Closed Thread
Page 284 of 285 FirstFirst ... 184234274275276277278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 2850

Thread: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: Jon & Kate Plus Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3738124;
    I totally agree with both of you. Unfortunately, Kate could turn into Mother Teresa and some people would continue to bash her regardless. I don't get it, but whatever it takes to make them feel better.
    I believe the converse is true for Kate fans. Kate could withhold water from her thirsty child and people would still support her. Oh, wait....

FORT Fogey

Having been part of book signings and having actually had to sit through both feast and famine--I gauge that group as very enthusiastic.
    I've attended book signings with some of our authors, and I'd have to say that even for the specialized area they appeal to, their audiences showed more enthusiasm than was given to Kate.

I would love to always get that kind of greeting at a signing.
    I truly hope you won't have to settle for that level of response at any signing. But if you're happy with it, that's what counts!

(BTW--there are always moments when even the most popular writer/author has to sit and wait for more fans to appear. It's just the nature of the beast. And it's a great time for the authors to get to know each other. I've made some very good connections during those slow times.)
    Again, having been there, done that with some of our authors, I'm well aware of the ebb and flow of interest throughout the scheduled time slot of the appearance. However, it''s obvious that Kate leaving after 30 minutes indicates both she and the PR folks who were with her determined that the lack of activity wasn't worth her staying for the full hour she was scheduled to be there.

E!News covered the women's conference, and they showed Kate's tent/booth with a huge crowd waiting in line. So, I have no idea where the "3 fans with Kate in a sad little corner" came from, but it was not accurate.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3738103;
    "In a sad little corner of Maria Shriver's big Women's Conference in Long Beach, Calif., Kate Gosselin was tucked into a tent Monday night, waiting to sign copies of her new book. But there were few fans who wanted her autograph. "

Now that I've seen the video myself I can say--this is a complete misrepresentation of the conditions for Kate--and for the other authors who were there as well.

And there were many more people than gave just "polite applause"

Nor was she "in a sad little corner."

IMO whoever wrote this "report" was not aware of what really went on but wanted to make it sound as though no one was paying attention to Kate--which is not true if you watch the video.

I saw it on ET and Access Hollywood last night.

BTW--the arrangements that each celebrity might have with their wrter varies from deal to deal.

Some have a contract that says that the writer shall NOT be mentioned at all either in print or in any acknowledgement--and others have an arrangement wherby their name is attached to the book but there is to be no public discussion or comment about their work.

And some are obligated--by contract--to mention the writer whenever they talk about the book.

These are legally binding contracts that are signed onto by the writers.

So--it's better not to judge one celeb by the contractual arrangements of another.

(There have been lawsuits in which writers tried to break the contracts-usually having to do with how much they agreed to be paid--but sometimes for a change in how they are mentioned/not mentioned--some have sued to have their names taken OFF a book----and I know one writer who sued to have their name put on the book after it took off in sales--but the courts have ruled in favor of these being legally binding contracts as long as both parties are legally able to form contracts with others and all contracts laws were followed in the formation.)
    Hey Wind--when I said polite applause, I was meaning she wasn't "booed"
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

So... who's looking forward to Kate: Her Story? Kudos to TLC for addressing this under-reported topic.
    remember to play

FORT Newbie

This was in People Today "Hailey Glassman says her reality star boyfriend is emotionally abusive – and she's sick of it. "He'll call me and take his anger out on me," Glassman, 22, says in a two-part interview scheduled to air on The Insider beginning Thursday. "He has 'mantrums.' I shouldn't have to put up with being emotionally abused. I cry and say, 'Why are you so mean to me?' "
    Was wondering if Jon was also this way with Kate behide the scenes.Maybe thats why she was like she was to him. Hailey says she still loves him tho...wonder for how long.

FORT Newbie

also this..." After their trip to France in July, she says she's faced harsh criticism. "People judge me before they meet me. I get threats everyday. I get called a home wrecker and a fat whore. People will stare or point. It gets worse everyday."
    But she may not get a straight answer. "Sometimes he has trouble with the truth," she says, "and he will dance and dance around his lies. He's like Jekyll and Hyde. But I still love him."
    She admits their relationship is "not normal," but Glassman says she can't imagine leaving Gosselin. "I don't want to leave him all alone," she says. "At the end of the day, I love him but I dislike him at times. When I love someone I would never hurt them."

I believe this poor girl is truly in love w/Jon. I know she has a lot of growing up to do but i hope she will wise up with the growing up.

FORT Fogey

Jon sounds like maybe he is bipolar and off his meds. Maybe that is why Kate was so strict with the kids diets and eating "organic" was because Jon cannot handle too much junk food or not eating right.

FORT Fogey

Or maybe this is just a side of him that's always been there and hasn't been displayed until now.

FORT Newbie

here's some more from OK magazine....“Kate wouldn’t say I was a home wrecker. I have respect for her,” she admits to the panel. “She’s like a lioness protecting her cubs. That’s her turf.”

Hailey’s involvement with Jon has hurt her relationship with her own family.

“He’s driven a fork between my family and I. My parents want me to be a normal 22-year-old. It’s not a normal relationship,” Hailey admits. “I love him, but as for my family and I, he needs to regain our trust. He lied to my mother.”

Closed Thread