than the fact that people are sick to death of these people!

I really wish that the people who are spending hours and hours on this thread would do so in defense of the children, rather than the fame-whore idiots that they were unfortunately stuck with as parents.

Thank you Maude~Flanders...I wish you luck. When I posted something along those lines upthread, I was basically told to "shut up" as what the parents do or don't do is fair game on this thread. I thought the thread was about the show itself but it seems to getting more and more about the extra curricular activities of the parents. So the long and the short of it is ITA with you and think that going back and forth over who's "source" is correct about something the parents did is a off track. But then again, as I was told before, "we have moderators for that".
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

There was a reason to why a Jon & Kate thread was shut down before. Looks like it's headed that way again.

If someone wants to start a thread in the Celeb News forum, knock yourself out. Tearing down other posters for their opinion won't be allowed, nor will arguing. Make your point once and then move on.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Closed Thread